Writers Unite discussion

Need Some Inspiration? > Carina's Creative Corner

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carina (new)

Carina Hey, Writers! So today I found this gorgeous video online and thought that I might share it with you.
It's called "The Unseen Sea" by Simon Christen. He's a professional photographer and I find all of his works inspire me greatly. The video I'm linking to is of his time-lapse shots that he's taken of the San Fransisco Bay area. I thought it was absolutely stunning so I hope you like it and maybe it will inspire you too!

Here's the link to the video...

http://vimeo.com/15069551

...and here's his website...

http://www.simonchristen.com/

message 2: by Carina (new)

Carina Hey everyone!

So today I've got some more stuff to share. This might be helpful to all of you fantasy writers out there in need of a little inspiration.
A photographer named Irene L takes amazing pictures and mostly all of her them seem to evoke thoughts and elements of fantasy.
Enjoy (and CHEERS!) :D

http://www.fubiz.net/galleries/set/ir...

message 3: by Carina (new)

Carina Ok, so today I saw this quote attached to the string of a tea bag today and I thought it was kind of interesting...

"We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

Sparks any ideas? Heck Yeah!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

message 5: by Carina (new)

Carina HEYYY!!!! :D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

did ya logg off?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont think i should have said that. >.<

message 8: by Carina (new)

Carina Why not? Because i freaked out!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

mum did too. >.<

message 10: by Carina (new)

Carina Yeah I bet :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

duhhh.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

it hurts to type. XD

message 13: by Carina (new)

Carina Aww :( < Carina is sad for you

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

everyone is sad for me, it is too sad here.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

shut up will you

message 16: by Carina (last edited Oct 16, 2010 05:28AM) (new)

Carina Ok so this morning I just had the urge to look up some castle pictures and found a few things that I liked. I kind of want to use one of them in one of my stories now.

description

description

description

message 17: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) wow, I like the first one best

message 18: by Rosalyn (last edited Oct 17, 2010 01:26PM) (new)

Rosalyn Leigh (t-rose) the color palate of the 3rd one is great. but it probably would look better if the mirrored part of image was cleaned up. otherwise im leaning toward the 1st one as well

message 19: by Carina (new)

Carina Hey writers! So if you haven't already noticed, I find pictures of buildings and places to be really inspirational. Here's a picture of one that I found today.

description

Apparently this is the model for "Crystal Island", soon to be the tallest building in the world.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

message 21: by Carina (new)

Carina I know right!!! It's incredibly stunning :D It's going to be in Moscow though :( Darn Russians!!!! ,P

message 22: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) that just made my head hurt :/

xP

message 23: by Annabelle (new)

Annabelle (mrs-varen-nethers) | 100 comments I agree with Kelsie! That is one gorgeous building!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Gorgeous!

message 25: by Carina (new)

Carina Alright, so today I thought that I would give you all a prompt along with a few pictures. If you're suddenly inspired to write a story and you want to share it, you can post it here if you'd like to show off your creative genius ;D But if you just want to look at the pretty pictures, then that's fine too!

Okay so here's the prompt:

What if one day you woke up your family was gone? You go outside and try to find them, try to find anyone but all you see is your town in decay as if no one's lived here for a very long time. And you're all alone...

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Prompt pictures are brought to you by Simon Christen. If you want to see more of his photography, I recommend you go and check out his website!
http://www.simonchristen.com/

message 26: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) oh wow, I have like a torrent of ideas rushing through my head! I hate you for this, Car! I already have so much writings going on.

Oh, btw, I've posted two more chaps in the Bin/Klutz story, check them out please.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Oh.......oh.....I don't know how to say what I'm trying to say.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

creepy.... ^^

message 29: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ALRIGHT!

So I wrote something which is, I guess, fitting with these pics. Enjoy :D

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...

message 30: by Carina (new)

Carina Wow! Nice job, Amina :D I really loved your story!

message 31: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Thanks :D I'm extra proud of myself since I wrote it suitable for TWO competitions :P