Midnight Breed Fans discussion

The Characters > Brock & Jenna

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
OMG! Just read the book and I can't believe many things. I loved the romance between this couple. Made me keep reading until I finished it.

But didn't any of you got mad because Jenna did not get more powerful? I just kept waiting for something with her to happen, but nothing did. She knew she was getting a bit stronger and instead of training and become better she just stayed happy because now she had Brock to protect her. I don't know, I just expected more of her.

Still they were a terrific couple.

Also I didn't like that they did not form a link as the other couples did because Jenna was not a breedmate. I kept waiting for that to be resolves as well but again, nothing...

I can't wait for you guys to read it so we can talk about it!

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie (rosendal) | 40 comments WHAT?!?! Jenna is not a breedmate????

message 3: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Sorry about that. You did notice it says spoilers right? I didn't want to spoil it for you. She's not breedmate, she's just human. But she's Brock's mate.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (rosendal) | 40 comments I saw, but I was just too tempted to look ;)
How does that work then? Can't get the book before november 1st and I'm dying here!!!

message 5: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Oh, but you should not spoil it. You'll love it, you'll see. I'm sorry you have to wait that much.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (rosendal) | 40 comments It sucks !! Tell me she at least won't grow old and die, my heart can't take that..

message 7: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Of course not,lol. They will get a great HEA, a forever kinda way HEA,lol. She's just not a breedmate, she's not a human either, she's "Something else".

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie (rosendal) | 40 comments Argh, I need that book ASAP !

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (mrsworldwidewebb) Lady Vale, I wanted her to become "more"...She changed but not like I thought she might..I loved Brock and Jenna but like you said i kept thinking like a physical change would happen or something more...LOL I don't know...that is one part that kinda got on my nerves..But I DOOO love the ending...I am so glad they found what they found..(trying not to spoil it) but it was a really really good ending!! I can't wait until the next book now!!

message 10: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) I'm right there with you ladies, I really was waiting for Jenna to kick some ass. As I neared the end, I had to put Jenna in perspective. She is after all human, and what happened to her did make her stronger physically, and gave her senses a boost, which adds to her abilities just from being a cop. I have no doubt that her life span will be affected, and that may be all Adrian intended. Then again who knows......there are more books to come!

message 11: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
I know, that's why I still was able to give the book 5 stars, because even though she didn't got to be all I wanted, she still might. I'm dying to get to Hunter's book. DYING! lol.

message 12: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Oh yea... Me too, and the pairing I see coming will be perfect!

message 13: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
What do you mean with that? Do you know who his mate will be?

message 14: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Hmmm, maybe I should post on the spoiler thread.

message 15: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
This is the spoiler thread! Spit it! LOL.

message 16: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
OK WAIT NO! Say it in the thread about Hunter's book.

message 17: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Rhonda wrote: "Oh yea... Me too, and the pairing I see coming will be perfect!"

I was laughing at myself just before you posted this, when I realized it is a spoiler thread! LOL @ ME

message 18: by Misty (new)

Misty | 2 comments Ok... where were the fangs?? I kept waiting.. and waiting.. I really thought that Jenna would become something *more*. I think she still might just in later books. Still loved it though!

message 19: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Lol , I waited too. I really had to put her in perspective when I was finished. Didn't so much expect fangs....just something more.

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 2 comments I thought the book was great! I too wish there was something more. I was waiting for her to wake up and have fangs or that while her an Brock were having an intimate moment that he would find her Breedmate mark that was not visible when Alex did her check of her. I was glad that Brock stayed with her instead of going with his first love. I did give Jenna credit for being understanding that Brock might want to leave her. I also thought that she was going to be speaking more of the Acient language. So really her only powers are ... she's stronger, heal a little bit quicker, spots Minions, and can understand other languages? Is she even immortal? Maybe the next book will have a little more about what her new powers are and what she adds to the Order.

message 21: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) I think imortality will come into play, Adrian has to at least give her that! Besides what would have been the point of what the Ancient did to her, he made her choose life or death and she was already alive, so she chose life, and he gave it to her.

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments i really liked it too. i think a lot more will come out in the next book. i love hunter!! he's so robotic, those parts made me giggle. although i would like to walk in on him standing there naked!

can't wait for tess and dante's baby, that's gonna be awesome!

message 23: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Yes ma'am, on all counts Robin! Can you Imagine the potential tears for the next book?? omg!

