Who Moved My Cheese? Who Moved My Cheese? discussion

This is a test

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristijo23 (new) - added it

Kristijo23 Parker This message is a test to see what it does. If you are a Pearl and can read this let me know. If so we can have a discussion about the book here.

Poom Yes Can Read... but not sure about being a Pearl though :p
Have you finished the book? Its quite a quick read. I left in the toilet, and so far every one in my family's managed to finish it in one sitting :S

Ilze I left in the toilet, and so far every one in my family's managed to finish it in one sitting ... love it! None of them's flushed it down yet? ... and uh, that "sitting" you mention ...?

It's a "Pearl" on its own!

Melissa Poom wrote: "Yes Can Read... but not sure about being a Pearl though :p
Have you finished the book? Its quite a quick read. I left in the toilet, and so far every one in my family's managed to finish it in on..."

OMG! that´s hilarious...And yes is a quick read.

Debra Ham What did you all think about the book?

Melissa Is a good book. I think it helps remember things that are important like keep up with what you do in life and keep growing. Its all a process!!!! but you have to work for what you want and is worth it.

Sarah Romero I agree with all of you in that it's a great book. What makes it such a great book is that all of the things in it are self-evident, but most people don't live like they already know it (just read the negative reviews for the book here on Goodreads). Not very many people take the time to ask, "Who am I? Who do I want to be?" because it takes time and may bring up things they don't want to confront. It's a great reminder for everyone of how to live and keep move forward positively in life. Because, as they say, the only certainty in life is change.

Gautam Bindra Accept the change and life will give meaning automatically.
fell good after reading .....

message 9: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Hackenberg I just don’t get the fawning and accolades that went on over this book. It has an important common sense message but I could have got the same message in a fortune cookie.
I'm just glad I got my copy from another corporate flunky and didn't have to actually pay for it.

Laurin It was a good book. I just didn't like how elementary it seemed. I read books in middle school that were written with more sophisticated language than that. It's like when people read powerpoints to me. I don't appreciate it.

Marya Rahator It's written for individual development so the purpose is good.

Saurabh Sharma Well, I feel one really cannot appreciate such bookS unless he/she is in a situation similar to what the book says. I mean I was going through a tough time when I read this and it simply felt soothing and extremely helpful in breaking the clutter in my mind.

Khairunissa Short, simple an sweet!

Hajar This book is very good.

Gowtham This is a guide for change in life and business.we need to anticipate change, prepare for it.so we can mange it.

message 16: by Heidi (last edited Jun 07, 2012 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Heidi Like what I said in my review - I thought Dr Suess could of written it in 15 pages, it would of rymed and been far more entertaining. I've read bumper stickers with more inspiration. I felt like this book mocked my intelligence at the end with the informercial conversations. I thought it all chalked up to common sense, but I need to realize common sense isn't common anymore.

message 17: by Dinesh (new) - added it

Dinesh kumar bangia it is very much relevant for all walks of life

message 18: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Motta This is one of the best books ever written! It's simple and meant to be, many people in need of this book don't need any more complications in their life. It's simplicity is one of the reasons it's so great. I own multiple copies and give them out all the time!

message 19: by Dinesh (new) - added it

Dinesh kumar bangia t is relevant for all but especially forger gener the younger generation. I ensure to give a copy to my friend's ward occasionally

Pebbles Sarah wrote: "I agree with all of you in that it's a great book. What makes it such a great book is that all of the things in it are self-evident, but most people don't live like they already know it (just read..."

I know you posted this a long time ago, but after looking at all the negative responses, this comment made me happy. This was my opinion too.

message 21: by Dinesh (new) - added it

Dinesh kumar bangia very goods for everyone specially for the youngesters

Tiffani Diggs I think the problem with all the bad reviews I've seen on this book is that the people who have read this aren't dealing with the situation in the book: when 'unexpected' change occurs. Of course it's common sense for a lot of us...but when you are knee-deep in the situation and you really feel hopeless, I think this is when the book serves it's purpose. The simplicity of it, without the use of pop-psych jargon is refreshing and helps you move back from the mode of panic of fear some might feel. It certainly did for me. This is a book for kids so they can learn how to deal with change, and to remind adults how to do it, who probably already have the knowledge on some level.

message 23: by N. (new) - rated it 2 stars

N. yes Heidi, me too i think the book is unnecessairly extended though a short story of 10 or 15 pages can easily deliver the same message, a message upon which I totally agree

Fatima Almaraghi it is very useful book, it help us how to face and deal with changes in our life ..

Alberto I continue to be amazed at the number of people that think this book is worthwhile. I think that says a lot about our education system.

message 26: by Bob (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bob Lee Kristijo23 wrote: "This message is a test to see what it does. If you are a Pearl and can read this let me know. If so we can have a discussion about the book here."
Hi Kristi 'yup ima pearl ... lol. :) Anyway - may as well get it going while we're here.

message 27: by Bob (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bob Lee Just applying this in a totally business based arena: How many people don't even realize that they're 1 of the 4 personalities? And how many people do exactly what Hem & Haw did? It's actually quite revealing about the manner in which different personalities PLAN or DON:T Plan which makes findings that business seem magical to some people. And while you're touting what this says about our education system, which 1 of the 4 are you ... Sounds like Hem or Haw may fit have settled in & forgot to see the mold ... :)

message 28: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Read this many years ago. After reading some of the dismissive and derisive comments I thought .... gee there should have been a fifth character. An elitist, viewing the maze from the better position. Then everyone could learn. Uhmm ... probably not.

message 29: by Dan (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dan Nieman Yes I have read it. I enjoyed it at the time, but it also revolutionized my thinking on social manipulation of self-help and personal management books

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Who Moved My Cheese? (other topics)