Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Winner Announced for Time to Win some Alaskan Gold!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (last edited Oct 01, 2010 09:45AM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
As many of you know, I just got back from a trip to Alaska. I brought a vial of real Alaskan gold with me and am running a contest on eHarlequin to celebrate my Dr. Right, third book in the Alaskan Bride Rush continuity series with Love Inspired. Tell me what you would do with your fortune if you had an Alaskan gold strike, and I will enter your name in a contest to win the gold flakes I brought back with me.
Here's the link --

Here's the link: http://community.eharlequin.com/conte...

I wish you all the best of luck.

PS -- The winner is announced -- Paula from Goodreads (AKA Akpeach on eHarlequin) is the winner!!!!!

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments If I made it big in Alaska I would buy a kindle! Ok I would do more than that. I will go to the other link also but figured I could post here also. I would also do some traveling and meeting some of my friends that live overseas.

message 3: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin (kittenreader) | 2 comments If i were to strike gold in Alaska there a quite a few things i would do first. I would donate quite a bit of it to an animal shelter because i have a love for animals and know the money is always needed. I would donate some of it to the cancer society as well because i know how awful it is to lose a loved one from cancer. I would then buy my Mom her dream house because she has done so much for me and has always been there for me and i would love for my mom to have her dream house as she ages. If there was any left i would put it in a college account.

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Kaitlin -- what a sweet answer. I am collecting the comments on the eHarlequin site (see the first comment above for the link). Please join us there and post it so everyone can read it. Thanks.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Janet, Chiming in to say hello...I'm going to toddle on over to eHarlequin :)

message 6: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Hey, Janet,went to the site and signed in but it's won't let me let me leave a comment. It says I am not allowed to leave a comment even though I am logged in to my account. Any suggestions?

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Patsy (or anyone else) == if you post your comment here and let me know, I will re-post it on eHarlequin for you. I have had several people say something was wrong with eHarlequin and will let the powers that be know. Thanks.

message 8: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Thanks Janet.
If I struck it rich in Alaskan gold I would pay for the heart procedure my little 3 month old grandson has to have at the end of this month and set aside a trust fund for him. (Be in prayer for him and us). Also I guess I would have to be selfish and spend it on my family by paying off all the debts we all owe. Since my youngest daughter lives 12 hours away from us and we don't get to see her much, I would move all of us together in one town. Hey, Tresure Creek sounds like a great place to live! I think we'll move there! My husband is in need of a new truck (his ford has 300,000 miles on it) I'd buy him a new one. Let's see, let's make it a new Ford F150 red with four doors and a covered back. (haha, now that's being picky!)I've always loved reading about the Amish so I'd like to visit the Amish country. There are lots of other little things I would probably want as well, but I know the Lord has blessed us with a loving family and by provided for our needs. No,we don't have lots of things we want,but the Lord has provided for our needs. It's nice to dream about the "what ifs" sometimes. The list could go on and on I'm sure, but it's fun to dream. Dreaming is half the fun! By the way, what a fun contest!

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 111 comments Actually, Janet, I did pan for gold in Alaska. Needless to say, I saw very little "color". But it was fun to try. We went for our 25th anniversary and had a terrible time sleeping during July because it never got dark!

Best of luck to all the contestants. I'll opt out to give them more chances.

Blessings,
Valerie Hansen

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Here in Australia there is a place in Ballarat called Soveriegn Hill where you can pan for gold also. (If you didn't know Australia had some gold fields also)

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

Patsy -- I posted your comment over on eHarlequin. And I'll be praying for your family.

Valerie -- way to go with panning for gold!

And, Ausjenny, yeah I did know Australia had some gold, too. That would make a great setting for a historical.

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments It would be a great setting specially around the time of the Eureka Stockade where the miners took a stand against the government.
But the era would be great even the early convicts etc would be interesting to be in a book.

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

That would make a teriffic setting, Ausjenny -- ever thought of writing a historical romance yourself??

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Who ME! I cant write. I love reading but as for writing a story it would be rather short.
I think some people have a gift for writing and others dont I am one who doesn't.
having enough issues writing reports.

message 15: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 111 comments It's funny about writing - I had decided to become a travel reporter years ago because my husband loved to travel. Could not do it. I spent more time on one article about a local event that I did on several chapters of a book. I did sell that one and a couple more but it wasn't fun laboring over them so I quit and concentrated on my books. That structure seems to be second nature to me. I imagine I'd be in tears trying to write your reports, Ausjenny!

Blessings,
Val

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I am doing business administration and the subjects are on writing complex documents. There is a structure and by following it it sure does help. its more getting the information first.

With writing I am not good at describing things I dont tend to take in the detail as much as others I can tell you what happened but when it comes to describing what someone was wearing or the look on there face etc I am hopeless. I have been at weddings gotten back to where I am staying and will be asked what did the mother of the bride wear and I am like um I cant remember it looked nice but no way could I describe it.
I would find the same if trying to write a book it would come across as very false as its just not my gift.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I am doing business administration and the subjects are on writing complex documents. There is a structure and by following it it sure does help. its more getting the information first.

With writ..."

speaking of description, i was in my writing class that is a part of my reading block this semester adn we talked about it. Description is one of the hardest things for children(and adults) to grasp. It was kinda cool how she broke it down for us. You have your noun, then you describe your noun and give it an action verb and then add figurative language to it...she put it in a chart and then you made it into complete sentences from that chart. :D Free lesson for the day! LOL

message 18: by JanetTronstad (new)

Just a reminder -- today is last day to leave a comment for the contest --

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments cool will be interesting to see who wins.

message 20: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Ooh, what a cool contest. First, I would go on vacation. : ) Then find charities to donate to, to make a difference for others.

message 21: by JanetTronstad (new)

The winner is announced! Paula from Goodreads (AKA Kypeach from eHarlequin) wins the vial of Alaskan gold as well as a copy of Doctor Right (or another one of my books in its place if she's already read that one). Congratulations, Paula!!!

message 22: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Janet, I was so excited to see my name as a winner when I signed in today, I have read the Dr Right book and it was great as others I have read of yours have been. another one would be fantastic~ I await this wonderful gold that will fullfil my dreams. I may never get to Alaska so this little part of it will have to do. thanks again for sharing.

message 23: by JanetTronstad (new)

Great, Paula -- if you go to my website and give me your full name and address, I'll mail your gold to you. and we'll talk about which other book you'd like. AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!