Eclectic Discussion discussion

Experiences

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Lisa (Lisa_Swift) | 4 comments Mod
Ghostly phenomena, UFOs, etc...... feel free to share your stories!

message 2: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) I am a Wiccan Faery Witch as well as an Empath and Psychic. So I have been able to see and hear spirits 24/7 (through my third eye) since I was a child. They talk to me constantly.

Right now Alfred lives with me. He is a spirit who came to me in April, and spent several lifetimes with me in past lives as a cat and as a human friend of mine in England. Very nice guy. There are also 3 Runes spirits and the faeries. I have a full house (and a full life!).

I put magickal things like this in my novels all the time. My latest one is called "The Witches of Dixie" and just came up for preorder on Amazon and B&N. You can find links, and a sample from the book on my blog "Magickal Novels & Empowering Thoughts for Women" at http://www.OccultFiction.blogspot.com

BTW, thanks, Lisa, for inviting me to this group! I would love to hear about some of your paranormal experiences.

Magickal blessings!

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

You're welcome on the invite :) Need to find some other people who might enjoy it now!

As for my experiences.. well firstly I'm experiencing jealousy over you being a published author :p will check out your novels!

I have been a practicing Witch for nigh on 20 years now. I'm not wiccan, although some of the less "fluffy" aspects of Wicca I can associate with as they are very similar (obviously) to my own beliefs. I don't follow any strict path but have a natural leaning towards the Egyptian Pantheons with Isis being first and foremost but I also work closely at times with The Morrigan - who, in any case, could simply be seen as another aspect of Isis anyway!

The house I'm in now doesn't appear to have any spirits attached to it, so it's actually quite peaceful which makes a change. The house we used to live in however was haunted by its previous owner - an old man called Ron. He would only announce his presence when my other half criticised his DIY skills and then we'd have electrical issues (the oven refusing to work), blown lightbulbs, slammed doors... on and on until he got an apology! But he was harmless enough and quite amusing to have around.

My great grandmother - on my grandad's side - was psychic and during WW2 woke up after a dream in which her eldest son died. She described the scene to my Great grandfather who told her she was just worrying, but they discovered a few weeks later that their son had drowned at sea when the ship he was on was bombed - she had described her son as reaching up to her out of the waves and trying to grasp her hand and saying goodbye.

They're just two examples - I have many more, but I'll share them when my bratty children aren't distracting me!!! :D

message 4: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) How about that! I am aligned with the Egyptian pantheon in this lifetime as well. My Patron Goddess is Bast. One of the main characters in my latest novel "The Witches of Dixie" also has Bast as her Patron Goddess, and she names her cats after the Egyptian Gods...Horus, Re, and Thoth. I am particularly fond of Thoth myself. Also, Isis and Nut used to be my Patron Goddesses years ago before they released me to Bast.

Because I am so close to the Egyptian pantheon in this lifetime Witches at Pagan forums sometimes give me a hard time that 3 of the Rune Spirits appeared to me and walk with me 24/7. I have no leanings toward Thor or the Norse pantheon in this lifetime. However I am a very old spirit, and spent many lifetimes in England (where I met Alfred), so I could have been exposed to the Runes at that time. Who knows? I just go with it and enjoy their presence and wisdom. :)

Look forward to hearing more of your experiences!

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

I think the less said about certain Pagan forums on the net the better. Considering how open the Pagan structure is, there are some very closeminded people out there who don't believe you can embrace more than one pantheon/path etc. I personally don't see any reason why you can't have Rune Spirits walking with you regardless of the pantheon you work with.

message 6: by Laura (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Laura (LauraStamps) Ha! I agree. I'm just so eclectic and intuitive in my rituals and spellcasting that it tends to bother traditionalists. Oddly, it never bothers the Wiccans at the forums I have been at, which is nice. (LOL)