LDS Ladies Book Club discussion

Closed Threads > books for teenage daughters

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pianomom (new)

Pianomom I am wishing to get some good fiction for my teenage girls for Christmas gifts...ones they will really love, but that are also appropriate. They have read Twilight series and have more recently read and liked The Goose Girl and Hunger Games series.
Any suggestions?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mejojac) | 11 comments Hmm...
"She Walks in Beauty" by Siri Mitchell was a fantastic book.
"Airman" by Eoin Colfer (the Artemis Fowl guy) was also excellent.
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia Wrede were good... although I can't vouch for the last book since I haven't read it yet.
"The Hourglass Door" by Lisa Mangum.
Have they ready anything by Jessica Day George? She's a fantastic author. I've enjoyed everything I've read by her. The same with Shannon Hale.
The Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull is one that I really enjoyed.
"The Wednesday Wars" by Gary Schmidt was also a really great book
"The Giver" by Lois Lowry is always good.
Have they read anything by Cameron Dokey? She does a lot of retelling of fairy tales and the ones I've read have been very clean. I really liked "Golden: A Retelling of Rapunzel".
I could go on and on... but I really would check out Jessica Day George if they aren't already familiar with her books.... "Princess of the Midnight Ball", "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow", The Dragon Slippers series... all very good books. I hope this helps!!

message 3: by Shauna (new)

Shauna | 12 comments My 14 year old daughter loves the Gregor the Overlander series. It is by Suzanne Collins, the same author that wrote Hunger Games.
Fablehaven is also a favorite.
Ariana is an Lds series that is AWESOME. My daughter has read it so many times the pages are all dogeared. It is by Rachael Ann Nunes. Another awesome LDS series is Jason Wolfe by Anita Stansfield. Those are my daughters absolute favorites!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Russell | 2 comments I just read a fun young adult to add to the list it's called Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot it's a mix of the world of Jane Austen with magic like Harry Potter and I think a teenage girl might really enjoy this book.