YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
Some questions to get the discussions going.

How did you feel about Dru's Personality. She was really hard but also really scared. Do you think her personality would be believable for a young girl that grew up the way she did?

How do you feel about each of the three main characters and their interactions together? Do you think Graves brave for staying or weak for not wanting to be alone? Do you think that Christophe has Dru's best interest at heart? What do you think is Dru's true feelings for Graves?

Who do you think the traitor is? Is there anyone in the book that who you questioned their true motives?

Did you feel that the book really wrapped up at the end? Are you wanting to read the next book to find out where the story leads?

message 2: by Kellee (last edited Sep 25, 2010 03:21PM) (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I liked Dru. She wasn't a damsel in distress- she was a true heroine. I believe that she has become so strong as a reaction to her childhood.

Unfortunately, I read the book in April and I don't remember it too well... I guess I need to reread it- maybe I will like it the second time around. The first time, I didn't like the gratuitous fowl language and had trouble following some of the action scenes...

message 3: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
I agree with you on the language and the action scenes. Some of the scenes I had to read more than once. They were confusing to follow. I also prefer not to have fowl language in my books, however I did enjoy the story. I really liked how they made the heroine not so weak, whiney, and stupid.

message 4: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Jennifer wrote: "I agree with you on the language and the action scenes. Some of the scenes I had to read more than once. They were confusing to follow. I also prefer not to have fowl language in my books, however ..."

That is one thing I loved was how the heroine didn't have to wait for guys to save her- she could save herself just fine. I normally don't mind foul (We put fowl- LOL- that's birds) language if it makes sense. I felt that this book used it sometimes just to use it. Maybe she was trying to show how bad Dru was, but it didn't do that for me.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Mcdaid | 23 comments Mod
The book was good, but I don't know either her style or the story did not keep me interested. I almost gave up on this book after 100 pages. Dru's character was okay but may have not been written well. because I had a hard time liking her. I do not think I will read any more in this series.