Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

46 views
Quarterly Books > Mini Shopaholic

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Feel free to comment as you'd like!


message 2: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I LOVE IT! Ok that was premature but how can Kinsella go wrong? Can't wait to dive back into this one!


message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I can't wait to dive into it, period! LOL :)


message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I like it so far! I've only read about 50 pages though.


message 5: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Suzanne wrote: "I like it so far! I've only read about 50 pages though."

I'm so jealous of you! Tara is next on the list at the library and she bought it for her Nook so she's going to get it when it comes in and let me have it. Can't wait!!!


message 6: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) You know, this marks a first for a Kinsella book for me: I started it and then put it down! :( Ever pick up a book you know you'll like, but whenever you pick it up just isn't the right time for you to fully enjoy it? I think that's my issue now with this one.

My oldest is still having trouble adjusting to a new baby in the house (although, at almost 7 months the baby isn't exactly "new" anymore, but we're still having problems). I read the first few pages where her little girl keeps having a meltdown over wanting something, and I know all too well that feeling -- mainly because that was MY kid having a giant on-the-floor, feet kicking, screaming bloody murder meltdown yesterday in Target when I wouldn't buy a toy. So I can't deal with that in a book right now! I'm sure that not the entire book is about that, but it's a bit much at the moment. So I put myself back on the library waiting list for it and I'll try again in a couple of months!

I'm bummed, because I've really been looking forward to some more Becky Bloomwood adventures, but I know if I read it right now I'm just going to get frustrated with it!


message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Jen B wrote: "You know, this marks a first for a Kinsella book for me: I started it and then put it down! :( Ever pick up a book you know you'll like, but whenever you pick it up just isn't the right time for yo..."

Jen, I have SO been there. I had to carry my daughter wriggling, crying and screaming out of a store before because I wouldn't buy her a pair of tights after she'd been a brat. I was so embarrassed, I felt like the people looking at me thought I was trying to kidnap someone else's child. She still gives attitude from time to time (ok, most of the time), but I haven't had an episode like that since. I think it was about a year and a half ago maybe. (Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again!)

Good luck Jen!!!


message 8: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments Jen B wrote: "You know, this marks a first for a Kinsella book for me: I started it and then put it down! :( Ever pick up a book you know you'll like, but whenever you pick it up just isn't the right time for yo..."

I am in the midst of the "terrible two's" and people keep telling me that three is worse. Ugh.


message 9: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I am with everyone on here! I was something like 4th on the list on one library site - which translates into 8 weeks!!! But I am next on the waitlist on my local library site - so anyday now!!! I keep hoping...


message 10: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Jen B. wrote: "I am in the midst of the "terrible two's" and people keep telling me that three is worse. Ugh."

It is. ;)


message 11: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Cathy wrote: "I am with everyone on here! I was something like 4th on the list on one library site - which translates into 8 weeks!!! But I am next on the waitlist on my local library site - so anyday now!!! I k..."

New releases at your library are two weeks also?


message 12: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Stacy wrote: "Cathy wrote: "I am with everyone on here! I was something like 4th on the list on one library site - which translates into 8 weeks!!! But I am next on the waitlist on my local library site - so any..."

This is through the library's online media selections - ebooks and audio books - so I know online the length of lending is the same as others but not sure at library - I"ve never requested a brand new one in person:)


message 13: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Tara saw that we now have an audiobook copy and I got on the site to request a hold and someone beat me to it because I'm #2 for that one. FRUSTRATING! I hate waiting!!! (Ok, pout session is over.)


message 14: by Tara (new)

Tara Stacy wrote: "Tara saw that we now have an audiobook copy and I got on the site to request a hold and someone beat me to it because I'm #2 for that one. FRUSTRATING! I hate waiting!!! (Ok, pout session is over.)"

LOL! I went to the library last night and what did I see? Mini-Shopaholic on CD.....AVAILABLE! What? How is Stacy #2 in line for it if it's sitting on the shelf. Well, Stacy now has it! LOL!


message 15: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I just got my copy of MiniShopaholic on audio!! yay!


message 16: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Yes, thank you Tara! You rock! :)


message 17: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I can't wait to dive back into this tonight!!! I only got about 23 pages into it then set it aside out of fear I would gobble it all in a day.


message 18: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I'm still on the list for the book too, I'm being greedy! :)


message 19: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments That's ok - I don't know why I typed "dive back into this tonight" because I brought the book with me to work! I just finished book 10 of The A-List series here at work, and I brought Mini-Shopaholic to read at lunch. I have opened the book, placed my water bottle on top to hold the pages down, and put in on my document holder so I can pretend to work while reading! Thank goodness it's a slow day because I'm back in Becky's world again!


message 20: by Tara (new)

Tara Kourtney wrote: "That's ok - I don't know why I typed "dive back into this tonight" because I brought the book with me to work! I just finished book 10 of The A-List series here at work, and I brought Mini-Shopahol..."

I love this book so far. I will be done with it probably tonight.


message 21: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joelizrado) | 95 comments I am on my way home today and hope this at my house I preordered it 3 months ago but have been on travel for 2 weeks.


message 22: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Joanne wrote: "I am on my way home today and hope this at my house I preordered it 3 months ago but have been on travel for 2 weeks."

Hope you got it Joanne! I started listening to it last night - got through the first disk and so far, it has met my expectations! Loving it!!


message 23: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I love How Becky keeps asking everyone if they think Minnie's spoiled? As she's dressing her up in Designer sunglasses and letting her carry her Balenciaga purse...so Shopaholic - never gets old:)


message 24: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I'm on page 278 and I like it, but don't love it.


message 25: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I love that I'm totally able to relate! While my daughter wasn't/isn't as bad as Minnie, there are definately some similarities!


message 26: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Stacy wrote: "I love that I'm totally able to relate! While my daughter wasn't/isn't as bad as Minnie, there are definately some similarities!"

