You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Discussions > Our November read ~ Little Boy Lost

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (last edited Sep 29, 2010 03:30PM) (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments

Little Boy Lost by Marghanita Laski

Hilary Wainwright, poet and intellectual, returns after the
war to a blasted and impoverished France in order to trace a child lost
five years before. ... It's extraordinarily gripping: it has the
page-turning compulsion of a thriller while at the same time being written
with perfect clarity and precision.

message 2: by Chrissie (last edited Sep 29, 2010 09:56PM) (new)

Chrissie I have never done a group read.... but I have this book and want to read it. So do I just have to have red it by November 1st?

message 3: by Cecily (new)

Cecily | 576 comments Hi Chrissie. The idea is that we start discussing it on November 1st - so you have a month to find it. (You can start reading whenever you like.)

As I said when I nominated it, you may not find it in a high street bookshop, but it is well worth tracking down. On Good Reads it averages 4.0, which is pretty high.

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have. :-)

message 4: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Cecily, I have already bought it - at Book Depository. They are THE BEST; the result being I spend way too much..... and since there is no shipping fees and you don't save by ordering several books all at once, there is nothing to stop you from ordering repeatedly. It is a very, very dangerous place for a weak book lover like me.

I have heard such good things about this. It will be my first Persephnone book!

message 5: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments They have some copies available on Amazon at the moment ~ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Boy-Lo...

message 6: by Jenny, honorary mod - inactive (new)

Jenny (notestothemoon) | 846 comments Thankfully my library is great and they have a copy. Just hoping it turns up on time.

message 7: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie How long will you be discussing the book? I may not be able to join in until the liddle of November, but I have already read the book and written my review.

message 8: by Cecily (last edited Oct 18, 2010 06:11AM) (new)

Cecily | 576 comments Hi Chrissie. The discussion will go on as long as anyone wants to participate (but usually, most of it happens a little before the middle of the month.)

Having read your review, it should be an interesting discussion... :-)

message 9: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I am curious to know what others think.

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo (Jo_Wales) | 62 comments Have just bought this book online - from Oxfam in Norwich, Jenny and if I enjoy the read as much as the lovely edition, I'll be well-pleased!

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Boy Lost (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Marghanita Laski (other topics)