Terminalcoffee discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09...

This is part of my resistance to the all-things-digital land of clouds.
Media degrades. Files degrade.

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Pffft. Paper degrades.audio tapes degrade.history degrades.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sarah....vinyl is never really coming back. sorry. i remember them touting CD's as indestructible. remember that? they showed how you couldn't hardly scratch them. right

message 4: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "sarah....vinyl is never really coming back. sorry. right"

You mean it went away?

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Vinyl rules.

message 6: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sally wrote: "Vinyl rules."

Yeah, but unfortunately Kevin's probably right. I'll just stick with what I have. It's not like I need any more Yardbirds albums on 180-gram vinyl.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

No, but Black Mountain on vinyl sounds goooooooooooooood. Lucinda Williams on vinyl sounds goooood.

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sally wrote: "No, but Black Mountain on vinyl sounds goooooooooooooood. Lucinda Williams on vinyl sounds goooood."

Doesn't everything? And the smell...

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Is it as good as the smell of a fresh library book?

message 10: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Sally wrote: "Is it as good as the smell of a fresh library book?"

Better. Go to your local used record emporium for a quick whiff.

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

We don't have one. We to to the flea market. I mouth breathe while there.

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i double dog challenge you all to go right now and buy a record player somewhere. not online, just go and buy one. then try to find a needle.

message 13: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i double dog challenge you all to go right now and buy a record player somewhere. not online, just go and buy one. then try to find a needle."

http://www.needledoctor.com/New/Phono...

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments like i said, you can find some online but hardly anywhere else

needledoctor? thought this was a link to a junkie supply house

message 15: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Dec 17, 2010 09:14AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "like i said, you can find some online but hardly anywhere else

needledoctor? thought this was a link to a junkie supply house"

Unless you can find them in some retro, throwback mom-and-pop place, on-line is the only place you'll find them.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i agree. my oldest son collects vinyl and a few years back i wanted to buy him a new record player. i went into best buy and when i asked if they had record players the pimply faced goofball in the audio department looked at me like i had a squid sewn to my face. totally clueless. "uhhh...no. maybe we could order one...??" i did find one but ended up having to go to a jewelry store to get a proper needle for one. who'd a thunk it?

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

I don't care that I can't get one anywhere but online. (you can at Sharper Image, Bang and Olfsen and BB&B) My local record store was full of stoned assholes and I'm glad they went out of business.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Record store snobs were a mainstay of my adolescence. They only hired really cute alterna-girls. Which, one on hand, made it easier to find them all at once, but we could only pine from a distance.

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Is that because you had to stand outside the glass unless you had money to spend?