Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > What should I be for Halloween?/Pooh Sticks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments We're playing a Halloween-weekend show at a really good venue, as part of the bill for the Roller Derby Bruisers' Ball. The theme is supervillains.

Supervillain suggestions? Poison Ivy and Harlequin seem too obvious.

message 2: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) http://www.superherodb.com/profile.ph...

But only if you promise to post pictures! :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments She's a good one, but still feels obvious, like it'll be me and fifty derby girls all in the same costume.

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Everyone else seems to involve wearing a cat suit....or next to nothing with your boozies hanging out.

Have a look here:

http://www.superherodb.com/characters...

I like Lady Deathstrike, think she'd be fun. But, she's meant to be Asian.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Y'know, I didn't even count Catwoman.
I need non-Batman, methinks.

Hmm....
Cheetah might be too obscure.
Morgan Le Fay?
The Scarlet Witch?

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hm. I think you have to go away from that list...or do you have to do comic supervillians? This is a better list, by the way...

http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/e...

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Can you pull off this look??

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Here's an interesting list.

http://wtfurls.com/daily/videos/459/t...

Nurse Ratchet might be fun.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Don't forget Dark Phoenix (Jean Grey) from X-Men!

http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment...

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Oooh....Phil. Good one.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Heh. There's a derby girl named Nurse Ratchett already.

Phil - who is that in #7?
I can totally pull off the look, but I'm not sure I can afford the bustier. I have the pants.

message 12: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Sienna Miller in GI Joe.

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think her technical name is "The Baroness".

hangs head in shame for knowing such things

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments All I'm coming up with is the Borg Queen, and I think the bald head with tubes coming out would be too hard to achieve.

message 15: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Nice, Jacks...I like it!

Yes, RA, The Baroness...an evil Joe...it's just wrong. And yet, nothing like skin tight leather! You may have to spend the entire night explaining to people who you are though.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm a little worried my leather pants may be too loose these days - I haven't worn them in a few years. The vinyl ones may look better, though I haven't worn those in a while either.

Jackie, the Borg Queen would be clever too, but I have no idea how to pull that off.

I could go as Michele Bachmann...

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments how bout the off with your head queen from alice in wonderland

message 18: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Awesome idea, Kevin! Hilarious. You could do a lot if you went with the Helena Bonham Carter version! You could even get yourself a stuffed pig to use for your feet. :)

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments That might be fun - good one, Kev!

message 20: by smetchie (last edited Sep 27, 2010 10:08AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Kevin's is my favorite!

There's also Maleficent. She's cool because she has a scepter with a bird on it.
description

Ursula the Sea Witch. I love her! She's horrid!
description

message 21: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ursula won't work, she's meant to be CHUBBY...I could be Ursula, but I'm not going. *wanders off crying*

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments The Red Queen is chubby in the Disney movie, too.

message 23: by Meels (last edited Sep 27, 2010 10:44AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) I'd go with the Helena Bonham Carter version, 'cept you'll have to make a bubble head. :) Paper Mache! (That'd work for the Borg Queen too, actually.)

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I don't think you'd have to be chubby to be either of them. If your dress has black tentacles, that pretty much does it.

Oh. I have a face off question.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Maleficent is a pretty awesome idea. Cruella DeVille might be fun too. Or perhaps I shall make up my own supervillain.

message 26: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Cruella DeVille! Fun hair!

message 27: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments but being able to answer anything by saying "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD" has def bennies. plus you can do lots of heart motif stuff in costume

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) True, true, Kev..."OFF WITH YOUR HEAD" would be fun! I have one here I'd like to yell that at right now.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'll have to see which of these I could construct, and also which ones I can play in.

I can see finding some big dress for the queen, and then Jer would inevitably step on it at some point and I would end up flashing everyone.

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments which would make for a fun party....

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i like a costume that allows you to be loud, obnoxious and annoying all while staying in the concept of a character. that's why i dress up like my MIL every year

message 32: by Meels (last edited Sep 27, 2010 11:05AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i like a costume that allows you to be loud, obnoxious and annoying all while staying in the concept of a character. that's why i dress up like my MIL every year"

Careful...you know what they say about the internet. If you run for president one day, somebody is going to dig that up and plaster it all over the headlines and then your MIL is going to eat your head.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Is your MIL an octopus-person, Kevin?

message 34: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments they're jokes....all jokes...i LOVE my MIL....jokes...

(psst SPi - yes)

message 35: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Last year I was a bride for halloween AND I NEED TO TOP THAT SHIT.

I have no ideas....at all. hmph.

message 36: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
Britt wrote: "Last year I was a bride for halloween AND I NEED TO TOP THAT SHIT.

I have no ideas....at all. hmph."

Bristol Palin. Anthony Bourdain. John Boehner. Snooki. Tony Curtis.

message 37: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments How bout Rue Paul? Didn't you say you liked him? He is freakin' beautiful in full drag! :)

message 38: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart OMG I COULD TOTALLY BE SNOOKI.

I was thinking of being a drag queen, but I don't have drag queen clothes. For my bride costume last year, I pulled together a wedding outfit from my clothes, and the only thing I had to order was the veil and my gloves.

message 39: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I think Snooki would be fun Brit and you wouldn't spend the night explaining to people who you are.
SP, if you could pull off the GI Jane no one would take their eyes off you and the band whether they knew who you were or not! That reminds me of Angelina Jolie in TombRaider and Wanted.
I like the Queen of Hearts and the Wicked Witch of the West.

message 40: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments What the hell is a snooki?

message 41: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart snooki is one of the cast members of Jersey Shore. I just realized there are gonna be tons of Snookis. Hmmm

I would be St.Agnes, but I don't think anyone would get it, and I am sure someone would offended

message 42: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Britt wrote: "Last year I was a bride for halloween AND I NEED TO TOP THAT SHIT.

One of my bosses sons has been (for the last two years) going the irony route. Year before last he glued the smarties candies all over his pants...smarty-pants. Last year he dressed in his best suit and wore a sign that said "I'm sorry"...formal apology. This year it is between gluing peeps all over himself...chick magnet and wearing a sign that says, "Go Ceilings!"...ceiling fan.

message 43: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Alecia wrote: "What the hell is a snooki?"

I had no idea either, Alecia.

message 44: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I'm glad I wasn't the only one ;)

message 45: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm heartened by the number of people who don't know who she is.

message 46: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments She's the one with the book deal with Simon & Schuster.

message 47: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Simon & Shyster?

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24362 comments Mod
Amelia wrote: "Britt wrote: "Last year I was a bride for halloween AND I NEED TO TOP THAT SHIT.

One of my bosses sons has been (for the last two years) going the irony ro..."

That's clever. I appreciate someone who has a puzzling costume...

message 49: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) if you are a liberal your villainess could be Sarah Palin... if you are a conservative it could be Nancy Pelosi

« previous 1