Q&A with Cassandra Clare discussion

City of Fallen Angels

Comments Showing 1-50 of 143 (143 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jazmyne (new)

Jazmyne Walker | 1 comments So this book comes out in March 2011, right?? And which POV is it going to be in??

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was coming out in July

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It comes out April 5, 2011.
Has anyone here read the sneak peek chapter at the end of City of Glass and all of Clockwork Angel?
I have a theory I want to discuss, but I can't discuss with anyone who hasn't read those two things.

message 4: by Carina (new)

Carina | 7 comments I have read all of Clockwork Angel but not the sneak peek. Is the sneak peek from City of Fallen Angels?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it's supposed to be chapter two, titled, "Fear of Falling".

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ive read all of Clockwork Angel but whats the sneak peak of?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The sneak peek is a chapter from City of Fallen Angels that appears at the back of the paperback edition of City of Glass.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I dont have the paperback edition of City of Glass

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know of anywhere else you could read it. Since it's an embargoed book, it looks like there won't be a chapter posted online to read.

message 10: by Carina (new)

Carina | 7 comments Well what's your theory anyways. Would it give too much away to the people who haven't read it if you said it?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazmyne wrote: "So this book comes out in March 2011, right?? And which POV is it going to be in??"

It will be the same as the previous books.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Its fine if you talk about it

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll just put a spoiler disclaimer for those who don't want to read it. I don't think reading the sneak peek chapter is necessary, but Cassandra Clare said City of Fallen Angels would be a little more fun to read if you read Clockwork Angel first. And my theory uses some of the events that occur in that sneak peek chapter along with events that occur in Clockwork Angel.
***Possible Spoiler***
As much as I don't want this to be the case, my theory concerns Jace. In Clockwork Angel, we learn Tessa has the ability to shapeshift. The introduction of this ability makes me wonder if the villain in the second cycle of Clockwork Angel is someone who has the shapeshifting ability and is taking over someone else's form. I know this is similar to what happened in City of Glass with Sebastian/Jonathan, but he didn't have the shapeshifting ability.
My theory is that Jace isn’t Jace, but an Imposter Jace who has the same ability Tessa has.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

....really? That sounds interesting

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

The reason I say this is because of things that happen in the sneak peek chapter and the posters for the book. “Who will be tempted by Darkness?” “Who will find their love torn apart?” “Who will betray everything they ever believed in?”
I hate to say it, but I think all of them concern Jace (and Clary in regards to the second one).
Also, as much as I love all of her books, Cassandra Clare loves to torture her characters (and readers by association), and that is one of the worst things I could imagine happening.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmmm ill have to read it when im at the bookstore. Cuz i wanna enter this conversation knowing what im talking about.Hmmmm all in all City Of Fallen Angels sounds like its gonna be the hardest to read

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. When I read the part with Jace in his "passionate embrace", my heart dropped. Maybe I get too involved with the characters, but I felt like Clary when I read that.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Omg me too! When you get so involved in a book you just feel like the characters, you know?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? It's good and bad, though. It's good because you feel like you can't stop smiling when something good happens. It's bad because you want to strangle some of the characters when bad things happen.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Whenever Clary or Jace have a fight i always get depressed so i feel like Clary!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought I was one of the only ones who did that. :) I'm glad I'm not alone.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely not!

message 23: by Amber Bambi (new)

Amber Bambi  Jenipe (theindiebambi) | 5 comments Candace wrote: "The sneak peek is a chapter from City of Fallen Angels that appears at the back of the paperback edition of City of Glass."

What the hell! No there isn't, I just checked!
*Sticks tongue out smugly*

message 24: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) Candace wrote: "It comes out April 5, 2011.
Has anyone here read the sneak peek chapter at the end of City of Glass and all of Clockwork Angel?
I have a theory I want to discuss, but I can't discuss with anyone ..."

I just finished CA... Read the hardcover of COG but whats your theory anyway???

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber Bambi wrote: "Candace wrote: "The sneak peek is a chapter from City of Fallen Angels that appears at the back of the paperback edition of City of Glass."

*Sticks t..."

I don't know. It's in mine, but I bought mine recently, so maybe that's it. *shrugs*

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Julie,
See message 13 for my theory. :)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

:P

message 28: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 18 comments Amber Bambi wrote: "Candace wrote: "The sneak peek is a chapter from City of Fallen Angels that appears at the back of the paperback edition of City of Glass."

*Sticks t..."

There is in the US edition. If you have the US edition then their should be parts of COFA and CWA.

message 29: by Emma (last edited Sep 28, 2010 11:05AM) (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Do any of you think that maybe Dorothea is the villian? Nah, probably not. But it's a guess..

