Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Children's Books > Captain Underpants

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments I finally read The Adventures of Captain Underpants and really loved it! I know that it is a frequently challenged book for naughty kid-language, but my students love it and I can't keep the books on the shelves. Have you guys read this series?

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl  (cherylllr) My 14 yo son loved them years ago. I had no problem with them. He is a better reader now!

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments I just read The Adventures Of Super Diaper Baby as well and I really think it was a fun addition. I can't wait to pick up The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future next!

message 4: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 136 comments My 9 yr old son loves these, I'm thinking about picking up The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future by Dav Pilkey The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future for him to read too.

message 5: by ☼Bookish (new)

☼Bookish in Virginia☼  (ren_t) Love Dav Pilkey! He is a master at engaging kid readers.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie S. I loved Dav Pilkey as a youngun, and even though I am a bit older, I may have to read The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future.

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie S. I just read The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future and loved it.

message 8: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I just read the whole series and I loved them all! It not only is really popular with kids, but I found a bunch of great things within it to start discussions in the classroom. I am a big fan!

(As for the challenging- obviously these people do not have a sense of humor.)