Gigi's Company discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gigi's Company Archives > November 2010 Books of the Month Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please post your nominees for November 2010 Books of the Month on this thread. Please limit your nominations to two books per member.

message 3: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

***Don't judge a book by it's cover! This is one of those. The last book in the series is coming out in December and I think it's a great series that people would really like.***

St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Sounds good, Kristie.

message 5: by Kathleen (last edited Oct 19, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

My first nominee is a young adult book:

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, Book 1) by Rachel Vincent

Kaylee Cavanaugh is a female bean sidhe (pronounced banshee) when "she senses . . . someone near her is about to die . . . a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. . ."

(There is a prequel to this book called My Soul to Lose (Soul Screamers, Prequel) by Rachel Vincent My Soul to Lose available as an ebook for U.S. $2.39 on Amazon or Canadian $2.39 from Chapters.

My second nominee is a paranormal romance:

Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) by Alexis Morgan Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, Book 1) by Alexis Morgan.

"Devlin Bane: Born a Paladin, he is a member of an ancient band of warriors locked in a centuries-old war against evil. His destiny: To die over and over again to protect mankind from the Others, only to be revived each time by his mortal Handler . . ."

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
The Scarletti Curse by Christine Feehan The Scarletti Curse by Christine Feehan

Strange, twisted carvings and hideous gargoyles adorned the palazzo of the great Scarletti family. But a still more fearful secret lurked within its storm-tossed turrets. For every bride who entered its forbidding walls was doomed to leave in a casket. . . . Mystical and unfettered, Nicoletta had no terror of ancient curses and no fear of being chosen as Don Scarletti's bride - until she looked into his dark, mesmerizing eyes.

(This one has been in my TBR pile since March. I figured it's high time I read it, considering it was first published in 2001, LOL!)

and I'd like to nominate the second book in Lisa Kleypas's "The Hathaways" series:

Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.