RP's4Every1<3 discussion

Indians > Indian RP

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn strung his bow, looking out at the horizon, watching the clouds dance across the sky. They promised rain, something the land had needed for a while.

His black hair was pulled back from his face, but a few strands whipped in the steadily increasing wind.

((is this okay to jump in?))

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm jumping in anyway :P, if you need to, you can delete these))

Leo watched the clouds while her younger sister, Abequa picked berries, storing them in a wicker basket Leo had whittled just days before.

Leo hoped for rain. She wished for it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

((Do these two know each other by name?))

Leo sighed under her breath and motioned for Abequa to stay quiet. She watched the girl approach.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

((I figured they wouldn't be friends, but would know each other by name since they are both princesses))

"I can hear just fine," Leo sighed. "And what matter of yours is it where we pick berries?"

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"Freedom," Leo said steadily. "We'll be leaving now." Leo reached down for her sister's hand and looked up as the thunder rumbled. "Please accept our apologies, princess."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Leo nodded once in respect and turned on her heels, pulling her sister behind her.

--

Aborn watched the sky carefully when the thunder shook through his ribs. It wouldn't be long now. He could almost taste the rain.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure :), that's fine with me.))

Aborn pulled his quiver from his back, taking his time counting each of his arrows. His black hair whipped in this wind, but the breeze was cooling to his skin.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

((That's okay, and you're welcome. BTW, is this the same for the other Apache character you created, where he doesn't realize Freedom is in love with him?))

Aborn watched Freedom approach, his chest hitching a bit at the sight of her. The wind blew her hair around, making him think he might have fallen asleep and was dreaming.

"Hello, Freedom. How are you?" he asked, noting how oddly formal he sounded.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

((*taps computer screen* You still there?))

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

((I checked out the character profiles. I assume Aborn will take Rain's place in Freedom's heart? In Rain's profile, it said he didn't know Freedom loved him. I think it might be cuter if neither of them knows yet.))

"I'm well, Princess," Aborn said softly. "I'm waiting for the rain."

He clutched the strap of his quiver, trying to distract himself from Freedom's lovely face.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

((Since Freedom has a thing for Aborn, can Leo have a thing for Rain?))

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((It's okay.))

Aborn looked down to his bow and shook his head. "Patrolling," he answered. "What brings you out this far, princess?"

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn laughed, having a pretty good idea of who that might be. Leo always liked pushing the boundaries, which was why, as her cousin, Aborn was continually called in to keep her in line.

"I meant, what brings you here," he said carefully.

--

Leo and her sister arrived back at the village, tired but with a basket full of berries. The sky still threatened rain, but none had fallen yet.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

((Like, Aborn doesn't know Freedom loves him, but he knows he loves her, and vice versa. Is that cool?))

"I'm flattered, princess, that my whereabouts would interest you, but you know it's dangerous to be so close to the border, don't you?" Aborn tore his gaze from her face and watched the sky as it steadily darkened, leaving them cast in shadow.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((Of course, we could have them not realize their own feeling yet, and just have them know they think about the other one. Have them realize it a little later?))

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Great. Should make for some very cute interactions between them.))

Aborn took a step toward her before his mind could tell his feet not to move. He wanted her to stay. He didn't know why.

"It's not my place to say what you should or shouldn't do, princess." He sat back down on the ground. "You don't need my permission to stay if you wish."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn watched the sky instead of Freedom, though he preferred her face to the clouds.

"Yes. It has been too long since we had rain," he said. "I can smell it in the air." He turned to look at her. "Can't you smell it? That crisp bite to the air."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn raised an eyebrow, grinning at her flushed cheeks. "Odd, princess," he said lightly. "I was thinking the same thing about you."

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((*yawns* 'Night. I'll be on tomorrow.))

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes," Aborn said slowly. "Perhaps you should." Though as he said the words, he knew he didn't want her to leave. He wanted her to wait for the rain with him. "You should take shelter before the rain falls, princess."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

((Morning. I meant to say that earlier :P.))

Aborn's breath caught in his throat when Freedom kissed his cheek. He watched her, wide-eyed, for a moment. He opened his mouth to reply as she stood.

The sky opened, and the heavens poured down on them. It was a sign, Aborn thought. There was something about Freedom.

