SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Series and Authors We ❤ > Sazi / CT Adams & Cathy Clamp

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daffodil (last edited Sep 22, 2010 04:15PM) (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) by C.T. Adams Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2) by C.T. Adams Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3) by C.T. Adams Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4) by C.T. Adams Moon's Fury (A Tale of the Sazi, #5) by C.T. Adams Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6) by C.T. Adams Cold Moon Rising (A Tale of the Sazi, #7) by C.T. Adams Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8) by C.T. Adams

Tale of the Sazi
C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp

1. Hunter's Moon
2. Moon's Web
3. Captive Moon
4. Howling Moon
5. Moon's Fury
6. Timeless Moon
7. Cold Moon Rising
8. Serpent Moon

Any more fans out there?

message 2: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments A comment from Judithe prompted me to start this thread. I love the Tales of the Sazi books by C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp. But Judithe's right, I haven't seen much chatter about them here or on the other PNR/UF groups I'm in.

Adams & Clamp have built an interesting world around the Sazi, shapeshifters, although not a lot of the mythology is revealed in the first book. There are story arcs between books and some books overlap action from others, so you really should read the books in order. If it hadn't been done well, it would have been horrible. But they do a wonderful job of keeping track of who's where and supplying a fresh tale while supplying new perspectives on some of the action.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Thanks, Daffodil. I believe I have or have seen (at the library) a couple of these. I'll have to check them out.

message 4: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments I'm so happy to see a new series based in the Sazi world. It's called Luna Lake: Ten years have passed since the war that destroyed the Sazi Council and inflicted a horrible "cure" on thousands of Sazi, robbing them of their ability to shapeshift.

Luna Lake, isolated in Washington State, started as a refugee camp for Sazi orphans. Now it's a small town and those refugees are young adults, chafing at the limits set by their still-fearful guardians.

There's reason to fear: Sazi children are being kidnapped. Claire, a red wolf shifter, is sent to investigate. Held prisoner by the Snakes during childhood, Claire is distrusted by those who call Luna Lake home.

Before the war, Alek was part of a wolf pack in Chicago. In Luna Lake he was adopted by a parliament of Owls, defying Sazi tradition. The kidnappings are a painful reminder that his little sister disappeared a decade ago.

When Claire and Alek meet, sparks fly—but the desperate race to find the missing children forces them to set aside their mutual attraction and focus on the future of their people.

Forbidden (Luna Lake, #1) by Cathy Clamp was released this week.

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments I didn't realize that was set in the same world. Think it's necessary to read Tales first?

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23912 comments I've got the first one Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) by C.T. Adams and I tried to start it some time last yr, but I wasn't in the mood, so only got a few pages in.

Will have to have another look at it Daffodil.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8727 comments Funny, I read the first 2 books of the Sazi series and forgot about them....I should pick it back up.

message 8: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Steph wrote: "I didn't realize that was set in the same world. Think it's necessary to read Tales first?"

I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, since I just discovered the information on the book today. But one of the reviewers stated that she hadn't read the original series and was able to follow along well.

message 9: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29272 comments Thanks. :)

message 10: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments How exciting! I was just thinking I "need" to reread the Sazi...it's been awhile. Now, reread, or diver right into the newest one...

message 11: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 2098 comments Maybe: Read the new one. Reread the series. Then reread the new one.

message 12: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Great tip!