Terminalcoffee discussion

Face Off! (Less Serious) > Ursula the Sea Witch: Squid or Octopus?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (last edited Sep 27, 2010 10:25AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments My girlfriend and I have an ongoing disagreement about this. Can you solve it for me?

message 2: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Octopus

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I thought she was an octopus too.

message 4: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicasey) Alecia is right. She's an octopus.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Octopus.

message 6: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Disney movies leave me ravenous for fried calamari.

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Octopus.

Disney movies make my eyes bleed.

message 8: by Meels (last edited Sep 27, 2010 10:53AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) "Ursula is the main antagonist of the 1989 film. She is voiced by Pat Carroll in the film, the spin-off television series and the Kingdom Hearts video games. Ursula is based on the "sea witch/sorceress" character in Hans Christian Andersen's story "The Little Mermaid". In the original story the sea witch is a neutral enabler, but for Disney's animated adaptation, the character was modified into a full-fledged antagonist and plays a larger role in the overall story. Ursula is an cecaelia sea witch who "helps" unfortunate merfolk to achieve her own goals."

"An octopus person is a composite mythical being, appearing occasionally in art, literature, and multimedia; combining the head, arms and torso of a woman (more rarely a man) and, from the lower torso down, the tentacles of an octopus or squid as a form of mermaid or sea demon.[citation needed] They are sometimes referred to as "sea witches".
Since 2007, the term cecaelia has become more-frequently used online in the naming of these hybrid creatures"

According to Wikipedia.

message 9: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Amelia wrote: "Since 2007, the term cecaelia has become more-frequently used online in the naming of these hybrid creatures" "

Cecaelia, you're breaking my heart...

message 10: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Phil, you're like the little brother that FORCES you to give him a noogie.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and if she floats she's a witch because well....

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments whenever i see this thread i start singing the song "everybody wants to be a cat....because a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at..."

no real reason

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Just watched a clip...Disney appears to have given her six tentacles, which is typical of Disney and no help.

message 14: by smetchie (last edited Sep 28, 2010 09:45AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments 6 tentacles and 2 arms, so technically 8 but definitely NOT 10. Octopi live in solitary caves. Clearly she's an octopus. That was no face off at all but just proof that I'm a cephalotard Cecaelimbecile. I thought of her as a squid because she makes ink.

message 15: by Meels (last edited Sep 28, 2010 09:58AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Smetchie wrote: "6 tentacles and 2 arms, so technically 8 but definitely NOT 10. Octopi live in solitary caves. Clearly she's an octopus. That was no face off at all but just proof that I'm a cephalotard Cecaelimbe..."

According to Answers.com:

" Do octopuses squirt ink?

In: Octopus and Squid

Yes, most octopuses and their relatives in the cephalopod family squirt some manner of ink, although deep-sea cephalopds usually squirt a bioluminescent equivalent that leaves their would-be predator at risk of attack in the darkest parts of the ocean."

message 16: by Mayra (new)

Mayra (MayraM) | 25 comments She is an octopus for sure

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Phil wrote:

Cecaelia, you're breaking my heart..."

I'm belatedly giving Phil props for this one.

message 18: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) You give him props, I give him a noogie.

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'll give him a wet willie.

message 20: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Whew, I survived without a wedgie.

message 21: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) It can be arranged...

message 22: by Salvador (new)

Salvador Ayam | 1 comments NO NO NO you're all wrong and not Little Mermaid aficionado's like I am, and I'm sad to burst your bubbles but Ursula is in fact a Squid the reason why she's in a so called cave dwelling witch in fact she lives in the innards of a dead sea creature is because she was banished there by her brother King Triton you all should pay close attention to this movie

message 23: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Well, she squirts ink. Which one squirts ink?

*gives Phil a 2 year over due wedgie*

message 24: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments ::squirts octopus ink at amelia::