Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Question: What would you think of another line, 'Love Inspired True'?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Sep 30, 2010 02:34PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I noticed that another publisher is doing true romance stories (real people) but the stories are written as fiction. It made me think hummmm -- would you like to read something like that. Written like a Love Inspired story, but with real people (I'm not thinking superstars, but just people-next-door kind of people. And, maybe at the end, have a brief thing about the couple and their picture. What do you think?

PS -- I invited Emily Rodmell, one of the Love Inspired editors, to interact with us on the discussion. I'm going to set up a separate thread, too, so we can talk with her about all the things we'd like to see in the various Love Inspired lines (her idea, by the way). I'm not sure when she'll be able to come to the site so get your comments in while you can.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments It sounds like an interesting concept.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Karen Kingsbury kinda does that. She has contest to put people into her books. People nominate someone for her Forever in Fiction contests she runs for each books. She puts a blurb about them and why they were nominated and then weaves them into the story. Kinda cool. She will use their jobs, or characteristics or whatever people have said about them, but also put a fictional storyline that goes along with her book. I think it's neat.

message 4: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Janet,
I think that's so, so cool! I know you know people in high places, so you should definitely pitch this idea to them ; )

I would most definitely read this!

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im not sure. I cant keep up with all the books coming out now.
It would be interesting. Would there be enough authors who would want to write this type of style to keep up with the demand of x amount each month.
Would it be easier to write this sort of story?
Would it taken longer?
Just my mind thinking.

message 6: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) There are so many wonderful real life romances in the world. I would like to read about them. It might give me hope for true love happening in my life. : )

message 7: by Heidi (last edited Oct 01, 2010 08:13AM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I personally wouldn't be interested. No offense, but it reminds me a bit of Readers Digest, which is a nice magazine, but I can get that sort of story there, or in another women's magazine. I guess that is why I personally wouldn't be interested in it in fiction. I do agree with Jillian however in that for many it could be uplifting, so in that sense it would be nice. An uplifting story is always good for the soul :)

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

Heidi -- good to hear your opinion. I'm not sure it would take off -- just interested that another publisher is doing it. And, I kind of wonder if it would be more popular with people who like reality TV and things like that (and those are popular these days).

message 9: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I love the historical stories written of simpler times, you do this well. good characters and good stories, dont change too much. could they be true stories from historical view sort of like Euginia Price stories and characters.

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Some of the historical stories telling the story would work well. I am reading a book now which has a cool story and there is a novelist is in the book wanting to write her story. which is quite interesting after this discussion started.

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

That would be an interesting twist, Ausjenny.

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments It is actually the heroine was left on a doorstep on christmas eve and was then adopted by the store owner.