Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Twilight & True Blood mentioned on Perezhilton.com

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:14AM) (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments Vampires Are In
Filed under: TV News > Film Flickers > Media Minute
Vampires will be showing their teeth the next few months!
On the first Saturday in August, teens are expected to attend midnight parties at bookstores across the land in droves to celebrate the release of author Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book of her Twilight series.
Breaking Dawn has a first run printing of 3.5 million copies.
Talk about popular!
And then, not too long after that, the first Twilight movie should be hitting movie screens worldwide.
Also, in September, HBO's premiering the vampire show True Blood on September 7th.
True Blood is based on a series of novels by Charlaine Harris. It's set in a world where vampires have come out into the open, thanks to the development of synthetic blood that allows them to survive without feeding on humans.
Anna Paquin will star as a mind-reading waitress who's drawn to a vampire who arrives in her small Louisiana town.

The undead live on!

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Can I just say that I'm litte disappointed in the casting for the Twilight movie? Anyone who has seen the Harry Potter films will recognize the guy who will play Edward in Twilight as the actor who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. I'm hoping I'll be able to get past that because I love the Twilight series and am looking forward to the movie.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 201 comments I'm with you Melissa. Other than Bella, the whole movie looks to be completely miscast. I love this book so much, that I honestly expect to be disappointed with the movie...

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments I'm a total HP fan, but Cedric's character in the movies didn't get much screen time. I think you'll be able to look past HP movies and enjoy him. He might be phenomenal!

message 5: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jennifer, I totally agree. It comes out three days before my 29th bday and I dont' think I'll see it until I hear some press on it. I love Kristen Stewart as Bella but Robert Pattinson as Edward has me grimacing a bit.

I think they picked a good Carlisle and Esme. Don't get me started on who they got for Rosalie and Emmett.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (fireweaver) well, there's only the one brief teaser trailer up just yet at imdb, and i like what they've got going so far, but it's just not enough for me to get a real solid love it/hate it opinion going. Nicole, i'm with you in that i don't think Cedric had enough screen time in the HP movies to be typecast as that character for any length of time. now, obvs, if they'd cast Daniel Radcliffe in here...lol.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

watch this video and tell me he wasn't a wonderful pick. I didn't like him at first but the more I see the more I want to be Bella lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Hm, link doesn't seem to be working, Samantha.

I personally think the cast may not be as we imagine, but the studio would probably have to hire models to effect the beauty that the vampires are supposed to have. That doesn't bother me as much as the hair and makeup does. Poor Jasper, he probably looks the most ridiculous with that hair. I don't think a guy from his time would have such a cheesy style. And I know her cut's actually mentioned in the book, but the short haircut really doesn't suit the girl playing Alice (even though she's quite pretty). Hopefully, it looks better in film than in stills.

message 9: by Gbina (new)

Gbina | 16 comments Actually, I picked Robert Pattinson as Edward before he was cast. I think he makes the perfect Edward. One, he has the hair for it, reddish gold and yet attractive. Also, he has the looks. He can be so good looking that he becomes mildly creepy. You know what I mean? So that is perfect for a vampire. Unnaturally beautiful and creepy.

As for acting ability? We will see. I think good acting comes down to good direction. If the directors take their time and work with the cast, then it will be good. If they rush it and just make a quick vampire movie, well...it will suck.

Robert Pattinson was axed in the HP movies before he really became Cedric Diggory so I don't think that is an issue. After this movie, I think he will forever be known as Edward (especially if it is good).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Breaking Dawn (other topics)