Cheese and Crackers [A Roleplay Group] discussion

Apocalypse Roleplay > Apocalypse Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 289 (289 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Elliott | 1895 comments Mod
After you've read the background and made a character, LET THE END OF THE WOLRD BEGIN!

message 2: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Josh threw his backpack on the ground and ignored the papers, books, and pencils that tumbled out. Instead of doing his work, he grabbed the TV remote and turned it on. His presets had been changed again and it was currently on Channel 5 news. He rolled his eyes. I don't care about current events, Mom. I'm a teenager. He was about to flick the switch when something on the screen caught his attention. Okay, someone on the screen caught his attention: the extremely hot news anchor.

At first he wasn't really paying attention to the words she was saying. He was just watching her smile and gestures witha grin on his own face. But then she said something that shocked him. "This could be the end of the world as we know it."

And he started to pay attention.

message 3: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) "Mariella, what's that?"
"What's what, where?" Mariella looked down at her youngest sister, Rebecca, who was tugging at her hand.
"On the TV." Rebecca pointed through a shop window as they walked past, where plasma screens were rapidly switching between 24-hour news channels.
"To be frank, I don't care." Mariella took her messenger bag and swapped it to the other shoulder to give her back a rest. "Now, are you going to help me this afternoon?"
"No." her sister said indignantly, stopping where she was and crossing her arms. "I won't do anything unless you tell me what's on the telly."
"Alright." Mariella looked up and gazed through the shop window.

It was bizarre- news presenters hurriedly chattering, shuffling papers around and cutting to what looked like scientific labs. She couldn't hear a word from behind the glass and the chatter of the noisy city streets, but the captions on the screens were enough to tell her it was bad.

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Marie eat her pizza as she sat at Abby's Pizza place. Her eyes flickered to the professional basketball game re-run on the television. She sighed and went back to eating. Then the sounds on the TV changed from people chanting for their team, to a female newscaster talking. Marie sat, riveted to the screen and what the woman was saying.

The television flicked off suddenly. A power surge from the thunderstorms outside. It came on another second later, but the channel had changed. Marie thought about the last words the newscaster as said. "....end of the world as we know it...."

message 5: by Ky, Hay gurl hay~ (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 1731 comments Mod
Jezebel slammed her book down in frustration as the lights blacked out. "I WASN'T DONE THAT PAGE!" she shouted to the empty room. Her parents had gone out for pizza with her younger sister and she'd stayed back to get work done.

message 6: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Josh tried to understand all the terms the newscaster was using, but he only got the basic gist of the report. There was some sort of disaster with chemicals. In Canada. "And how does that effect me?" he muttered and turned the TV off.

message 7: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) Suddenly all the televisions in the shop window went out, as did the lights glowing un every office block. It was true, there had been a storm earlier, but it had moved on, hadn't it?
Perhaps it wouldn't have seemed so frightening if she hadn't just seen what was on television.

message 8: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Josh went outside to shoot some hoops, ignoring the pelting rain. He didn't notice the power die.

message 9: by Julian (last edited Sep 26, 2010 08:29AM) (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina watched the lights in storefront windows go out as she walked through the pouring rain.

message 10: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Lightning illuminated the sky and Josh was soaked, but he ignored it and focused on the ball as it swished through the hoop.

message 11: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) "Mariella, we have to go back. What about Jessie?"
At the mention of their youngest sister Mariella payed more attention.
"What about her?"
"Do you think she's okay? Mariella, we have to go back."
"Shut up. We haven't done the shopping yet."
Not as if we have enough money to buy anything, she added in her head.
"I don't care. I'm going back. Without you."
"Rebecca, you're twelve, in a powercut with this end of world nonsense. You think I'm letting you prance about the city by yourself?!"
But Rebecca was off anyway, and Mariella had no choice to run after her.

message 12: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina pulled out her camera and took a picture of the light as they wnt out, one by one.

message 13: by Tesni (last edited Sep 26, 2010 08:52AM) (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) ((gtg for 5 mins))

As she ran back to the hostel and called Rebecca's name, Mariella noticed more and more of the lights going out. The crowds milling around seemed more nervous, even frantic to get home and find out what was going on. It started to rain again, and Mariella cursed as she heard the low rumble of thunder. She thought the storm had passed.

message 14: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Josh wemt up for a layup and lost his footing on the slick concrete of his driveway.

message 15: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments ((K.))

