Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

Theories > Who are Adam and Eve

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments I was just wondering who you think Adam and Eve are.

message 2: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
There was a thing going back and forth in a different group that they are Kate and Jack....
That the time traveling and whathaveyou placed them back on the island AFTER they had already died there. Not sure I buy into that, but the way they described it, it was pretty cool.

message 3: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments That is my thought too. Kate and Jack. It seems to make the most sense. :) Any other theories?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

wait what episode is this?

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Hold on, what about Adam and Eve?

message 6: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Yeah, I'm at a loss too. Were they referenced on something that I missed?

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Well, I feel better, if Logan's out of the loop, I know I wasn't being oblivious!

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 149 comments Okay, Lostpedia has cleared up this confusion for me:
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Adam_an...

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 332 comments Hmm, but why do the skeltons have to be anyone? I'm tearing my hair out from what the producers said!

message 10: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 25 comments Yeah, with the islands time warp and everything, my theory is Kate and Jack, or at least Jack, because the skeleton had the beads, and Jack took the beads.

message 11: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) i'm confused. no idea.

message 12: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Aren't the Black and White stones used for the alchemists to tell the future?

message 13: by Nanner (new)

Nanner | 45 comments I don't think we have enough clues to tell who adam and eve are yet...I really doubt that they're jack and kate, although I could be wrong ;)

I just thought the black and white stones synbolize yin and yang...this follows chinese philosopy and would be something the darma inititive would be part of...you could say it means opposites like light and dark, good evil, male female, and so on...but a chinese lady I talked to years ago said it means a lot more than that simplistic meaning

message 14: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments I thought the Yin-Yang meant the forces that need each other to co-exist, that one cannot think as necessarily opposites but complementary instead. Because really without the one the other cannot exist.

message 15: by Nanner (new)

Nanner | 45 comments yes thats more what the lady (Nai) meant

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments My theory about Adam and Eve has been that they are Rose and Bernard. Ever since the finale I've thought that because they chose to adapt and live on the island.

message 17: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I also think they are Rose and Bernard.Or maybe I just don't want to think about them as Jack and Kate (:

message 18: by Philip (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 63 comments i thought the black and white stones were "go" stones, a game which shares TONS of similarities with the show.

they may be backgammon pieces though, as Locke was always playing that game. (you can see the pictures in the link.)

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 70 comments Go, Philip? You never told me that was your theory... But then again, I don't understand "go" enough to see the similarities with LOST. :-)

message 20: by Knarik (new)

Knarik ♥•Al•♥ wrote: "I think "Adam ad Eve" are Rose and Bernard, but that wouldn't explain the stones...."
it can be explained by their skin-colour, or by being man -woman(opposites).

message 21: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
I think Al means that doesnt explain how the stones got there.

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brittknee) I have heard several interesting theories of who Adam and Eve could be. I feel that it makes the most sense for them to be Jack and Kate. First of all, Jack took the stones from the skeletons and that was the last time we saw them. Also, Jack and Kate were the first characters seen on the show, I think. Kate finds Jack in the jungle, who has a cut on his rib. God takes Adam's rib from him when he is sleeping to make Eve. Sleeping may also be compared to death in this idea. Eve comes out of the woods and finds Adam. And at some point, Jack and Kate leave the island, like Adam and Eve are banished.
This is just something I heard and really enjoyed, considering there are apparently already so many biblical references in the show. However, I am not the biggest expert on Christianity, so I may not catch everything that could help this theory more. I was thinking though, that it could potentially be Jack and Claire. God creates Adam and Eve, just as Christian created Jack and Claire, as a father. I don't know though! Carlton Cuse and David Lindeloff will explain it, and I will be happen with them no matter what.