Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > OCTOBER ~ Bloodfever

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Sep 27, 2010 03:08PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning
This is the place to gather to talk about the October group read Bloodfever. Having read Darkfever last month this is the first of our continuation reads.

How are you finding it? What do you like (or not)so far? Is the heroine kick ass? Got a great Alpha male? (sample Q's to get you thinking! I've not read this so they may not all be relevant!)

If you've already read the book feel free to jump in too!!

Please be respectful of spoilers - do a warning if you are posting one!

Remember this is a second book in a series when posting spoilers etc! We have had the first book in the Fever series Darkfever as a group read in September, please visit the discussion thread.

message 2: by Sooz (new)

Sooz Anzalone (soozee) | 69 comments I've read all four, and although this isn't my favorite one in the series, I do enjoy Mac becoming less superficial. She is finally starting to see the seriousness of her situation.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 164 comments I just finished Darkfever and I can't wait for Bloodfever...hurry up October!

message 4: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments I read Bloodfever right after Darkfever this month and I must say it was an improvement over the first book. Mac becomes more tolerable but then she couldn't get much worse, could she?!

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) I'm starting my reread of Bloodfever tomorrow. I finished rereading Darkfever, and after this 2nd time around I really feel her personality is misunderstood. Yes, she was superficial, but I think she had a big heart, good values and self respect from the beginning. I think she is a strong person just for having the courage to fly to Ireland on her own and investigate her sister's murder. She can't be blamed for what happened with V'lane. If anything she should be commended for her ability to fight off the Fae effects. She was definitely more carefree at the start, but I realize that I missed that about her.

Anyway, these rereads are making me excited and giddy al over again. I will be hurting with withdrawals once I finish Shadowfever.

Happy Reading!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 164 comments Theresa wrote: "I'm starting my reread of Bloodfever tomorrow. I finished rereading Darkfever, and after this 2nd time around I really feel her personality is misunderstood. Yes, she was superficial, but I think s..."

Theresa, I completely agree with your interpretation of Darkfever. She started off superficial, but her character continues to mature through the book.

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments I love the "Fever" series. I was wrapped up into Mac's world almost instantly and it just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait til "Shadowfever". I'll re-read them again soon.

message 8: by Schelle (new)

Schelle | 46 comments great book - loved it more than the first, but man talk about sexually frustrated - this girl needs a good bit of lovin! Although I'm not too sure about who from???

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Schelle wrote: "great book - loved it more than the first, but man talk about sexually frustrated - this girl needs a good bit of lovin! Although I'm not too sure about who from???"

I know, there is so much sexually tension in this book!

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharon-obsessionwithbooks) I love the Fever series, KMM is my all time favourite author! January 18th can't come around soon enough :)

message 11: by Andi (last edited Oct 26, 2010 09:39AM) (new)

Andi | 74 comments I read Darkfever for Sept read and could barely wait to start Bloodfever for this month's read. I read it so quickly and just couldn't wait for next month, so have read all four now and loved them all. I love the bizarre relationship between Mac and Barrons and find myself constantly trying to work it out. I think KMM does a fantastic job of keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. I can't believe I have to wait until January for the continuation from the biggest cliff-hanger I have ever known! I am so impatient! In the meantime, Karen Marie Moning's website is great!

message 12: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) I know what you mean. I discovered KMM's Highlander series in May 2009, then followed it with the Fever series. It was agony waiting all summer for Dreamfever to come out, then 17 months for Shadowfever. I decided to do the monthly reading with this groups as a reread, but couldn't help myself and read through the whole series again! Now I'm torturing myself with the wait all over again.

message 13: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments I haven't read the highlander series. It sounds like you'd recommend it. Will put it on my 'to read' list. Seem to get through more books (and money!) now I have my Kindle. Think I'll have to rediscover the library!

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Andrea wrote: "I haven't read the highlander series. It sounds like you'd recommend it. Will put it on my 'to read' list. Seem to get through more books (and money!) now I have my Kindle. Think I'll have to redis..."

Yes, I recommend the Highlander series. The Fever series is a spin off from Highlander, so reading it may give you more insight to the Fever books.

I love KMM! She is one of my favorite writers!

message 15: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments Oh, never realised it was a spin-off. Right. I'm downloading that to my kindle tonight! Thanks for the recommendation :)

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) For those of you who love the Fever series, I recommend your join the Fever series group. There are great discussions/theories on the series.

message 17: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments Theresa wrote: "Yes, I recommend the Highlander series. The Fever series is a spin off from Highlander, so reading it may give you more insight to the Fever books.

I love KMM! She is one of my favorite writers!"

Theresa, Thank you for recommending the Highlander series. I've just read Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning in a day and a half and am just starting To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2) by Karen Marie Moning .

message 18: by Angela (last edited Nov 06, 2010 11:25AM) (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 164 comments I wasn't able to read this in October, but I read it in November. I'm totally hooked on this series.

I'm half way through Faefever and loving it. I'm so curious to find out what Barrons is...if you know, don't tell me.

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Amy or "Ames" wrote: "I read Bloodfever right after Darkfever this month and I must say it was an improvement over the first book. Mac becomes more tolerable but then she couldn't get much worse, could she?!"

That's exactly how I felt. I almost didn't continue the series because I found Mac so annoying, but she redeems herself in this one for sure. Much better.

message 20: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Theresa wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I haven't read the highlander series. It sounds like you'd recommend it. Will put it on my 'to read' list. Seem to get through more books (and money!) now I have my Kindle. Think I'l..."

Didn't she write the HL series first? And maybe the last few books coincided with the timing of the first few Fever books?

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Sandra wrote: "Amy or "Ames" wrote: "I read Bloodfever right after Darkfever this month and I must say it was an improvement over the first book. Mac becomes more tolerable but then she couldn't get much worse, c..."

Sandra I think you will like who Mac becomes in Dreamfever -- and when I read the first page of Shadowfever (released as a teaser), I thought of you. It isn't a spoiler at all, so if you read it now it wouldn't ruin the next 2 books for you, but Mac acknowledges who she used to be and how far she has come.

message 22: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I honestly can't imagine reading this series as it was released. I think #1 and 2 should have been one book and books 3 and 4 should have been one book. There is too little happening and development over the span of four books. It would have driven me crazy to wait over a year in between each book!

message 23: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i notice in the last few HL books she has previews for fever series like its either dark highlander or immortal highlander that has a preview for bloodfever in the back.

message 24: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Ah, that is what I thought. And when she was writing Kiss, Dark, Immortal, and Spell -- there are clear allusions and references to the "coming" battle. Plus it lays the groundwork for Darroc, the MacKeltars (the wall maintainance, etc.). I am off to check the publication dates ...the last HL book (Spell) was published in 2005. Darkfever ws published in 2006. If GR dates are accurate.

message 25: by Andi (new)

Andi | 74 comments Regina wrote: "Ah, that is what I thought. And when she was writing Kiss, Dark, Immortal, and Spell -- there are clear allusions and references to the "coming" battle. Plus it lays the groundwork for Darroc, th..."

I read the Fever series before I started the Highlander series (which I am still part the way through) and am enjoying seeing links between the two. It'll be good to re-read Fever series when I've finished the HL books.