V.C. Andrews discussion

Possible Movies, TV Mini-Series and TV Series Shows?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
It has been talked of numerous times over the years, of actually making other V.C. Andrews books into various forms of new media, but few have ever seen the light of day.

Besides the obvious "Flowers in the Attic," only "Rain" has ever been made into anything that I am aware of, and that was a straight to DVD movie. Has anyone one heard of anything else and what are your thoughts on this topic?

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin H I heard from the completevca website that they were thinking of making a television movie about the Landry series. I'm a little iffy about this happening only because this is my favorite series. I really enjoyed Flowers in the Attic but I thought the movie didn't do the book justice. I'm in no rush to see the Rain one only because I didn't think it was the best series.

message 3: by April (new)

April (Stinkerbell6879) | 3 comments I don't think that the movies could carry the detail that went into some of the earlier series and I agree that the movie for Flowers in the Attic did not do it justice. Probably cause some of the subject matter can be a little harsh (i.e. incest etc...)

message 4: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
For once I'd like to see a movie be just like a book. I wouldn't care if it was 3 hours long ... :/

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin H Mee too, I can't recall any movie that did the book justice. There were some movies that made me want to read the book, but if the movie was good I didn't want to spoil it by reading the book knowing it would be better!!

message 6: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I really wish they would make one of the 5 part series into an actual tv mini-series or something else. I also wish they'd re-make "Flowers in the Attic." :(

message 7: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I just ran across a script Wes Craven penned for "FitA" before it was actually made into a movie by another director.

http://www.completevca.com/bio_exclus...

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin H I wouldn't mind one of the series, preferably the earlier ones to become a weekly tv show, I think it would make great television :). I've noticed they have been doing that a lot on television now creating shows based on books and I think her books would be great for that!!

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin H Jody wrote: "I just ran across a script Wes Craven penned for "FitA" before it was actually made into a movie by another director.

http://www.completevca.com/bio_exclus..."

I read that on the website as well. He should have made it a movie. Flowers in the Attic was a dark book...I bet it would have been better!!

message 10: by Jody (new)

Jody | 85 comments Mod
I have to agree. I just started reading it, but by what was written by the author of that website, I'm betting it would of been ten times better.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 7 comments i really really wish they would re-make FitA, the movie really didn't do that book justice

message 12: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 39 comments Erin wrote: "Jody wrote: "I just ran across a script Wes Craven penned for "FitA" before it was actually made into a movie by another director.

http://www.completevca.com/bio_exclus..."

I read th..."

Indeed. I love the movie when I'm not comparing it to the book. And the music was just great. But if definitely didn't do the book justice.

I'd love to see more VCA books as movies or shows, if they are done well.

message 13: by Destiny (new)

Destiny | 10 comments I am on the vc pages on fb. Lifetime is interested in making two series into movies/tv series.

message 14: by Donita (new)

Donita (xxamethyststarxx) | 22 comments I am watching The Lifetime Flowers In The Attic right now and looking forward to see Petals On The Wind next.

message 15: by Pages (new)

Pages I enjoyed the lifetime series and though they missed elements of the book, it was better than the 1987 one.

My sweet Audrina was good as well, though again strayed away from the book.

message 16: by Arianna (new)

Arianna Vargas | 21 comments What got me into VCA books in the first place was the original 1986 movie version of Flowers in the Attic. When I first read the book a few years later, I thought the book was better (as is usually the case) but I still loved the movie. I was also shocked to hear that VCA herself actually hated the movie, as do most fan groups since it changed so much from the book. Personally, I think it was a fine adaptation, not great, but not bad. The worst part for me was that it shut itself off for a sequel by killing Corrine (Spoiler? I guess?).

I thought the Lifetime version of Flowers was fine, it was much truer to the book, but I thought the performaces were lackluster. (Except for Heather Graham- she KILLED it as Corrine). However, this changed in the other three movies- I thought they were AMAZING. Loved them- especially Seeds of Yesterday! But I heart that they are not going to make Garden of Shadows, which kills me a little on the inside. T_T

'My Sweet Audrina' was my favorite VCA book so I was really excited for it- I thought the acting was much better than the Flowers adaptation, but there was so much crazy that didn't make it to the screen, that I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. I need more crazy Vera on screen, or it's just not worth it lol.

I heard the next thing they're working on is the Casteel series. I have high hopes, Lifetime does a good job overall with the movies.