SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Beastly
All Book Discussions > Beastly (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Please keep this topic clean of spoilers. Here we can discuss when we are reading it, if we are enjoying it and so on :)

Lauren Smith I finished this so quickly, but the Goodreads profile of the book says it's 304 pages long (I read the e-book). Does the book use a huge font with double spacing or something?

message 3: by Lu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Will tell you when i get it :)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) It's pretty normal, but i think it's the short chapters that 'flesh' it out alot.

message 5: by Emma (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Lauren wrote: "I finished this so quickly, but the Goodreads profile of the book says it's 304 pages long (I read the e-book). Does the book use a huge font with double spacing or something?"

Lauren I read alot of ebooks so I also find that ebooks tend to have more pages, thats why when I enter the page number that I am upto in my currently reading page it doesnt always come out right.

I will try and start this book tonight.

Lauren Smith That's weird - I normally find that the e-books have far fewer pages, because they're on A4 rather than A5 sheets. Beastly was 153 pages in my e-book, and even then it had a lot of spacing. If I'd converted it to a normal MS Word document it would have been about 60 pages or less!

I don't bother updating page numbers when I'm reading e-books though, specifically cause of difference in page numbers.

message 7: by Emma (last edited Oct 01, 2010 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Lauren sometimes I have ebooks in lit format and sometimes in pdf, if its in lit the pages always differ. I actually prefer reading in lit format as I like using Ms Reader, its an easy program, looks nice and easy to bookmark.

I noticed with Beastly the ebook is 153 pages long in pdf.

message 8: by Naz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Emma where do you get your lit format ebooks? I also prefer MSR but seem hard to come by - or I'm not looking in the right places.

Normally I find that the PDF's have less pages as well. I expected Beastly to be a lot longer than it actually is... I'm about half way done...