Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > The Kirov Saga

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Sep 29, 2010 05:07PM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
These were recommended on another group, for Historical/Romance in the reign of Communist Russia.. Fellow Bronze Horseman fans.. Maybe we should check these out.. Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles Fleur (The Kirov Saga, #2) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles Emily (The Kirov Saga, #3) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles

message 2: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Just recieved my copy of Anna (The Kirov Saga, #1) by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles .. Who else wants to take this series on with me?? It looks fantastic.

message 3: by Alycia (new)

Alycia How is it so far Shell?

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I am lovin it.. It's a big read.. 664 pages.. small print.. But the emotions you feel while reading it are all over the place.. I am about 1/2 way through.. and have zero inkling as to what may or may not happen..Its got my nails looking quite horrid.. Lol.

message 5: by Alycia (new)

Alycia LOL, sounds like a good one, but long one! Can't wait to hear what you think of it when you are done with it.

message 6: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I'll definatly keep ya posted.

message 7: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Thanks

message 8: by Rea (new)

Rea I came across Anna on Goodreads and immediately decided I wanted it... Unfortunately it's out of print here so I had to order it from a used book site, but they don't deliver outside of the UK. Sigh. So I had to get it delivered to family in the UK where it was then picked up by another family member and taken to France from where a 3rd family member will bring it to me in the Netherlands when they visit at Xmas... With all this travelling and waiting, it had better be good! Lol. Can't wait to get my teeth into it at any rate.

message 9: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments I have the first book in the series out from the library at the moment. I already know I like this author's books because I am work my way through her Morland Dynasty books, but I do love a book set in Russia!

message 10: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments I am reading this at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. It is a bit detailed, so I am not zipping through it, but it is really good other than that.

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I found that too Marg.. It was a good read overall.. and I will definatly read the next two in the series.. but a tad lengthy for sure.

message 12: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments I finally finished Anna not too long ago (long story about my library as to why I didn't finish it sooner) and in the end I did thoroughly enjoy it, but I have to say that book was so heavy! My wrist was hurting from holding it while I was reading it whilst commuting.

message 13: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I enjoyed it~ I found the characters less than loveable though~ Almost as though I didn't really care what happened to them one way or another~ I don't know maybe it was just my mood.

message 14: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments Are you still planning to read the next book in the trilogy?

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Definatly~ I have the other two~ And I didn't NOT like Anaa~ Just waasn't in love with it.