Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > How do you feel about being naked? (the technicalities of beach sex)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori So our fashion runway started me thinking about this, and I know I'm your typical fucked up American - I'm so shy about this! In our thread about what we haven't done and I mentioned skinnydipping, I didn't do it because I couldn't! And I used to have a great body! (Not that I knew it at the time.)

I'm so much more comfortable now even with my middle-aged sprawl, but still being naked in front of other people is not my thing - except alone, then I glorify in it. And I think I'm far better than other people since I used to work in theater where we were always having to strip down to change costumes in front of others, and shopping at the original Loehmann's in Brooklyn which was one big dressing room and all sorts of bodies.

But that wasn't completely naked! Even if I was on a beach in Europe, I'd be bashful.

I also don't really think genitals are our most attractive features. :D

But I also know people who have been to nudist camps, or nude beaches, say it's one of the most liberating things - and no one is looking at others in that way all anymore.

So maybe when I'm an older crone I should go to a nude beach!

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) In front of my husband, or my mom or my sister...I could care less. I'm not very modest. But, like a nude beach? No way! I'm sure part of it is because I'm chubby, part of it is because I'd just feel...NAKED!

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments First off, when you go dissing women’s genitalia you’re being insensitive to my religious views.

That aside, every birthday I go to the bar, get drunk, weep, and finish it off by taking off my top.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments just an FYI, around here we pronounce it nekkid. just saying

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I'll tell you my big secret - I have VERY uneven breasts, as the result of a cyst I was born with. I used to be very self-conscious and worry about attractiveness and such. Then when I started having sex I discovered that no man ever seemed to be put off by it at all. Or as my ex-husband used to say "naked girl is naked girl." So now, in a sexual context, I'm not very self conscious about it, but in a non-sexual context, I still am.

But otherwise, I would much rather be without clothes than with them and I shed almost everything the second I walk through the door.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Rebecca wrote: "I shed almost everything the second I walk through the door.
"

So what you're trying to tell us is: you're messy.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I'm sometimes "clothes on the floor" messy. I'm not "dirty dishes from last week under the couch" messy.

message 8: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Rebecca wrote: "I'm sometimes "clothes on the floor" messy. I'm not "dirty dishes from last week under the couch" messy."

Since you told a secret, I'll tell one of my own: I've never once told a woman, "Don't take off your clothes and throw them on the floor."

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori Ha! I wait til I'm in my bedroom, that's where the clothes are.

I'm not shy around my family,altho suddenly I'm covering up with undies if Jake is around, he IS 14 now, but if he sees me in the bath I'm not freaked at all. I think he's very comfortable with his body and bodies in general, thank god.

Yes I'd really love to go to a nudist beach. And I need to go skinny dipping, I know - the water, the sun, the breeze, ahhhh.

Yep, in a few years you'll see my on the news. "Old woman arrested for getting nekkid! She says she's fed up with being ashamed of nekkidness!"

I'm reading R. Crumbs version of the Genesis (it's excellent!) and one thing I noticed that as soon as Adam and Eve eat that apple, they freak out because they are nekkid. So was that added later, or have humans been f-upped about this forever?

message 10: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart When I'm at home, I'm in a t-shirt and panties. When I'm in my room alone, I'm in a t-shirt and panties. If it didn't make my suitemates uncomfortable, I'd walk around the suite like that.

I'm morbidly obese, and I don't mind changing clothes in front of guys or girls, and I will get naked. I like not wearing anything. But if I were at a nude beach, I wouldn't mind being able to not have to wear anything. Nakedness doesn't have to be sexual.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You're braver around your kids than I am.

I hate wearing a bra around the house (sorry, they're just NOT comfortable when you're anything larger than a C cup), and I always feel slightly strange when my oldest has friends over. Almost like I need to go strap them in or something because there are teens around.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Okay, well then the general consesus is : Bras suck.

I can never find a decent sports bra to wear around the house. I wouldn't mind having one to wear under tank tops, since I usually do some sort of tank top/boxers or tshirt/boxers combo if we don't have anyone at the house except for the usual suspects.

message 13: by Lori (new)

Lori Bras pinch no matter the size. Nuff said!

Undies do too. That's why I no longer where them. I avoid socks as much as possible. And I sleep nekkid too.

If I could I'd really walk around in sweats and flip flops (to be kicked off on any ground that won't cut me up) all the time.

Yeah so Genesis, even in the garden knowledge leads to self-consciousness about our bodies. Just strange. Are the non-Abrahamic religions like that? I don't think so.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I can't wear clothing without some sort of underwear. I really hate thongs, but usually have a paranoia about lines, so I wear them if I'm leaving the house. Otherwise I have the regular bikini type for around the house because they are far more comfortable.

message 15: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Y'all think WAY too much about your undergarments. :)

If I'm home, the bra comes off. If I'm out...obviously I wear it. Kids or no kids, by 39 gravity has struck.

