What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > PROBABLY SOLVED!: sci-fi, time travel, Lincoln

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments Here's another one I need help with. I believe this one may have been part of a series. It is a man's job/assignment to go back in time and stop the assasination of President Lincoln. If I remember correctly he fails and has to start over and try again. Ring any bells?

message 2: by Debbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Debbie Moorhouse Novel or short story? I can think of at least one short with this topic...it's upstairs somewhere....

message 3: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments It was a novel.

message 4: by Debbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Debbie Moorhouse Amazon offers In Time of War: An Alex Balfour novel.

message 5: by Debbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Debbie Moorhouse by Allen Appel (missed that out, sorry!).

message 6: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments Thanks! Looks like a good book, may have to read that, but no it's not the same book.

The book I am thinking of begins with the protagonist being sent to the time of the assasination of Lincoln at the Ford Theatre. There's no involvement with the Civil War.

But thanks for trying, it was a good guess!

message 7: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments bump for a retry...

message 8: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments LOL I love the Twilight Zone :)

Anyway - I'm fairly sure this book was part of a series - I remember realizing when reading this book it wasn't the first in a series. I don't think this series were bestsellers, but surely I'm not the only one who read it - I hope.

message 9: by This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For (last edited Aug 27, 2008 09:57PM) (new)

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For Well, this has been sitting for almost a year, but the book you're thinking of is After the Fact by Fred Saberhagen. It's the second of two books in the "Pilgrim Time Traveler" series, the first of which was Pyramids. They were published together in an omnibus called Pilgrim.

P.S.--Hope you're still reading this group; your profile is private so I can't email you to let you know.

message 10: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 27, 2008 10:45PM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Michael, The last time Janis posted in this group was this past March. I'm tempted to put this in the solved folder with SOLVED! at the front of the subject. If you are certain, which it sounds as though you are.

I'm thinking that Janis can find it equally as easily no matter what folder it's in.

Edit: I settled for a probably solved in the subject heading.

Michael, Thanks for the info.

Janis, If you see this, please post in this thread and let the group know whether or not it's the book that you meant. Thank you!

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For Lisa, I'm pretty sure I'm correct (at least, the book I suggest has exactly the described plot), but I suppose one never knows.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36943 comments Mod
Alexandra aka Auntie J, was "After the Fact" your book?