Book lovers discussion

Group Reads > The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Discuss! I will join when i have read it.

message 2: by Shelli (new)

Shelli LOVED it....IMO a great way for the series to end...yes I would have liked more...but I'm ok with this....the books just got better and better for me.
IMO Mikael and Lizbeth ending up together was not very realistic even though a part of me was all for it!

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Shelli, I don't think Mikael and Lisbeth "really" ended up together...although having her open the door draped only in a sheet made me wonder!!

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Was anyone confused in the beginning with the introduction of all the new characters? (I was!)

Also, I really liked the book, but I found I was able to put it aside and not be really anxious to pick it back up...but whenever I started reading again, I was really into it. Wierd, I know.

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 44 comments I don't think Mikael and Lisbeth would end up 'together' either - I reckon it was the start of a real friendship for them, which was very difficult for Lisbeth.

I enjoyed this book equally as much as the other two - it was a real page turner I couldn't bear to put down.

message 6: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Shelli wrote: "LOVED it....IMO a great way for the series to end...yes I would have liked more...but I'm ok with this....the books just got better and better for me.
IMO Mikael and Lizbeth ending up together was..."

I guess this was confusing...I didn't think they ended up together either...

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I finished it yesterday and loved it. I also don't think Lisbeth and Blomkvist will get together. I think she reacted the way she did to him was because he was her first proper friend that knew everything about her. She had Miranda and the guy in Spain but they didn't no much about her. She met Blomkvist and he could read her and figured out she had a photographic memory and then he ended up knowing pretty much everything. I think Steig would have left them as friends, at least for a while. Who knew what he had in mind? I loved how they exposed everything and brought down all of the people that were responsible for everything that happened to Lisbeth. She finally got her revenge but she was too messed up to enjoy it. I can't imagine she would ever really let herself be comfortable around a person ever. I felt bad for her because she seemed so lonely and i wonder how she would have been if she had had a normal childhood.

message 8: by Shelli (new)

Shelli "Her first proper friend...".....that's perfect Jo!

message 9: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) I agree with maggie I don't see them as getting together . but back to being friends.

I liked the book I agree with diane that it didn't have me gripped and not wanting to put the book down for the majority of the first half of the book and was slow going . May have not bothered if i had not read the other two but it got better and glad that lisbeth hhad people stand up for her

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I read an article yesterday that said Stieg's girlfriend will be finishing the fourth book and publishing it once she gets the green light from Steig's father and brother. She said she helped him write the books and he wrote the first 200 pages of the fourth book so she will finish it.

message 11: by Shelli (new)

Shelli That's very interesting info Jo...thanks!

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Oh wow! Will be looking forward to that.

message 13: by Afsana (new)

Afsana (afsanaz) Jo wrote: "I read an article yesterday that said Stieg's girlfriend will be finishing the fourth book and publishing it once she gets the green light from Steig's father and brother. She said she helped him w..."

I can't see them allowing her to considering how difficult she is

also if she also helped why didn't he give her any credit because if h had she would haver rights

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Yeah it definitely won't be straight forward at all. We will have to wait and see how it turns out!