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments i know. i thought about hunter pairing up with one of the girls that were set free, if it's not corinne. the tegan/elise pairing was ok, i felt bad for harvard at first though. so maybe there won't be an issue with brock. neither one of them seemed that interested in one another after they reunited anyway.

message 25: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) No, I agree, it ended the way i wanted it to, since Jenna didn't get any fangs, she at least got her man! lol

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments her hot ass man! yum. their scenes were definitely hot.

i think because she holds some puzzle piece to what's going on, we should definitely get more of her in the next book. we'll see what's happening to her physically and how it helps them get closer to dragos.

you know i also wondered if danika, conlans mate from the first books, will ever come back with her son. i don't know if they get more than one mate, but you never know.

message 27: by Rhonda (last edited Oct 06, 2010 11:29AM) (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Elise was mated again. Oooh what if Danika ends up with Kellan's Grandfather, it was his grandfather that survived.....see, it could go on and on.

Robin, help me out with that name, I loaned my book out.

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments lazaro archer. had to look it up on my kindle real quick, i couldn't remember that either. but at the end of the book it sounded like he was in full warrior mode now, ready to kick ass with lucan.

message 29: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) That's right....there's another book right there. Hmm ya don't suppose Danika and Chase?

message 30: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) That's right....there's another book right there. Hmm ya don't suppose Danika and Chase?

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments he's gonna need someone really sweet and amazing to pull him out of his asshole shell!!!

message 32: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Lmao, you are right about that! He is a bitter SOB, but I bet he's got smexy down to a fine art!

Speaking of smexy....how bout Jenna's little shower with Brock? Looks like Tegan isn't the only one with shower skills!!!!

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments definitely smexy, i think it was him that got it on with a couple of chicks in a club, i forget which book that is. that was way hot though.

yes ma'am, ms adrian loves a good shower/bath tub sex scene. lucan, dante, rio, everyone!! lol, love that.

message 34: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) That was Chase on the dance floor with the 2 chicks! lol
In book 2, and Tegan saw him.

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments yes, that's it!! hmmm, i think tegan likes to watch. remember him watching elise swim? that was sexy too.

message 36: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Tegan's book was the best! Loved him! I will open a tread about lazaro archer..

message 37: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Robin *loves sexy books* wrote: "yes, that's it!! hmmm, i think tegan likes to watch. remember him watching elise swim? that was sexy too."

I think Tegan's book had the most erotic scenes, had me feeling all warm and tingly!!! LMAO!!!

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments loved that, but i really liked dylan and rio too. their shower scene...smoking hot!!

message 39: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Robin *loves sexy books* wrote: "loved that, but i really liked dylan and rio too. their shower scene...smoking hot!!"

GRRRRLLL, This series is chocked full of hotnsmexygoodness!!!!

message 40: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 301 comments Mod
Lol, those 3 were my favs as well, specially TEGAN!

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments mmm, ya'll are making me want to go back and read these again!!

message 42: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (helpmerhonda72) Robin *loves sexy books* wrote: "mmm, ya'll are making me want to go back and read these again!!"

@Robin, going waaay off topic, I'm really enjoying Covet! Just sayin!

Robin *loves sexy books* | 27 comments haven't started those yet. i really need to! i just don't want to be comparing it to bdb the whole time. it seems like thats why certain people don't like it.

message 44: by Jesse (new)

Jesse (Jessep) | 4 comments Loved Brock and Jenna. I am with everyone in wishing that we got to see her develop some more kick-ass powers, but I have a feeling that may come into play more in the next books???maybe. I thought the ending was incredibly sweet, had me in tears. I can't wait for Hunters book, but this was definitely great!

message 45: by Nikki ~Kharma~ (new)

Nikki ~Kharma~ (nikki_kharma) Hi, new here...just wanted to comment that I agree...I thought that Jenna would change "more"...kinda even thougth she might become breed, what with the markings and all...I dont know...but hopefully we will find oat more in Hunters book

message 46: by Mrs.rhage (new)

Mrs.rhage (mrsrhage) | 3 comments BROCK IS SOOOOO MY FAVORITE I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO CHANGE MY USERNAME!!! HE WAS SOOOOO GENTLE AND KIND UMMMMMM SUCH A GREAT BOOK!!!

message 47: by Mrs.rhage (new)

Mrs.rhage (mrsrhage) | 3 comments The only thing I didn't like was I feel she rushed the ending of this one...it could have been more to it than that. But that was the only down fall

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) My fav couple in the book

message 49: by Lee (new)

Lee (laoindy) I adore Brock! I am counting down the days til Hunter's book, mostly so I can read more about Jenna and implant/powers stuff. And Jenna and Brock's shower scene...totally smexy X 10!

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Just finished Taken by Midnight. Jenna and Brock are a sweet couple and I'm glad they got their HEA but I was a little disappointed in their romance - it was a little lacking in the chemistry department (please don't kill me anyone).
I really enjoyed the continuing story of the battle against Dragos and the search for the missing Breedmates.
I loved the scenes with Hunter, and will be reading his book as soon as humanly possible.
Loved Mira and the Harry Potter scene.

« previous 1