Interracial and African American Paranormal discussion

34 views
Random KINDLE question

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 65 comments I have a Kindle and I want to say yes. Does the PC version have a library? If so then I think you will have to connect it to your PC then find the file with the digital documents and tranfer them over.


Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Deva wrote: "I have the Kindle app on my PC but I plan on buying a Kindle. Can the books be transferred from my Kindle app to my Kindle?"

I don't have an answer for you but sort of a question.

I plan on getting an Kindle sometime in the future. But I was wondering how does the Kindle for PC app work? Thanks!


Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Oh, maybe I shouldn't have asked, because this sounds way too tempting. lol

I'm still trying to get used to reading books on the computer. I read fan fic all the time but fan fic isn't usually as long as an average novel though.

Thank you so much! :)


Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Deva wrote: "It's very easy, rainlily. You download the free app and it works exactly like a Kindle. Amazon will automatically connect your PC app to amazon.com so when you buy books there for a Kindle, they wi..."

You've convinced me to download the Kindle App for PC. I'm going to do it now. lol

Thanks! :)


message 5: by Troysmom09 (new)

Troysmom09 | 103 comments If you have a blackberry or android you can have the same app on your phone. I can't imagine my life before I had kindle on my phone...shudder...


Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Yea, I saw that! :) Don't have either right now. Hoping to get a BB in the future though. Thanks! :)


message 7: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) | 0 comments I have decided on nook for myself. I hope it will be worth it. I mean I don't want to get it and then in the next six months a faster cheaper version comes out.


message 8: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 65 comments I think you will like the nook Jo. I know a few people that have them and like them. But something is bound to come out that's better, that's the way with technology. But I still think you will enjoy it for a few years. I have a Sony Reader too (along with my Kindle). I use them both. I got my Sony a year ago and my Kindle this year. I also have my blackberry that I use to download free books from B&N.


message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 35 comments dumb question

If I were to buy an ebook from an author's website, or any place other than amazon, would I still be able to download it to a kindle whenever I get one?


message 10: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 65 comments No it not dumb at all. There are a lot of formats for readers. You have to make sure it states it compatible with Kindle. And I don't think many of them are. I haven't tried to download a PDF file (which a lot of sites have this format) to my Kindle yet. I have a Sony Reader and since I'm so use to it I just download PDF files to that one to read. I'll have to try it with Kindle. But long as it formatted for Kindle you should be able to download.


message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 35 comments Tina wrote: "No it not dumb at all. There are a lot of formats for readers. You have to make sure it states it compatible with Kindle. And I don't think many of them are. I haven't tried to download a PDF file ..."

Thanks Tina! Would you say more ebooks are compatible with a Sony reader than the Kindle?


message 12: by Tara (box5angel) (new)

Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments I don't have an answer for you on that question but on QVC this past weekend they were selling a Sony E-Reader for $179.95 and they were buying them up.

I still have my heart set on a Kindle but I don't know I might have to do more research. lol


message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 35 comments Well, in the end I guess I have my heart set on a kindle too. I'm sure amazon has enough e-books to keep busy. This is why I'll also prefer my old faithful paperbacks. You can just go get one, and not worry about glare and compatibility issues, LOL!


message 14: by ☺~Tina~☺ (last edited Oct 25, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 65 comments Michelle wrote: "Tina wrote: "No it not dumb at all. There are a lot of formats for readers. You have to make sure it states it compatible with Kindle. And I don't think many of them are. I haven't tried to downloa..."

Yes more are compatible with the Sony. Because other than PDF files I can get my ebooks from almost any other website that sells them because Sony will also let you tranfer over Adobe Digital Editions. I can also download ebooks from the library.

I really like them both. I like the Kindle a tad more because most times the books are cheaper with Amazon anyway. Also, you can download your books from Amazon anywhere. Whereas with the Sony your have to connect to your computer. Also, I never bought my books from Sony bookstore because they are WAY more expensive than the other site. I got my books from the ebook store, Kobo, just about anywhere would do for the Sony Reader.

So I'm no use really because I have both of them and I use both of them equally. You can get into a lot of trouble with that one click purchase for Amazon lol.

You just have to decide what features you want more and pick one. If I HAD to pick, I would probably pick my Kindle. Due to the ease of buy, the prices are cheaper, they have a niffy like dictionary feature (all you have to do is move the curser to the word and the meaning pops up, you can do audiobooks, though I don't care for them. It has a text to speech feature that you can use if you want (for some books), even if the book is not audio.

I don't really like buying paperbooks. Because of the material I'm reading. Plus I don't want to store all those books. I've read over 300 books in just one year, I would hate to have to deal with those things.
We are already swimming in DVD's my husband would kill me if we had to find storage for one more of my hobbies.


message 15: by Tara (box5angel) (new)

Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Deva wrote: "I'm going to stick to my first WANT ... And that is a Kindle.

Sony E-Reader:
Pros

* Touch screen!
* Sleeker than the Kindle 2
* Can display and zoom both PDF and Word files
* Buil..."


Thanks for making a list of pros/cons for each one. I think I'm sticking with the Kindle. I wish the Kindle did have the support for PDF files though. And no removable battery. I know I read that the battery can be used for up to two weeks without recharging but the battery will eventually die one day won't it, where it would have to be replaced? I don't get it. How would that work with getting a new one? I also wish it had a built-in LED light. There is nothing like reading in bed at night with the lights off. I know they sell a light that attaches to the Kindle though. I know these are cons that I'm talking about but I'll still go for the Kindle. lol


message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 35 comments Yeah Deva! Thanks for making that list. Thanks Tina. You're comment about storing your "hobby" hit home with me, LOL!


message 17: by ☺~Tina~☺ (new)

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 65 comments Deva wrote: "I finally bought my Kindle last night. I have Kindle for PC but thankfully, Amazon made it easy to wireless transfer all my books from my PC Kindle to my handheld. No charge, just make sure you're ..."

Both of them blink to turn the page. I wonder if the other readers to that? I think ipad looks like a page turning.


message 18: by Tara (box5angel) (new)

Tara (box5angel) (bizzeereading) | 120 comments Congratulations! :)

I heard about the blinking but I did read that you do get used to it after a while.


message 19: by CheeseAssasin (new)

CheeseAssasin (makefetch) | 78 comments My husband ordered the Kindle Fire the other day so I am counting down the days until it is finally released.


 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 200 comments I love my Kindle. I will probably buy a Fire next year.


message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina Ditto on the Kindle love. I am still debating about the Fire b/c frankly I have an iPad and although I am a satisfied Amazon customer, I don't really need another tablet. Like Deva, I don't use the iPad to read. I will definitely get a Kindle Touch though.


message 22: by CheeseAssasin (new)

CheeseAssasin (makefetch) | 78 comments One reason I want the Fire is for my kids. Heavily illustrated children's books just look better in color. I'm also unhappy with my new smartphone (why did I give up my iPhone?) so I'll probably use it for browsing too.


 Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 200 comments I don't have a tablet, so the Fire will be my foray into the touchpad technology. I can't really think of any objections with that low a price, and a familiarity with Kindle tech.


back to top