The Help Group discussion

Technical Support > Disc tray

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 367 comments Mod
The disc tray on my computer wont open and one of my best CD's is stuck inside of it. I don't want to have to use a flathead screwdriver, but I can't think of any other way. Can someone help?

Aurora Serenity  Sildatke (usagitsukinobunbun) Andy wrote: "The disc tray on my computer wont open and one of my best CD's is stuck inside of it. I don't want to have to use a flathead screwdriver, but I can't think of any other way. Can someone help?"

I had that happen once, and the only way I ended up opening it was by slowly forcing it open, luckily, it didn't break and still works to this day. Other than that I'm not really sure what else you could do, except maybe take it to a tech person to open it without breaking it (but this will cost you money of course)

I've done a quick check on the internet to see if there are any cheap solutions to this and I've come across this --> http://video.about.com/pcsupport/Open...

If you haven't already tried this I'd say give it a go :)

message 3: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Thank you so much. Now my only problem is how do I get the rest of my CDs onto my IPod?

Aurora Serenity  Sildatke (usagitsukinobunbun) Andy wrote: "Thank you so much. Now my only problem is how do I get the rest of my CDs onto my IPod?"

*sweat drop* uh.... hehehe...
Well... hmm. Do you have only one computer? If you have another you could always download iTunes on the other then put music onto your iPod that way. Although, you would have to erase everything and start over again to sync it...

Or, does your disk tray still load the disks once inserted? I know it's not ejecting them like it should but if it's still loading them then maybe you could put a disk in, load it onto iTunes and do your thing with that, then when you want to take it out, turn off your computer (so you don't damage anything) then use that tip that the video said (assuming that worked) to eject it?

... other than that... I'm not sure :O

message 5: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Actually it works now. Took about week but it fixed itself. Probobly stuck, but what I don't get is if that was it, when i got it open because of your advice, why didn't it open right the next day? Why did it take almost a week and not right after?

Aurora Serenity  Sildatke (usagitsukinobunbun) Andy wrote: "Actually it works now. Took about week but it fixed itself. Probobly stuck, but what I don't get is if that was it, when i got it open because of your advice, why didn't it open right the next day..."

Ah, computers, what can you do? They're a mystery to us all!