Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > Who would you fight with?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) If you could have duel with any of the villians from the series, who would it be?

I would want to duel Umbridge, give her a taste of her own medicine. Same with the Malfoys.

message 2: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments Bellatrix and Umbridge. Umbridge for slapping Harry in movie 5 and Bellatrix for what she did to Neville's parents and for killing Sirius.

I loved when Mrs. Weasley took her on after she attacked Ginny.

"Not my daughter, you bitch!" (paraphrased)

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Don't forget Bellatrix tortured Hermione too.

message 4: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Rachel i would love to kick the crap out of dolores umbridge. i don't think i have ever loathed a fictional character more. she such a shrew.

as for bellatrix, she scares me to death. i don't think i'd stand a chance......

message 5: by Diane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Oh, Malfoy (and/or Crabbe and Goyle too). Good thing Harry is not like me, I didn't even want Harry to save Malfoy from the fire....and then in the prologue he was still so "smug" with his family at the train, just nodding at Harry and the others....I didn't feel sorry for Malfoy one bit.

message 6: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Tara (tara_n) | 83 comments Hmm, where to start. . .well, definitely Dolores Umbridge. I got so mad at her when I was reading, that I actually had to put the book down, put a pillow over my face and swear up a storm! I think I would like to take on Bellatrix too! I think I could take her. I work in the judicial system, if I can survive the things/people we get here, I can totally take her!

I don't know if I would actually fight Draco Malfoy, but I would definitely turn him into a ferret again, like Mad Eye did in Goblet of Fire. That was funny! I'd probably turn Malfoy into all kinds of things, just for kicks and giggles!

message 7: by Katrina (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Katrina (katrinaraysaulis) I hate Dolores Umbridge! Has anyone seen "Freedom Writers"? Same actress plays yet another shrew in that movie!

message 8: by Alien (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Alien  Citizen | 14 comments Well, maybe it's partly because I'm an adult but I couldn't feel violent in any way toward any of the children in the story, even Draco. I felt sorry for him actually, even though he did some awful things they were mostly the kind of pranks of any kid bully and, while that doesn't make it okay, he clearly wasn't capable of murder for example. And obviously, he learned these things from his father ...and mother too. I think Harry (who was also awful to his friends at certain points in the story) could have gone down a similar path had he had alternative influences in his life. I would most like to "fight" to change the wizarding community itself, which is full of prejudice and based on slavery. If Hermione would join me in revolutionizing that society, that would be a worthy fight indeed and one I might even enjoy.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No doubt in my mind it would be Dolores Umbridge.

message 10: by Cindy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Cindy (supercin721) | 26 comments You know, I really disliked Dolores but I think, because of my little crush on a fictional character Sirius (how ridiculous), it'd have to be Belatrix. I'm not a vengeful person but how sweet that would be.

message 11: by whichwaydidshego (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 12 comments Oh no, Cindy, not so silly... I'm with you - I've the same crush! I'm still sad and vexed that he died!

To answer the question, I don't know as I'd duel her, but I'd sure love to give a serious whooping to Umbridge... Or at least do some "clopping" at random moments around her.

I loath Bellatrix for Dobby's sake as well. And Neville's... and of course (the dreamy) Sirius'. Bitch!

message 12: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Really? I've always thought Malfoy had a good side. I even pitty him at times! Look who he had to grow up with! I agree with you! Malfoy i'm sorry!

message 13: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Difficult, very difficult. Would panic in front of Voldemort, Harry's in charge of that one. Bellatrix! Hate her! Wait-ago Molly!!!
Umbridge! After what she did to all the kids and Moody's eye (see seven)!
I crush harry and anyone who hurts him has got to pay!!

message 14: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Kenzie I think I would have a go at Rufus Scrimegeour. He is an idiot and I think he should pay for putting Stan Shunpike into Azkaban.

message 15: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:51PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I'd want to fight that stupid brother and sister death eater two!

message 16: by ★Lalita ❤︎ (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:52PM) (new)

★Lalita ❤︎ (lalita) OOhhh let me at Umbridge and Bellatrix!

message 17: by Kidz (new)

Kidz | 33 comments DEFINITLEY panic if front of voldy, bellitrix too, but I WANT TO TEACH DOLORES UMBRIGE A LESSON!!!!!!

message 18: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments UMBRIDGE.