Zombies! discussion

Other Media > Zombie Games

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Brandon | 34 comments Mod
What are your favorite zombie themed games and what are you looking forward to that is coming out soon?

message 2: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

The reason I bought an Xbox 360 was for Dead Rising. What is not to love about being trapped in a mall and being able to use anything to kill zombies! I am looking forward to Resident Evil 5 and Possession.

message 3: by Trevor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) | 40 comments I have a Wii and got into Resident Evil 4 having never played it on GCN or PS2 -- it was amazing. The zombie/survival horror games are what's making me want to pick up a 360, though. I second Res Evil 5, Dead Rising (I bet I could get that used for less $!), and from what EGM has said about Silent Hill 5, it's gonna be another truly scary gaming experience.

message 4: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments @ Brandon - Dead Rising was also a big reason for me to get a 360, but I must have been forced to restart at least 5 times.

Has anyone checked out the online games Dead Awaken or Urban Dead? Also, there are some cool zombie apocalypse simulators online.

message 5: by Girly (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:29PM) (new)

Girly (girlygrr) | 21 comments Jeez, IF ONLY I had time to play and the money. Just being able to play Oblivion in spurts makes me happy.

I've been playing the Shivering Isles and got to unleash the undead on a couple of people trapped in a room. They need to make an apocalyptic zombie game just like Oblivion.

message 6: by Brandon (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

I would suggest Silent Hill 2 (if it is out for the Xbox). That one was pretty freaky!

message 7: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments @Brianna

Fatal Frame 1 or 2
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

message 8: by Trevor (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Trevor (trevoroakley) | 40 comments I played Dead Awaken for a few months last year. I enjoyed it a lot but it got a little repetitive with the graveyard searching. Plus the whole "hearts gathering" by checking out banner ads was a pain.

I'm looking forward to trying ExAnimus [http://www.exanimusthegame.com/] Sounds like it's got potential!

message 9: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:30PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments I thought Dead Awaken had pretty good variety, but you really needed to be active in the player community to get the full benefit. And that ended up being a time sink. ExAnimus sounds interested, though.

Other Zombie games I've liked were the Land of the Dead one (yes, I know), Stubbs the Zombie, and The Last Stand.

message 10: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments Terry - they made a game of COC?!?!?!?!?! Holy crap...how did I miss that??????

message 11: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments Yeah, it's pretty good, too. It doesn't use the COC rules set (although there are some cool insanity effects), though. It's a first person shooter that follows a cult from a raid on a compound, through their activities in Innsmouth, and beyond.

Actually, it's more of a first person action/adventure game than a shooter. It came out for the Xbox and PC and it's backwards compatible for the 360 (with occasional glitches).

message 12: by Mark (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Mark Not sure if you could call it a "zombie game", but most of the enemies in Bioshock, called "splicers", are essentially zombies created by too much genetic manipulation that has led to their deterioration.

Not to mention that Bioshock is a freakin incredible game. Guns + superpowers Vs. zombies = awesome.

message 13: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments Yes, Bioshock is awesome. I'd say the Big Daddies and Little Sisters are vaguely zombie like, too.

message 14: by Rob (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Rob McMonigal | 1 comments There's also the Zombies!!! series of board/card games where each player is fighting either to escape with their lives against cool plastic--sometimes glow in the dark!--zombies or to kill more zombies than anyone else.

And a new Zombie-version of the card game Fluxx is due in October.

-Rob

message 15: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:45PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments Trebro - you may be talking about what my friend was telling me about the other day. She said it's a zombie board game with these tiles and there are cards where you can get weapons or put zombies on someone else. You win the game by killing 25 zombies or making it to the helipad. Is that the same one you're talking about? If so, is it fun?

If not, does anyone know the game she was talking about?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what Trebro is talking about. There are also expansion packs with different event cards and zombies.

It's pretty fun. My wife and I have played it five or six times by ourselves.

message 17: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:53PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments The Dead Island website is up.

message 18: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments Has anyone read the awesome walkthrough Something Awful has for Dead Rising?

message 19: by Christen (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Christen | 41 comments MSN is copying off us...here's a fun zombie video game article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21352616/

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Being in the PRESENCE of zombies in _Dead Rising_ is actually rather hard. Not hard if you're trying to be BIT, but hard if you're trying NOT to be bit. Or be in the presence of zombies.

That game is hard. I put it aside for a while until I want to try fighting my way through f***ing WALLS of undead bitey things.

message 21: by Terry (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Terry (tbosky) | 58 comments Don't think I've posted this yet: http://www.gamecouch.com/features/200...

message 22: by Randy (new)

Randy | 36 comments Didn't want to start a new thread, but I haven't seen anybody post this zombie game yet:

http://artscool.cfa.cmu.edu/~lee/dean...

Been playing this stupid thing for a year now and I always go back to it.

message 23: by Angie (new)

Angie | 118 comments Ok Randy.. that was cool! I haven't seen that one before. fun! one of my favorite games of all time is Doom... I remember when the first one came out on PC... BFG!

message 24: by Mircea (new)

Mircea (Skee) | 3 comments I've been playing Urban Dead (urbandead.com) for a few weeks now, it's pretty fun. I'm alternating between a zombie and a harman... er, human.

Heh, funny thing. When zombies in Urban Dead "buy" a skill called Death Rattle, they become able to speak, but using only the letters a, b, g, h, m, n, r and z and some punctuation symbols.
mah zambah barg harmanz brahnz grh barbaga zaarz.
(my zombie eats human brains with barbecue sauce)