Pirate Romance discussion

General Book Talk > What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) | 89 comments Mod
Right now, I'm reading Black Swan Rising. I won it on Goodreads, and I'm loving it!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 550 comments Mod
This one looks so good Jana! let me know what you think when your done..

Oh, I will! The writing is absolutely beautiful. It's by a husband and wife duo. She's a mystery writer and he's a poet. It's wonderful! I'll be posting an in-depth review as soon as I'm done!

Sounds good..III look forward to it!

message 5: by Joeera (last edited Sep 23, 2010 05:45PM) (new)

Joeera  | 29 comments At the moment i'am reading
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead by Richelle Mead

Ive heard so many good things about this series Joeera..is this the first time reading it? I have her other series but havent started it yet.Succubus BluesSuccubus on Top Succubus Dreams Succubus Heat Succubus Shadows and Im waiting for the 5th book which is the last in the series to come out then III start..let me know what you think of yours that your reading.

message 7: by Joeera (last edited Sep 25, 2010 07:55AM) (new)

Joeera  | 29 comments Yes this is the first time i'am reading any of her book and i read some reviews on this the first book in the series.The reviews looked good so i bought the first book.
I just started reading it yestarday i'am on page 130 and i realy like so far i realy loved it you can go above and see my review

Sandi, I just posted my review for Black Swan Rising. You had mentioned you were interested in reading it!

Thanks Jana I will check it out!

message 10: by SmittenKitten (last edited Feb 27, 2011 01:13PM) (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments I started reading Bound by the Heart by Marsha Canham yesterday... it's excellent, can't put it down. Bound by the Heart is much more of a bodice-ripper (heroine is raped by the hero several times) than the Wind & the Sea, so it's not for everyone. I still think the Wind & the Sea is Marsha Canham's best work because it has such a great "adventure" feel to it.

Both are must-read pirate/ship captain romances IMO... And since they are now available as e-books, there is no excuse not read them. :P

I really must invest in a reader..it would solve my "HTF"s to get as well as save space..which means more books!? LOL!..maybe not..some are the same price as a regular book are they not?

message 12: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments Sandi wrote: "some are the same price as a regular book are they not?"

That is exactly why I have not invested in an e-reader yet... there is not much (if at all) of a price difference between paperback and e-book. And I can usually find the paperback way cheaper via UBS, thrift stores, and ebay.

message 13: by Karla (new)

Karla I've found it in EPUB format as well, so yay for me (since I don't have a kindle). Can't wait to read it. :)

And yes, the prices for some ebooks are ridiculous since they're so restrictive - DRM and the like. I usually buy the cheap stuff, $3 and under.

Um..without sounding ..dumb..whats a EPUB format?
*sigh* maybe this ol'bird should just stick to books..they open..they close..wha-la!

message 15: by Karla (new)

Karla It's one of the many formats that some ereaders can handle: .epub, .rb, .mobi, .pdf, .txt, .doc, .rtf, etc.

message 16: by SmittenKitten (new)

SmittenKitten | 129 comments EPUB = electronic publication :)

message 17: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Feb 27, 2011 04:43PM) (new)

"whipppp" right over the head that went! yup..III stick to the books for now..unless it comes with special instructions for "format-computer" challanged people. :(

SmittenKitten wrote: "EPUB = electronic publication :)"

AH...that I understand! :)

message 19: by Verity (new)

Verity | 55 comments Next to "The wind & the sea", my fav MC is "The last arrow". All of her books are fan freakin' tastic. I wish she was still active.

The major reason I've been draggin my big feet 'bout buying E-reader is if / when I do buy, it'll be the rapid death of my credit card haha... My savings account will drop down to negative 'cuz I'll be clicking away like there's no tomorrow.

So true Verity! Yikes!

Just started reading Cat O' Nine Tails by Patricia Leever for my TBR challange...not so sure about this we shall see.

message 22: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie I am reading The Pirate Lord (Lord Trilogy, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries by Sabrina Jeffries I am enjoying it so far.

I remember that one as quite humorous :)

message 24: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie I am reading Desperate Duchesses (Desperate Duchesses, #1) by Eloisa James by Eloisa James

I tried to read Forgotten Sins (Sin Brothers, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti and The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole but I couldn't get into them, even though they got good reviews on goodreads.

Her books are romantic suspense aren't they?

message 26: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Her books are romantic suspense aren't they?"

Yes, I enjoy her books

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Rosemarie wrote:
I tried to read Forgotten Sins (Sin Brothers, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti and The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole but I coul..."

That happens to me a lot too (not being able to get through "5-star" books)! I don't know if I just have way different tastes in historical romances than most, or what.

But Rosemarie, what was it that turned you off of those two books? (I haven't read them. Just curious about your take on it!)

message 28: by Rosemarie (last edited Mar 04, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

Rosemarie I am reading The Pirate Prince by Connie Mason by Connie Mason good so far....

message 29: by Tracyk (new)

Tracyk | 2 comments Rosemarie wrote: "I am reading The Pirate Prince by Connie Mason by Connie Mason good so far...."

Rosemarie you might enjoy The Pirate Prince (Ascension Trilogy #1) by Gaelen Foley if you haven't already read it.

message 30: by Rosemarie (new)

Rosemarie Tracyk wrote: "Rosemarie wrote: "I am reading The Pirate Prince by Connie Mason by Connie Mason good so far...."

Rosemarie you might enjoy The Pirate Prince (Ascension Trilogy #1) by Gaelen Foley if you haven't alr..."

Thanks Tracyk