SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Monthly Nominations > World Fantasy Award - October's Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 24, 2010 08:39AM) (new)

It's nominations time. Since I didn't specify whether it's World Fantasy award winners or nominees, we'll go with both. Here is a link to the Best Novel list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Fa...

Let me know your nominations and we'll start our vote once we have a nice list. This will be for the October 15th book....

nominees
Song of Kali by Dan Simmons
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
Replay by Ken Grimwood
The City & The City by China Miéville
The Mist by Stephen King

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll nominate Song of Kali by Dan Simmons ....

message 3: by Greg (new)

Greg The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

http://www.amazon.com/Lies-Locke-Lamo...

I wanted Thomas Covernant Lord Fouls Bane, but it's not e-booked yet.

message 4: by Marina (new)

Marina I'll nominate Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. I went looking for that one too ... and I was also disappointed that Weaveworld wasn't an ebook either ....

message 6: by Eric (new)

Eric (proggyboog) I'm going to nominate Replay by Ken Grimwood.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Pet Sematary, alas, is not available in the United States in ebook format. Bastards!

I'll nominate The City & The City by China Miéville

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Greg wrote: "Pet Sematary, alas, is not available in the United States in ebook format. Bastards!"

I didn't even look for that one ... I just assumed that since Salem's Lot and It are avaialable, that all of his backlist would be. :(

I took it off the list but I'm tempted to replace it with another King - Salem's Lot perhaps ... I'd suggest The Stand but we're reading an apocalyptic book now and while I love a good end of the world, that may be too close together .... and I loved It but I have some serious clown issues ...

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina Greg wrote: "Pet Sematary, alas, is not available in the United States in ebook format. Bastards!

F*** @#$%&~!!!! -.-

What do you think of replacing it with The Mist? I read Salem's Lot 2 months ago and it's too soon for me to re-read it...

message 10: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) Marina wrote: "Greg wrote: "Pet Sematary, alas, is not available in the United States in ebook format. Bastards!

F*** @#$%&~!!!! -.-

What do you think of replacing it with The Mist? I read Salem'..."

Based on the fact that I have yet to make it through a Stephen King novel (I've tried 4 or 5) and only sort of consider supernatural horror to be in the "fantasy" genre, I won't be voting for any of them, so go ahead and pick whichever you want. ;-)

message 11: by Carey (new)

Carey Bostwick (carebear11) | 40 comments I nominate The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

message 12: by Lyndl (new)

Lyndl | 27 comments I'll nominate Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay