The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > new from over the water

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Ascroft | 16 comments Hi! As the subject line says I'm across the pond in Britain - Northern Ireland to be exact. I love to read - especially historical fiction and would love more hours in the day to read everything on my list(the list is just in my head - never got time to write it down yet)!

Dianne Ascroft, 'Hitler and Mars Bars'
www.geocities.com/dianne_ascroft

message 2: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Welcome! I am also a big Historical Fiction fan. I will be browsing your list! :)

message 3: by Macy (new)

Macy | 155 comments Welcome! I too love to read historical fiction - can't wait to look through your list. I am also in love with Ireland - it's my favorite place to visit and I'd love to live there some day.

message 4: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Hello Diane from across the smaller pond! I'm in Manchester, England. Welcome to the group!

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
Hi Diane,, thanks so much for joining. You will be sure to find plenty more novels to add to your list (in your head or otherwise) but dont expect any extra time to read them all....

This site will keep you super busy....

message 6: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Ascroft | 16 comments Thanks everyone! I think I will enjoy it here.

Kirsty - good to see someone from this side of the pond here! The Irish Sea is a very small pond.

Macy - hope your dream comes true one day. I'm originally Canadian and always wanted to come to Ireland. So one day, back in 1990, I did. I came over, got a job and settled in. I didn't know if I'd stay longterm or not but here I am almost 18 years later, still here and married to an Irish man. Guess I will be staying now...

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hi Dianne,what part of Canada were you from?

message 8: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Hey I have an Irish Canadian best friend , she lives in Maui now though.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Haha,Scott,what's her name maybe one of us knows her.... :)

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10123 comments Mod
oh that was too funny Sherry....

message 11: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Ascroft | 16 comments I'm originally from Toronto, Sherry. I lived there all my life (except 4 years at university in Windsor, Ontario) until I moved to Britain in 1990. My mother moved to Fergus/Elora, Ontario several years ago and I enjoyed visited that
town(s) when she was there - it was so small and friendly.

message 12: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) He he he he Sherry! LOL

message 13: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments your a hoot Sherry a real hoot .......