Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's September

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Between the audio books available online from my library, and discovering "e-books", I've read a couple this month I probably would have never considered reading ;)

CSI: Grave Matters by Max Allan Collins (4/5)
Corduroy Mansions by Alexander McCall Smith (3/5)
Hoot by Carl Hiaasen (4/5)
Closet Confidential by Mary Jane Maffini (3.5/5)
Spackled and Spooked by Jennie Bentley (4/5)
Getting Old is Tres Dangereux by Rita Lakin (4.5/5)
How to Be Popular by Meg Cabot (4/5)
Wicked Witch Murder by Leslie Meier (3.5/5)
Southern Fried by Cathy Pickens (4/5)
Plaster and Poison by Jennie Bentley (4/5)

DNF
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (I waited forever to get this book from PBS, and then I discovered it in audio from my library. I couldn't get past the first few chapters - it definitely wasn't what I was expecting).

message 2: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3668 comments I have Corduroy Mansions on my nook wish list even though I haven't read his other books yet. I like the cover of the book if that is a good reason. But last week I did see it at the library. I think I might see if it's still there and if so get it from there instead of buying the book.
I'm sorry you didn't finish the Kate Jacobs book I read it for the borders book group it was their first book and it was one of my best reads. I even ran out and bought the sequel plus her other book.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments I've got WICKED WITCH MURDER in The Pile. Plan to read it this month!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14975 comments Susie:
It is great to have those extra format options, isn't it! It can complicate things a bit when trying to juggle books ready to read in the proper format for your available time, but does add to the mix! I like expanding my book horizons too!

Susie in KS wrote: "Between the audio books available online from my library, and discovering "e-books", I've read a couple this month I probably would have never considered reading ;)"