What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Young Adult Trilogy - Three children sent to other world [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (murasaki8) | 8 comments I read this trilogy of books when I was a teenager, which was at least 15 years ago, and they had been out for a while then. It involved three children, teenagers I believe, a girl and two boys. One of the boys was described as being chubby or fat and rather slow, and was looked down upon by the other two.

*SPOILER WARNING*
Somehow they were sent to another world, and I think it ended up in the typical hero's save the other world type of story. But I remember that one of the boys sort of went evil, or to the other side, and the chubby boy ended up a lot fitter and a lot more resourceful than originally thought.
*SPOILER WARNING*

I can really remember enjoying this series, so hopefully someone might know it. I'm afraid I don't know the author, or any of the titles, or even the name of the trilogy.

Thanks

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (murasaki8) | 8 comments Ariana wrote: "My best guess is Molly Fyde and the Parsona Rescue"

No, wasn't any space or science fiction in the series. Thanks anyway. Looks interesting, so might put it on my to read list :p

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments If it wasn't a trilogy...I'd wonder if it was
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

message 5: by Rasheed (last edited Oct 09, 2010 06:58AM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 24 comments I wonder if it was A Wrinkle in Time and its sequels.

It could easily pass for both Science Fiction and Fantasy.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Although there's travel to other worlds, they do not actually travel through space. One of the two boys, the younger one who is considered by all three to be more intelligent, does come under the control of an evil force, and the other boy's talent is just beginning to prove useful where I'm at now (second last chapter).

I'm 80% through and hopefully they'll end up saving the other world in the end.

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 24 comments Rats. I just finished A Wrinkle in Time last night. It sounds like that's the one to me too. (And I think they do travel through space when they tesserate.)

message 7: by Rasheed (last edited Oct 09, 2010 06:57AM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 24 comments Yes, they do cross vast distances of space, but not in the usual manner in a ship. Rather, they take short cuts through space like the Stargate does except that no detectable device is used. It's more like teleportation than actual space travel.

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 24 comments Yeah, I read it like Harry Potter's portkey effect.

message 9: by Louise (new)

Louise | 20 comments I know the one you mean! Can't remember the title though! The plot as I remember it :
They are walking home form school, tkae a different turning through a wood and end up in a paralel world. They have to go on a march againest the evil overlord and the thin boy eventually becomes the evil overlord and the other two take over the places of the good council. I think it was an american book .

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (murasaki8) | 8 comments Louise wrote: "I know the one you mean! Can't remember the title though! The plot as I remember it :
They are walking home form school, tkae a different turning through a wood and end up in a paralel world. The..."

Yes, yes, that sounds exactly like it. :)

message 11: by Louise (new)

Louise | 20 comments Muahahhaahha! Glorious victory!

The Llandor Trilogy by Louise Lawerence!!

message 12: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 02, 2010 01:01AM) (new)

Jennifer (murasaki8) | 8 comments Louise wrote: "Muahahhaahha! Glorious victory!

The Llandor Trilogy by Louise Lawerence!!"

Woohoo~

That's it XD

Thank you
Journey Through Llandor