Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's september reads

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3789 comments The Fixer Upper: A Novel- mary kay andrews - a fun read

The Lion-nelson demille- john corey's back as his wise cracking self

I'd Know You Anywhere-laura lipman- enjoyed this one.

Fly Away Home- jennifer weiner

Red Hook Road- ayelet waldman- a young couple is killed in a car accident on their wedding day. their families lives are followed for 4 years on the anniversary of their deaths. good read.

Mini Shopaholic- sophie kinsella- i didn't finish this one. i think i am so over the shopaholic books- especially when a virgil and a lydia and bill book are waiting for me at the library!

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Red Hook Road sounds good. Enjoy Lydia and Bill!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14974 comments Sherry:
I am looking forward to the new John Cory series book and the Mary Kay Andrews book! I didn't even finish the first Shopaholic book. ;(
Sherry wrote: "The Fixer Upper: A Novel- mary kay andrews - a fun read
The Lion-nelson demille- john corey's back as his wise cracking self
Mini Shopaholic- sophie kinsella- i didn't finish this one. i think i am so over the shopaholic books- especially when a virgil and a lydia and bill book are waiting for me at the library! "

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3789 comments Ann wrote: "Sherry:
I am looking forward to the new John Cory series book and the Mary Kay Andrews book! I didn't even finish the first Shopaholic book. ;(
Sherry wrote: "[book:The Fixer Upper: A Novel|594107..."

mary kay andrews came to "my" bookstore this summer. she's very fun to listen to and you just feel like you're her long lost best friend!
her books are always fun to read.

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3789 comments Marcy wrote: "Red Hook Road sounds good. Enjoy Lydia and Bill!"

it was a good one, marcy. and thanks!
poor lydia got kidnapped (not a spoiler -it's on page one of the book) and bill has to find her.

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments Sherry wrote: "Ann wrote: "Sherry:
Sherry wrote: "[book:The Fixer Upper: A ..."

I just can't get into the Mary Kay Andrews books, but I liked the ones she wrote under her real name, Kathy Hogan Trocheck.

message 7: by Ann (last edited Oct 02, 2010 10:03AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14974 comments Melodie:
I am way behind in reading them. DD likes them and is more up to date than I am. ;) I enjoyed Savannah Blues I would love to hear the author speak - envious of Sherry!!:)
Melodie wrote: " I just can't get into the Mary Kay Andrews books, but I liked the ones she wrote under her real name, Kathy Hogan Trocheck. "

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments I saw the Lippman described as "great literature" in a review. Nothing scares me like great literature.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3789 comments Barry wrote: "I saw the Lippman described as "great literature" in a review. Nothing scares me like great literature."

rofl, barry. you'd like the lipman, barry.

message 10: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Sherry wrote: "The Lion-nelson demille- john corey's back as his wise cracking self
]..."

I loved The Gold Coast. I need to try some others.

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14974 comments Cathy: The sequel, The Gate House, is pretty good too, and I love the John Corey books!
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/D_A...

Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: "I loved The Gold Coast. I need to try some others."

Mary/Quite Contrary Phillips | 459 comments Nelson DeMille...my favorite is PLUM ISLAND, but I haven't read THE LION yet.

Barry...I don't see the Lippman book as "literature". If so, I wouldn't say great. It was an enjoyable read, worth the time, but I would stuff the pretense.

message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Ann wrote: "Cathy: The sequel, The Gate House, is pretty good too, and I love the John Corey books!
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/D_A...

Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: ..."

Thanks. I just ordered the first John Corey book from my library.

message 14: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3668 comments I have the Gate house used in HC.