Britt, good for you. I'm too self conscious around anyone but my immediate loved ones to flash the flesh. But, good for you!

message 16: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I think the term "morbidly obese" is a crappy one.

message 17: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: "Socrates said that nakedness was morally superior because it was more honest.
"

With all due respect to Mr. Socrates, there’s no place for honesty and moral superiority when it comes to nudity. Strippers have neither, and that, among other things contributes to their charm.

message 18: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments I just wanted to change the subject from bras to strippers. Or from bras to anything.

message 19: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) We'll get you in a bra one day, Ken...then you'll complain too.

message 20: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Not a bra, but a MANSSIERE, as Frank Costanza would say.

message 21: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: "Awww, are we getting real girl cooties all over this thread?"

I welcome all the girl cooties you’ve got available. It’s just that when the subject is bras, my already long odds of saying something profound are even further lengthened.

message 22: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Ken wrote: "Not a bra, but a MANSSIERE, as Frank Costanza would say."

It's not a manssiere, it's a BRO.

message 23: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Phil wrote: "Ken wrote: "Not a bra, but a MANSSIERE, as Frank Costanza would say."

It's not a manssiere, it's a BRO."

MANSSIERE!

message 24: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: "strippers generally aren't naked for most of their performance,"

Which is why, though coming in in the middle of a film is aggravating, it’s just about right for a stripper’s act.

Personally, I’m inclined to strip down to nothing more than my socks. I regard this look, a naked man with nothing but socks, as the epitome of masculine beauty, and wonder why neither The Discus Thrower nor Perseus is wearing socks.

message 25: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Actually, it’s a precaution, since after a couple of drinks, if I see myself naked in the mirror I fall in love…unless there are socks.

message 26: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: "Inquiring minds want to know."

Perhaps this tendency is best understood through evolutionary psychology. Men’s proclivity to mess around means occasionally messing around with other men’s mates, meaning in order to survive and to evolve should the other man unexpectedly come home, if he’s out of his shoes at least he’s still in his socks.

message 27: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments BunWat wrote: "I'm detecting a theme, here... "

Stripping?

message 28: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I have been highly entertained by this thread...thank you all for the laughs!
I guess I'm the odd one out here, I don't like being naked. I guess my clothes are just comfy...well, minus the bra, I totally agree with that.
I dated a guy who always wore socks, even while we were gettin' it on...it was very strange.

message 29: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) To think that I imagined I was joining a Book Group, where we would sip virtual tea and discuss character development. Instead, I'm seeing all you characters develop. Much more fun.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments on my best day i didn't like walking around nekkid in front of people but i do shower/locker room deals just because hopefully it is no big deal to anyone in there. i am a au natural sleeper even in the coldest months. i do still skinny dip occasionally in a lake or river but have no desire to be anywhere with lots of nekkid people if i have to be too. i have no prob with private nekkid frolicking. i dislike the word nude. that sounds more dirty to me

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I love being naked! love. it.

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
And, I like bras. I think they make my boobies look nice.

message 33: by Mona (new)

Mona Garg (k1721m) | 350 comments Alecia wrote: "I have been highly entertained by this thread...thank you all for the laughs!
I guess I'm the odd one out here, I don't like being naked. I guess my clothes are just comfy...well, minus the bra, I ..."

Nope, Alecia, you're not the only oddball. I feel the same. Clothes(usually pj's) but no bra.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like being naked either.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm comfortable naked, but I'm not casual about it, if that makes any sense. I wouldn't go to a nude beach, but I could lounge around with the right person without clothes.
My bras are comfortable, I don't mind them.

message 36: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm thinking of you all naked right now.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha, and we all look fabulous too.

message 38: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You do. All in a row, on a football field, in the snow.

message 39: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments everyone remember, it's cold out ;)

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Some of you are lucky to have that as an excuse.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Do we have to be in the snow? I really don't fair well in the cold. I would prefer a game of volleyball on the beach in the sun.

message 42: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Nekkid volleyball is uncomfortable for men, and likely so for women as well. The dangly bits flop around too much and, when you dive for the ball...   OUCH!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

You think your bits would fair better in the snow?

message 44: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments It just seems wrong calling them bits, can't we just lie to ourselves and say hunks?

message 45: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Oct 01, 2010 08:00AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments I've been traumatized about it ever since I strolled out of the locker room after a walleyball game at an indoor racquet club - butt naked - on my way to the hot tub, not realizing it was a coed hot tub until it was much too late.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

At least you hadn't been in the snow.:)

message 47: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I object to being nekkid in the snow, in my experience it is not fun. Also if we are on a football field, it is inevitable that a game will break out, and snow burn hurts like a bitch. And ah, no sand either, sand is not a nekkid person's friend...it's just not.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Holy hell, you're all a bunch of wussies. What are the ideal conditions for nakedness, then?

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uhmmmm.. it seems alecia has much first hand knowledge on these activities

message 50: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Not too cold, there should be grass of some kind to help keep sand and dirt out of your crevices. Maybe a lake/pond near by for skinny dipping....and a bonfire to warm up by.

« previous 1