Regina watched the panic rise in the streets. She started taking more and more photographs.

message 16: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

He got up and continued playing, letting the rain wash the blood away.

message 17: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina decided it was time to go home.

message 18: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

Josh noticed a girl on the sidewalk out of the corner of his eye.

KittyKitty Fompledump (Courtney) (eurosweetheart) | 79 comments April was driving in her red Sonata past a huge building that seemed to be dark and deprived of people, but when she had driven by earlier it had been fully packed. Her eyes narrowed as she kept forward, driving down the road, heading home.

message 20: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

He sort of waved at the girl, noticing she had a camera.

message 21: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina looked at the boy with the basketball. She smiled a little.

message 22: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) Mariella had lost her sister. As she ran back up the stairs to their room, she prayed that her other five-year-old sister was still there.

message 23: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

''Nice weather we're having,'' he said loud enough that the sound made it across the street.

message 24: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina smiled. "Yeaah."

message 25: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) Mariella swung open the door to their room. Strange. She thought she had locked it.
"Jessie?" she called out, but there was no response. She searched the whole room, pulling back duvets and curtains and opening cupboard doors.
She ran back into the corridor, knocking on the next door. No answer.
The silence only then sunk in, when the only noise was her ragged breath and knocks on the doors.
Everyone in the building had left.

message 26: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

''No clue why everyone is hiding out inside,'' he grinned and bounced the basketball off the backboard into the net.

message 27: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina smiled. "I know. And downtown, everyone was freaking out because of a blackout."

message 28: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) Msriella cursed under her breath, suddenly frightened. It was getting darker with every minute, and she didn't like the idea of staying here in an abandoned building in a powercut.
She resignedly looked nin the back of the wardrobe for the backpack and holdall she'd first packed all her things in when she'd left to come to the city. She didn't plan on sticking around for the end of the world in a mouldy youth hostel.

message 29: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) ((gtg from all RPs, dinner's ready. I'll be back in twenty minutes or so))

message 30: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments ((Okay.))

message 31: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

''Nothing scary about a power surge because of a little rain,'' Josh said as lightning sliced across the sky.

message 32: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina nodded. "Exactly."

message 33: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

''Your camera is getting wet.''

message 34: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Of course, the one day I'm not on, everyone RPS!))

message 35: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) ((I'll be back later, but I have a frighteningly large stack of German homework to get through before my lesson tomorrow afternoon. Back in an hour or so))

message 36: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments Regina frowned slightly. "I know. But it's been through a lot worse, so I think it'll survive," she said shrugging and smiling slightly.

message 37: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) Marie decided to go to Josh's and see if he was seeing the same thing she was, or if she was hallucinating.

message 38: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments ((Mandy!))

message 39: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Emmie! We must chat!))

message 40: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments ((Indeed!))

message 41: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((I'm back. Sorry for leaving suddenly! Though I have to go again soon...still here?))

message 42: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments ((Yep.))

message 43: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

"Been through worse?" Josh said, amused. "Sounds like it's your friend or something."

message 44: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments "What can I say, I love my camera."

message 45: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

"Sweet," Josh said, laughing a little bit.

message 46: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) ((Gotta go in a min))

Marie walked to Josh's house and saw him talking with someone. She waved.

message 47: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

"Another person is braving the terrible storm!" Josh said, waving at Marie.

message 48: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) "Hey Josh." Marie said, smiling as she waltzed up. "Hi...umm....what's your name?"

message 49: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 52 comments "Regina," she answered, smiling.

message 50: by Elliott, I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB. (new)

"Right," Josh said, "when you meet people you're supposed to find out what their name is."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6