Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Authors Book(s) Discussion > Linda Howard Books - Advice Please

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joan (new)

Joan (croweangel) | 12 comments Hi All,
Last week, I finished my first Linda Howard book, Death Angel, and was pretty darn impressed by the great story line and quality of writing. Currently, I am reading the first four MacKenzie books that I downloaded in e-book format in a bundle. So far, I am really enjoying these. So, my question is this: there must be some other Linda Howard fans in this group who can provide me with some strategic guidance as to which books I should focus on next as this author has a huge number of published books. What are your favourite Howard books featuring strong sexy heros?

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments Run, do not walk out and get Cry No More, you will love it!!

Her other books are hit or miss with me, but this one was fantastic!!

message 3: by Joan (new)

Joan (croweangel) | 12 comments Thanks, Darcy -- will do! That one is about missing children, if I recall.

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (last edited Sep 24, 2010 10:33AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Some of my faves are Mr. Perfect and Open Season and Cry No More and all the MacKenzie's

FYI there is a group for her

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/2...

message 5: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4156 comments Mod
John Medina is my boy.

message 6: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (cheriesg) | 53 comments John Medina was something else, I'd definately reccommend all of the books in that series.

I also really like Son of the Morning. It has action, adventure, time travel, romance, and sexy hero. If any of that sounds up your alley check it out.

message 7: by Arch (last edited Sep 24, 2010 11:08AM) (new)

I wasn't really feeling John Medina in Kill and Tell. My first Linda Howard book was All The Queen's Men. That's when John caught my attention. Kill and Tell didn't have enough of him in it.

message 8: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
My favorites are Dream Man, Open Season, and After the Night.

message 9: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 151 comments I'm a major Linda Howad fan and I can't agree more the rec for 'Cry No More'. It's my all time favorite book. I would also try

Kiss Me While I Sleep by Linda Howard , Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard , Open Season by Linda Howard

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9736 comments Mod
I'd go with Cry No More, as well.

message 11: by Arch (new)

I'm going to have to read Cry No More.

message 12: by Joan (new)

Joan (croweangel) | 12 comments Thank you so much for these suggestions. Your advice is so appreciated. I just ordered Cry No More, Open Season, and Mr. Perfect from Amazon as a start. I expect they will arrive next week sometime. I will let you know what I think once I finish them.

message 13: by Noelle (new)

Noelle | 151 comments You've got some great reading ahead of you Joan! I just might have to re read some of those this week too.lol

message 14: by Joan (new)

Joan (croweangel) | 12 comments Thanks, Noelle! I think so too.

message 15: by Othena (new)

Othena Death Angel was my absolute fav read of 08. I bawled my eyes out at one point. I've reread After the Night,Mr. Perfect,and Open Season so many times that I can almost quote dialogue.
I hope you enjoy all the Linda Howard reads you chose.

message 16: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 702 comments I am glad to hear you guys talk about Death Angel, I just picked up the audio at my library and now am looking forward to it.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Death Angel is next on my LH list.

Arch, I think you'll like Diaz when you read Cry No More. :)

message 18: by Arch (new)

Danielle, I will have to read about this Diaz.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

You should. Then you'll have Medina and Diaz as fave LH heroes. :)

message 20: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I can't believe it.....I've probably read every Linda Howard book EXCEPT Cry No More! I read the synopsis and wasn't too sure about it. Who knew it was so fantastical? I will put it on my list, too.

message 21: by Arch (new)

Yes Danielle.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 635 comments I'm a huge fan of Linda Howard's early series work from the eighties and nineties. I think one of the best dangerous hero businessmen ever written can be found in the stand-alone The Way Home (1991), which has been re-released in several collections including A Bouquet of Babies (2000). There is an excellent trilogy Sarah's Child (1985), Almost Forever, and Bluebird Winter. Another fascinating trilogy has warriors you'll love in Midnight Rainbow (1986), Diamond Bay, and Heartbreaker.

My favorite Linda Howard book is Mr. Perfect.

message 23: by Joan (new)

Joan (croweangel) | 12 comments Thanks, again, to everyone weighing in on my request for advice for the "best" Linda Howard books. Your comments and advice have all been great!

message 24: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetlilith) Joan wrote: "Thanks, again, to everyone weighing in on my request for advice for the "best" Linda Howard books. Your comments and advice have all been great!"

I'm a total LH fan. I've read, and own, everything she's ever written. I love smart, snappy dialog and she's a master of it.
Joan, all of the books people have recommended are great, Cry No More being one of my favorites. I'd also recommend one of her older books "Duncan's Bride". Wonderful h/h, and great dialog between them.

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 26 comments I love her books, although in later years not as much as one's before. Son of the Morning, All the Queen's Men, are my very favorites. But, Open Season, After the Dark, Mr.Perfect, Kill and Tell are just some of the great one's

message 26: by Ren Puspita (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) My favorite is Son of the Morning, Mr. Perfect,Dream Man, Heartbreaker, and Heart of Fire. All of them feature strong hero and sassy heroine. Totally LH fan here :)

message 27: by Gwen (last edited Jul 30, 2012 02:43PM) (new)

Gwen (gwenk) | 161 comments My favorite Linda Howard books are The Mackenzie Saga, The Touch Of Fire, Kill and Tell, Dream Man, After the Night and Blood Born, which she co-wrote with Linda Jones. Still waiting on the sequel for this one.

I've read a lot of her earlier books. I'm definitely going to have to read Cry No More because of all the recs.

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Gwen, go to the store first and buy a box of kleenex or two before you begin Cry No More.

message 29: by Gwen (last edited Jul 30, 2012 02:29PM) (new)

Gwen (gwenk) | 161 comments Oh, my goodness! Sounds like a very good book.
Acheron was the last book I had a good cry over. Guess it's time for another one!

message 30: by Anna (new)

Anna Zaires | 4 comments Oh my God, I love Linda Howard. Favorites:

After the Night by Linda Howard
Heart of Fire  by Linda Howard
The Touch Of Fire by Linda Howard
Angel Creek (Western Ladies, #2) by Linda Howard

At some point, when I was a teenager (before the awesome days of ebooks), I found some of her books that I hadn't read in Barnes & Noble, and read all four of them in one 24-hour period. With no sleep, of course. Linda Howard is the best writer I know.