Q&A with Cinda Williams Chima discussion

Welcome

Comments Showing 1-50 of 115 (115 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Cinda (new)

Cinda (weirweaver) | 155 comments Mod
Thank you all so much for joining the group. I will be back on October 11 to start the discussion. In the meantime, feel free to introduce yourself!

message 2: by Sab H. (new)

Sab H.  (YA Bliss) (sabh) | 4 comments Hey Cinda! I'm Sab and I cant wait for book 3 in the Seven Realms!

message 3: by Athena (new)

Athena (athena01) Hi Cinda! I'm Athena and i really love the Heir Chronicles!!!

message 4: by meleah (new)

meleah (meleahreads) Hi! I've loved all of your books so far. I just picked up The Exiled Queen yesterday and am really excited to get started. Thanks for taking the time to share insights with us.

message 5: by Cinda (new)

Welcome, everyone! Looking forward to hanging with you all.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (aaammmyyy) Hi Ms. Chima, I was ecstatic to see that The Exiled Queen was #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers List today! Just wanted to say congratulations and that I'm reading it right now and loving everything so far! :D

message 7: by Cinda (new)

Hi, Amy, thanks, I'm thrilled, too! Where did you see it?

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (aaammmyyy) I saw it on the New York Times website, in their bestseller section! :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/boo...

message 9: by Cinda (new)

Lovely to see it digitally--makes it seem totally real. Thank you.

message 10: by Nels (new)

Nels Paulson | 159 comments Hi all, I am Nels. Thanks for your books. Each series you write seems to get better and each book has been an enjoy to read. I hope I can learn something here.

message 11: by Cinda (new)

Thanks, Nels!

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Kathryn Hi Ms. Chima! I'm Nicole and an avid reader of your books! I just bought The Exiled Queen and can't wait to get started!

message 13: by Cinda (new)

Hope you enjoy! CWC

message 14: by Ephraim (new)

Ephraim (Tallerine7) Hello Cinda, my name is Ephraim. I found Demon King at Barnes & Nobles. I just finished Exiled Queen. I was really shocked when Han and Rasia fell in love, I thought was great though.

message 15: by Cinda (new)

Hi, Ephraim, shocked in a good way or a bad way? Glad you liked it.

message 16: by Ephraim (new)

Ephraim (Tallerine7) I loved it!!! Can't wait to see how it works out. Or what happens when she tells him.

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (soldiergirl) Hey Cinda. I stumbled across your Heir series in the bookstore and have since read them twice. I just re-read The Demon King in preparation for The Exiled Queen, and I think they're both great. I love how you took the story out of the city and into a school setting in Exiled Queen. I especially enjoyed that Raisa rose to the challenge of the warrior school. Can't wait to see what happens in the next book- you sure kept me guessing about Crow's identity in EQ. Every time I thought I knew who he was, something changed! And I'm eager to see what happens to Raisa now that she's on her own...and when Han finds out who she REALLY is! :)

message 18: by Ephraim (new)

Ephraim (Tallerine7) Jen wrote: "Hey Cinda. I stumbled across your Heir series in the bookstore and have since read them twice. I just re-read The Demon King in preparation for The Exiled Queen, and I think they're both great. I l..."

How do you think it's gonna work out.

message 19: by Cinda (new)

Jen, thanks for the kind words. Glad I could keep you guessing a bit. MUCH will be revealed in the first few chapters of The Gray Wolf Throne.

CWC

message 20: by Arvind (new)

Arvind | 15 comments So, in that case, when will the first chapter of the GWT be released..............
or the cover art
loved how powerful the centerpieces were in the previous two books
It was one that immediately caught my eye
who came up with the idea for it though?
I know the history, I read the post, but still whoose spark of ingenuity was such a masterpiece

message 21: by Arvind (new)

Arvind | 15 comments Also, what is it like to be so admired among such an intellectual community, such as the people on this site

I'm going to bet it doesn't feel any different
If an aspiring author ever becomes published than I bet it'll feel normal, but until then........ ARGGHH

message 22: by Cinda (new)

Arvind, the cover art for GWT (the ARC anyway) should be out sometime this month. My editor asked me not to post it until it is final final. I have been showing it at my school visits down here in Texas. I think you will like it. The decisions on covers usually start with a conversation between me and my editor--what would work well--what powerful object represents the theme of the book. The book designer gets involved and sketches out an idea. Then it goes to an illustrator--for my books, it has been Larry Rostant, a British illustrator. See www.larryrostant.com.
As for your second question, I never even hoped to be admired among the intellectual community!

message 23: by Arvind (new)

Arvind | 15 comments What!!! how can I wait 11 days (max).....!!!!!!
Wonder what the centerpiece is going to be.... a throne.
Whatever it is I'm sure its going to be worth the wait

message 24: by Cuffs (new)

Cuffs | 3 comments Will you have beta testers for your new books cuz I would love to be one

message 25: by Garrett (new)

Garrett | 1 comments @cuffs well that makes two of us ;D love your boks !!