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought Dorthea was dead. It's been a while since I read it, though.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Yeah, I think she did die. I'm just tossing around every little possibility and non-possibility. Lol, maybe she was Tessa's decendant ;D double lol ;D

message 32: by ♪Chloe (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 2 comments I can't even describe how excited I am to read it.

message 33: by Laianna (new)

Laianna | 3 comments I'm voting one of the main characters as the villain... Clary, Jace, Simon, Isabelle, Magnus even...

Cassie loves to make things heartbreaking, you know? That's something I really love about her writing, is that she's not afraid to make her bad guys human.

Like, Valentine was -- I think we can all agree -- a tad on the insane side, but he still cared about Jace and was human enough to have faults in the love department (Jocelyn, Jace, etc.).

I'm guessing in the long run, Jace & Clary's love will last, but with Jace's emotional issues as of the past few books getting worse, of course they're going to be put through the wringer... Again... :P

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Hmm.. I don't think it's one of the main characters, that would be extremly weird. She did say, noone ever guessed who it would be, but that it was someone we've already met in the TMI books. Maybe it's a silent brother. Maybe it's Luke's sister. But I don't think so. I think it's someone who's been in the Circle with Valentine.

Yeah, I think that Jace and Clary'll have some serious trouble too. Not because they don't love each other. Maybe because they love each other too much.

message 35: by Athena (new)

Athena (athena01) What if it's Simon though O.O? It would be horrible yet cool at the same time!

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Nah, I don't think it's Simon. I really don't think it's Simon. At all actually.
I mean, it has to be realistic too, not just shocking. And it's just not realistic with Simon. He wouldn't. Not even as a vampire. not even with a Cain mark.

message 37: by sam (new)

sam (dudewhatever123) | 1 comments i'll bet theirs gonna be some serious Alec-Magnus drama i just know it its about time we here more from those two.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I second that emotion. Cassandra did reveal that there would be something there. An x of Magnuses showing up ;)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you read the September teaser yet?

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) The what? Oh, the one with Simons mom and that? Yeah, that was awe-some!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

No, there was one with Magnus as well. It was put up for those who had read Clockwork Angel.

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) WHAT! CAN YOU POST THE LINK!?!?!?! OMG!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it's not on the COFA teasers page anymore, but I, um, sort of copied and pasted it into a word doc (maybe that's not a bad thing). I think, if she knew it wasn't up on the site anymore, Cassandra Clare would post it back.

**Teaser**

“Camille,” Magnus said. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?”
She smiled. Her skin looked whiter than he recalled, and dark spidery veins were beginning to show beneath the surface. Her hair was still the color of spun silver and her eyes were still green as a cat’s. She was still beautiful. Looking at her, he was in London again. He saw the gaslight and smelled the smoke and dirt and horses, the metallic tang of fog, the flowers in Kew Gardens. He saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes like Alec’s, heard violin music like the sound of silver water. He saw a girl with long brown hair and a serious face. In a world where everything went away from him eventually, she was one of the few remaining constants.
And then there was Camille.
“I’ve missed you, Magnus,” she said.

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Oh my god!!!!! OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!
I. Can't. Believe. It!
Cant the book be out already? Btw, is there a CPrince teaser site? That'd be awesome.
Anyway, OG MY GOSH! Hey, Will can't be conected to the Lightwoods too, can he? Nah, that'd be weird. What with Gabriel Lightwood and all.. Right?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

She said when COFA comes out, she'll start posting teasers for Clockwork Prince. So, I guess now we just have to wait...albeit *very* impatiently ;).

message 46: by Athena (new)

Athena (athena01) Candace wrote: "Well, it's not on the COFA teasers page anymore, but I, um, sort of copied and pasted it into a word doc (maybe that's not a bad thing). I think, if she knew it wasn't up on the site anymore, Cass..."

That's so awesome!!!!!!! Although i hate Camille (she's fine in ID but TMI...) because Alec is just too amazing.

message 47: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) *Snorts*
yeah, like that's gonna happen! I'm just waiting for these books to come out! Well, Cassandra clares books, the last sacrifice, Maximum Ride, Plauge and The lost Hero. Oh, and the Kane chronicles too.

message 48: by Athena (new)

Athena (athena01) I can't believe the next MaxRide book is about Angel! and the lost hero is going to be amzazing! I'm not sure bout Kane Chronicles....

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to work on my patience. Every time I pick up a new book, I think, "I need a break from series for a while." Then, wouldn't you damn know it; the book I pick up is the first in a series. *shakes head* I swear, the series find me. I don't find them :P.

message 50: by Athena (new)

Athena (athena01) Ikr?! I just got myself sucked into a new series :/ XD

« previous 1 3