Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Dorothy Parker & The Marriott Algonquin

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments It's seems like a bit of a comedown, but the hotel itself is unlikely to change much, Sarah. The interior decorations of the lobby, bar, and restaurant are landmark protected, and after a lot of renovation/restoration work about 10 years ago, the place now looks pretty spiffy--although a martini will set you back $12.

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Sep 21, 2010 09:24AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments OK, good to hear. The protected bit, not the $12 martini.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Damn. That looks like a cool lobby. I want to curl up in the corner and read in one of chairs.

message 5: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7137 comments I would like to live there. I walked by the Algonquin when we went on the July Broadway trip, looks very cool.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I wish I hadn't missed the boat on cool hotels loaded with artists. I would have liked to hang out in the Chelsea hotel too.

message 7: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The Chelsea is still there--the building that is--but now it's mostly condo apartments filled with poser Yuppie art collectors, not artists.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Oh, man, that place is gorgeous! I love Robert Benchley. Some day, I'm going to New York, and I'm going there, and the library with the lions out front, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. :)

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart :(

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.