Right...don't all kids go thru those "Mine!" and "No!" phases? I don't even have kids but that's how my pet kitten is - if I try to pay attention or feed the stray cats outside, she's all of a sudden like, "Mine" That's MY food - not theirs - even if she's not hungry! Oh Becky...like mother like daughter. She has so much to learn, isn't that why we love her?


message 27: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I just love how she justifies purchases. I was listening today about how she was saying she'd wear a 110 pound cardigan 100 times to make it pay for itself at one pound ten per wear. LMAO!


message 28: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Oh the wacky hijinks! I'm with Suzanne though - I like this book but I'm not loving it. It just doesn't have the same sparkle the first three books held for me. I'm halfway through and my eye is starting to wander to other books I've pulled for the challenge.


message 29: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments So far my favorite (besides the cardigan) is trying to justify buying Minnie the pony & deciding to give her pin money, which Becky has spent until Minnie is 5!


message 30: by Tara (new)

Tara Kristine wrote: "So far my favorite (besides the cardigan) is trying to justify buying Minnie the pony & deciding to give her pin money, which Becky has spent until Minnie is 5!"

I like that to Kristine. I think what Minnie needs is some discipline. :)

I do agree with Kourtney, it wasn't my favorite. I was loving it in the beginning but......I won't say anymore. LOL!


message 31: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Kristine wrote: "So far my favorite (besides the cardigan) is trying to justify buying Minnie the pony & deciding to give her pin money, which Becky has spent until Minnie is 5!"

Yeah, that had me cracking up!


message 32: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments The pocket money is hilarious!! Agreeed! I can't believe Luke said Minnie could keep it when they are thinking of ways to budget - I guess he dind't know who was really spending it at that point?


message 33: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Cathy wrote: "The pocket money is hilarious!! Agreeed! I can't believe Luke said Minnie could keep it when they are thinking of ways to budget - I guess he dind't know who was really spending it at that point?"

I don't think he realized just how much of Minnie's pocket money was spent!! It made me laugh when she said she's teaching Minnie all about financial responsibility. Look Minnie - you're already in debt!


message 34: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Typical Becky reasoning! :)


message 35: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments I agree, I'm more than half way through, and am tempted to put it down. Just not as good as the others.


message 36: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments I finished it last night. I felt the same about it as I did before--I liked it, but didn't love it. It was just ok. Kristine--don't put it down. The end is worth it. At least I thought so. :)


message 37: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
For the few that have finished it already, without giving anything away, do you think there's a possibility for a seventh book?


message 38: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments I am still listening and yesterday I just got to the part with the carrots! Ha - i was laughing hysterically in my car!!


message 39: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments Cathy wrote: "I am still listening and yesterday I just got to the part with the carrots! Ha - i was laughing hysterically in my car!!"

The carrot part was hysterical! My daughter has pulled a similar stunt - shoving the veggies in her chair! My mother in law was amazed that she would eat all her veggies!


message 40: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 767 comments Stacy wrote: "For the few that have finished it already, without giving anything away, do you think there's a possibility for a seventh book?"

Yes, I think so. And I think it has the potential to be good.


message 41: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I haven't gotten to the carrot part yet! I've just found out about the Bank of London.


message 42: by Kourtney (last edited Oct 08, 2010 12:58PM) (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments Last night I was reading this and I almost fell out of bed I was laughing so hard. There is a part of the story where Becky finds out who Luke's new secret client is and she runs to Google. At the end of the chapter, you get to see a list of what she Googles as though you are in her mind. It is HILARIOUS to see how she starts Googling one thing, then her mind starts to wander and you see a chain of the way her mind thinks. I thought it was too funny.


message 43: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) | 1215 comments I spent two hours in a bubble bath this morning (truth be told there were no more bubbles by the time I was done) and I finished this book! The last 100 pages make the book totally worthwhile. It felt like the original Shopaholic all over again and I could not, even with pruney fingers and toes, put the book down. Stick with it everyone!


message 44: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments I agree with Kourtney, the end was definately worth sticking with the book!


message 45: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Kourtney wrote: "Last night I was reading this and I almost fell out of bed I was laughing so hard. There is a part of the story where Becky finds out who Luke's new secret client is and she runs to Google. At the ..."

I'm listening to the audiobook, I hope it has the same effect. Though the part where she's inventorying (is that a word??) her clothes was cracking me up. Her list was hilarious, "Still in bag."


message 46: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Stacy wrote: "I'm listening to the audiobook, I hope it has the same effect. Though the part where she's inventorying (is that a word??) her clothes was cracking me up. Her list was hilarious, "Still in bag."

I'm listening too!! I actually enjoy listening to the SK books more than reading them - I think prob because of the humor - it's just more fun (or maybe easier to visualize) when hearing the voices scripted out


message 47: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
Cathy wrote: "Stacy wrote: "I'm listening to the audiobook, I hope it has the same effect. Though the part where she's inventorying (is that a word??) her clothes was cracking me up. Her list was hilarious, "Sti..."

You could be right on that. It amazes me how many different voices this woman can do! :)


message 48: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joelizrado) | 95 comments Ok, so I finally got around to starting this book, it is so funny so far, usually characters like Becky annoy me but I find her so entertaining! I am only 50 pages or so in but am looking forward to seeing where this goes.


message 49: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5567 comments Mod
I've only got 100 pages left and I've gotta say, I'm loving it just as much as all the others!


message 50: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joelizrado) | 95 comments It is making me want to go back and read all the others since all the characters like Suze and Jess are in it again.


« previous 1
back to top