One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > November Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) If you have any books that are on your TBR list/pile/shelf that you would like to read, post them here as a nominee for the November VR!

message 2: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) I will nominate A Walk to Remember, The Scarlet Letter, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Shay has nominated Gregor the Overlander. Thanks for the nomination, Shay! :)

message 3: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments Read the 1st three already...minus The Scarlet Letter they were all really good!

message 4: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments How about Wicked Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1) by Gregory Maguire (I tried to read this before and had a tough time so maybe I need "help" getting through it)

Or The A-List The A-List (A-List, #1) by Zoey Dean (tried this one too...)

Some other suggestions... The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini , 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson , The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

These are all books I have on my shelf...the latter 3 are recent buys that I've gotten.

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) The only one I can tell about is The A-List. It's good. You should give it another try :). But yeah, are you nominating all of these? I will put them on the list, but depending on how many other book nominations we get, all of them may not be on there. Thanks for suggestions, Sherri :).

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Sherri wrote: "Read the 1st three already...minus The Scarlet Letter they were all really good!"

That's awesome! I have been trying to get around to them for a while. When they end up being the most voted for book on here, I seem to read them much faster :). LOL

message 7: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments Zakiya wrote: "The only one I can tell about is The A-List. It's good. You should give it another try :). But yeah, are you nominating all of these? I will put them on the list, but depending on how many other bo..."

I guess like you said it depends how many other suggestions we get but I guess if I really had to choose I'd go with The Memory Keepers Daughter and / or 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

message 8: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I will put in for Plum Island by Nelson DeMille & Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2) by Nora Roberts

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments I shall nominate The Boyfriend List 15 Guys, 11 Shrink Appointments, 4 Ceramic Frogs and Me, Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #1) by E. Lockhart and Watermelon by Marian Keyes

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments i nominate The Rising Star of Rusty Nail by Lesley M.M. Blume , Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev and The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen

message 11: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 170 comments Oh, I loved The Truth About Forever!!!

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) 13 nominations. Only 3 more may be added!!! (Looks like the poll will be starting before the 11th; didn't think y'all would nominate this many this fast :). )

Thanks to Heather, Angela, and Meghan for the nominations! :D

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela B | 400 comments you're welcome!

message 14: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) :P

message 16: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) We already have 13LBE, but I will add DLS to the list. Thanks for the suggestion/s, Stray! :D

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 501 comments I would like to suggest Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick but some people may not have read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 18: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Amy: I don't think it really matters we had Mockingjay last month and not everyone had read The Hunger Games or Catching Fire

message 19: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Sep 30, 2010 06:23AM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 501 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "Amy: I don't think it really matters we had Mockingjay last month and not everyone had read The Hunger Games or Catching Fire"

Oh, okay. Then, I like to suggest Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 20: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Instead of Plum Island by Nelson DeMille I would like to put in for City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

message 21: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay, I've officially made the poll. It will start letting you vote on the 11th. It ends on the 24th, so make sure you get your votes in!!

message 22: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) If anyone wants to nominate one last book (and they haven't alread nominated a novel), they may do so. But we only have one more spot on the poll! :D

message 23: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 31 comments How about The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen ?

message 24: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Awesome! Thanks, Shannon. I will start the poll now that we have all of the nominees :).