message 26: by Martijn (new)

Martijn | 211 comments Hello everyone,

Just read the second book, LOVE IT!!!.
Found out about this site when looking for the third. Hoping to help you with my theory of the story

message 27: by Kendra (last edited Jun 26, 2011 01:59PM) (new)

Kendra (madamejade) | 557 comments I'm number three now @Garrett and Cuffs Alister

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) | 621 comments Hi, I'm Sam, Sam I am.
Loved your books! Loved them so much, my library told me I can't check them out anymore, because of a limit or something. So mean.
So I saved my library from my obsessive book reading and took it upon myself to buy all of your books, so I could enjoy them forever.
You are on my top 3 favorite authors list, right along with Rick Riordan and Anthony Harowitz. I read so much that it is very hard to get on my top 3, and so uber kudos to you!

message 29: by Cinda (new)

Sam, I'm honored to be among your top three! Amid such stellar company.

message 30: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Zhou (kazuto) | 137 comments Hi Cinda im Jackie i love all your book the series is so awesome i can't wait for more

message 31: by Cinda (new)

Thnks, Jackie!

message 32: by Allison (new)

Allison (zomltrow) | 510 comments Hey Cinda I have a question about the seven realms books that only the author can TRULY answer :) How do you pronounce Raisa's name? We've been debating this... ("We" as in my sister and I)

message 33: by Cinda (new)

Hey, Allison. It's pronounced Ray-sa. I had to figure all that out for the audio book people, too!

message 34: by Allison (new)

Allison (zomltrow) | 510 comments Thanks so much! I love the seven realms books!! Can't wait for Crimson Crown! :)

message 35: by Christina (new)

Christina (regalladysnow) | 3 comments Do you happen to have a list of all of the pronunciations of the character's names for the Seven Realms Quartet? Not that all of the names are giving me trouble, but there are some that I would like confirmation on.

message 36: by Cinda (new)

Christina, no, there is no list. If there is any in particular you're wondering about can try to explain. I spent an hour on the phone with the audio book people so if you listen to those they should be correct.

message 37: by Christina (new)

Christina (regalladysnow) | 3 comments Thanks! I'll go check out those audio books ASAP.

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) | 621 comments Haha that happens to my friends and I when we read a book, we are always debating how to say the names.

message 39: by Micah (new)

Micah (micpegu) will you be coming to Dallas soon?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Ms. Chima, I'm not really new to your group and I first read your books a long time ago, but i still love them. I am very excited about The Crimson Crown. Can't wait to find out what happens to Raisa and Han!! I love Han as a character btw, he's just so amazing. Thank you for writing these books for us all!

message 41: by Carlos' (last edited May 09, 2012 06:52AM) (new)

Carlos' ThePhantomReader (ThePhantomReader) | 6 comments Hi Ms. Chima, you really bewitched me with this saga, i spend the last 2 month reading without stop your book, they are very awesome, i cant wait to know what happen with Han and Crow, i only hope Han and Raisa don't end bad. I really Really look forward to October 23rd 2012. Thanks for your hard word and may God Bless your imagination and creativity, for the great world you drive us in, hope we can keep enjoying your writing. It would be great if you make a audiobook from Crimson, i mean like one chapter, i would like to hear how you present each character. Thanks Again and looking forward to October 23rd 2012. AH The Heir Saga are individually or they are a continuation?

message 42: by Konrad (new)

Konrad (darkmodernsky) | 1 comments Hello CWC
I love Your SR series
Sometimes i go to the library to pick a random book, and i took the Demon King book for its cover, and thought why not try it maybe it could keep me occupied but
then when i read the first chapters it took my interest and after a few more pages i was so mesmerized that i couldn't stop reading but then i had to take a break after 13 hours of constant reading.
So within 2 weeks i was done with the three SR books.
Cant wait for the CC.

message 43: by Raafia (new)

Raafia | 1 comments Hi Miss Chima. I love your Seven Realms series and I've also just started reading the Heir chronicles. All the characters are so AWESOME!

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) | 621 comments Hello new peoples, hope you enjoy our interesing-and mostly off topic-discussions!

message 45: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) | 621 comments Hi!

message 46: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (madamejade) | 557 comments You know, you can call her Raisa now.

message 47: by Sam (new)

Sam (sam_ekberg) | 621 comments Um.

message 48: by Lyza (new)

Lyza (lyzak) | 7 comments Hi, I'm Lyza and I love this seiries!

message 49: by Cinda (new)

Thanks, Lyza!

message 50: by Michelle (last edited Oct 03, 2012 08:46PM) (new)

Michelle | 1 comments Hi Ms. Chima. My name is Michelle and I just wanted to say what a huge fan I am of your Seven Realms series. I'm twenty-two and have read my fair share of teen novels (while I love many genres I don't think I'll ever stop shopping in the young adult section) but very few are in your league. Your characters always jump off the page and your plot never fails to be engaging. Thank you so much for sharing your talent :)

« previous 1 3