"I suppose we waited too long," Aborn said teasingly, shaking the falling rain from his hair.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

((That's okay. I was NaNoing into the wee hours of the morning.))

Aborn watched her smile, watched the rain kiss her cheeks, wishing he could be the rain . . . wishing he could make her smile like that.

"Only if you wish to," he said carefully.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hehe. That's fine.))

Aborn watched her mouth turn into a smile. The rain hit her dark hair, clinging it to her skin. Before he could think, he reached over and pushed a strand of it away from her face.

He quickly pulled back and turned his face the clouds.

"The crops will be better for this," he said, trying to stay on safe topics.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

The rain continued to fall, blanketing the ground in a coat of life-giving water. Aborn had waited for the rain for so long. He leaned back on his elbows and tipped his head back, holding his mouth open to catch some of the falling rain on his tongue.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn cut his eyes at her and grinned. "Try it," he said. "It's fun. I promise I won't tease you."

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"I usually am," Aborn teased, watching her while her head was still tilted back. There was something so innocent about her. It made him smile.

--

Leo unloaded the berries, and Abequa took off to play with her friends. As she wiped her hands on her apron, she spied him across the way. Rain. Fitting, she thought, since it had started raining only moments ago.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Perhaps we should head back," Aborn said with a frown. As much as he liked the rain, he didn't want Freedom to get sick from being out here so long.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Alone, Aborn thought. He liked the sound of that, but he wasn't supposed to.

"Careful, princess," he said softly. "There are eyes and ears everywhere." Aborn looked down to his feet and plucked a tiny white flower from the ground, handing it to Freedom. "But I would like that," he whispered, letting his breath warm her ear.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

At the feel of her lips against his skin, Aborn had to employ all his self-control not to take her in his arms and kiss her in the rain. It would be terribly romantic . . . to kiss her in the rain.

"Until tonight," he agreed, hoping tonight would come quickly.

--

Leo watched Rain, wondering what he was thinking, what he was feeling. She watched his dark hair fall over his eyes and his perfect mouth twitch into a grin. She wished she could be the source of that grin.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

((Sure. Where should they meet? Back at the perimeter?))

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn stood nervously, pacing back and forth, wondering if Freedom would really show. He bit his lower lip, thinking back on that afternoon, watching the rain fall on her. The rain had since stopped, but the ground was wet and the air smelled fresh and clean.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

A smile stretched across Aborn's face at the sight of Freedom. The wind whipped through her dark hair, making him hold his breath.

"You came," he said, still smiling. "I didn't think you would."

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn laughed and slowly brought his arms around her. Her enthusiasm caught him off guard, but he wasn't going to question it.

"I'm glad you came," he whispered into her hair. "Would it be too forward to say I thought of you all day?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn inhaled the scent of her hair, pulling her closer. "That's good to know," he said lightly, pulling back to look at her face. "I brought you something."

He walked back to where he'd dropped his things earlier, and pulled out a cloth he'd wrapped a few berries in.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn nodded, feeling suddenly very nervous. He and Freedom had talked before, but this felt different. He wasn't sure why, but he couldn't stop looking at her.

"How was your day?" he asked.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"Is that so?" Aborn asked, a light edge to his voice. Was she flirting with him? He couldn't be sure. But he hoped she was.

He pointed behind him to the tarp he'd brought from his place. The ground was still wet, but the tarp would keep them dry if they wanted to sit.

"Shall we?" he asked.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn smiled at her. He never expected her to be so . . . adorable.

He sat on the tarp and patted the spot next to him, looking up to meet her eyes.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn tensed when Freedom leaned against him; not because he didn't want her to . . . but because he never expected her to.

They were from warring tribes. They shouldn't even be sitting here right now. But wasn't planning to leave if she was content to stay.

"Isn't the sunset much more beautiful after the rain?" he asked, pointing up to the sky. "See that rainbow?"

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn looked over at her, his brow wrinkled with confusion. "Why is that?" he asked, wondering if he was overstepping his boundaries.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"What a sad way to live," Aborn said. "We Apaches avoid war, though your tribe wouldn't know it. We seek peace, yet the land is far too valuable for the Elders to walk away from."

He looked at her when she sighed, thinking it was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.

"What of yourself?" he asked. "Do you live for the war?"

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

((Did you forget about me? :P))

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Aborn watched her carefully, wondering if he'd said the wrong thing.

"I meant not offense, princess."