The Infernal Devices discussion

The love...shape...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments it's not a triangle... because Jem likes Tessa, but Tessa only likes Will

But Sophia likes Jem... but Thomas likes Sohia

right? it's just like a Y

message 2: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments well sophia and thomas love story ended pretty fast, what shape would that make?

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie Lol, I thought it was more of a long line
Thomas likes Sophia who likes Jem who likes Tessa who likes Will who likes... Tessa probs

message 4: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments I'll go with the pentagon then, since there are 5 persons concern,,,but then i can't put Will on top, since its not clear what he really felt for Tessa.

what a dilemma.

I'm having troubles with shapes, haha who knows they can be this confusing... ;)

message 5: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 353 comments Mod
it is a triangle

she has sort of feeling toward both

they both like her

the others are third characters they dont count

message 6: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments haha poor sophia and thomas,,but yeah I agree. thomas is dead anyway, no point in discussing a love story of a non existing partner.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. maybe jem WILL end up with sophia. unless. . . he dies. :'( I'm Team JEm but I hope he at least gets A CHANCE with Tessa. Probably won't, though.

message 8: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments why not go with Will and Jem, they seems to be a perfect couple, haha they have a lot in common,,,take the Duck for example, they both feel strongly towards Ducks more than anyone..
;)
no seriously at least let Jem lived longer than predicted. Tessa cares about him, so as Will. I think he even cares more for Jem than Tessa, as of now.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

plus, if jem dies, will might feel too depressed to even care fore tessa. OR will might be so depressed he'll want tessa even more. hmmm. . . should jem die???
what am i saying?! i don't want jem to die! I'm Team Jem for crying out loud! and why am i having an argument with myself?!

message 10: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments so everyone will end up dieing....

message 11: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments looks like it, lol.
maybe in the afterlife they'll still be with each other, and Will and his sarcasm will annoy the Angels in heaven, and they'll realized that their better off on earth.

I have another couple that I like in CA, Henry and Charlotte, I'm amazed with this couple

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

but, didn't charlotte just marry henry for convenience??

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments he married her for convenience.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah. that's what i said.

message 15: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments u said the opposite

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

oh
right
tee hee

message 17: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments that's what Jessamine said to Tessa, and she's known for being one sided all the time, she see's things in her own perspective without consideration, but really, do you think that's true, cause the book tells a different story between the two, they seemed to really care for each other.

message 18: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments well...henry is a bit distractable.

message 19: by Kiowe (new)

Kiowe lee | 19 comments yeah it seems like it, I really hope there be more about them in the up coming books.

message 20: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments yeah. they're intresting

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm sure there will be more info about them. i wouldn't worry about that.

message 22: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

Kiowe wrote: "looks like it, lol.
maybe in the afterlife they'll still be with each other, and Will and his sarcasm will annoy the Angels in heaven, and they'll realized that their better off on earth.

I have a..."

hahahahahahahaaa I love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) wrote: "Kiowe wrote: "looks like it, lol.
maybe in the afterlife they'll still be with each other, and Will and his sarcasm will annoy the Angels in heaven, and they'll realized that their better off on ea..."

HILARIOUS!

message 24: by Shel (new)

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments u do no that in both the MI and ID series 1 main character will die (1 in each) and an enemy from ID will be in MI not sure if its CFA, CLS, or CHF

message 25: by Shel (new)

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments who do u think the enemy is? what characetrs do you think will die?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

i don't even want to know who dies!!!!!!

message 27: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

i know

well technicly both Simon and Jace have already died

message 28: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 18 comments lol

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

WAT?!

message 30: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 39 comments Well that was a spoiler if you hadn't read CoG.
But yeah, both of them have died, but we know for sure that Tessa is still kicking as of CoG, I'm crossing my fingers that Will and Jem are as well.
I'm Team Will but he acted like an a*s in Clockwork Angel. We'll see how things go with Jem, but I'm still rooting for Will&Tessa.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

wait, i don't get it. why technically?

message 32: by Lora (new)

Lora Savchova (luxuria) | 39 comments SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ COG!

Because Simon died to become a vampire and Jace died in the end of CoG but Clary asked Raziel to bring him back. ;)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

RIIIIGHT. I forgot about that part. Man, I read it so long ago, I think I might have to read it again!

message 34: by Shel (new)

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments Jem's health gets worse through the series and in the last book his health is really bad and tessa is supposed to chose bettween the two and the other boy she isn't able to see again.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

*SOB* DON'T DIE, JEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments Shel wrote: "Jem's health gets worse through the series and in the last book his health is really bad and tessa is supposed to chose bettween the two and the other boy she isn't able to see again."

That is so tragic! I hope she chooses Jem!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually, i think she'll end up with Will. It'd be more interesting if she did.

message 38: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

i think she'll be with Jem he'll die (i dont want him to tho even if i am team Will) and then she"ll be with will

message 39: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

Lora wrote: "Well that was a spoiler if you hadn't read CoG.
But yeah, both of them have died, but we know for sure that Tessa is still kicking as of CoG, I'm crossing my fingers that Will and Jem are as well...."

Jem and Will will have died 145 years later unless they get bitten by a vamp or something

message 40: by Anna (last edited Dec 14, 2010 05:25PM) (new)

Anna I'm pretty sure Tessa has some feelings for Jem, or will develop some. They just aren't as obvious as her current feelings for Will.

The way I see it Jem likes Tessa, Will mostly likely likes Tessa but hides it for reasons that will be revealed, Tessa pretty much likes them both, and I think Thomas and Sophia belong to a whole other shape with Jem because so far I am seeing a triangle with the three main characters. Or maybe Thomas shouldn't be involved at all because he's no longer in the picture...

Damn, when Cassandra Clare said that the romance in ID would probably be more like love hexagons instead of love triangles she wasn't kidding!

All I know is that whoever Tessa ends up with almost doesn't matter considering they will be dead by the time MI takes place. I'm kind of wishing she wouldn't get with either of them just because its all around a depressing situation, especially because I don't even like Tessa/Jem OR Tessa/Will.

If she ends up with anyone though it will probably be with Will, because her feelings are so obvious and because we have seen this kind of relationship in Clare's books before. Though that might be the exact reason why she WON'T end up with Will.

message 41: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments I want her to end up with Jem, but that may just be because I always lean towards the tragic-doomed relationships. The more impossible, the more I love it... but really, a relationship with either of them is doomed, unless the one she ends up with turns into a vampire or something...like that will actually happen. haha.

message 42: by Anna (last edited Dec 14, 2010 08:29PM) (new)

Anna I kind of doubt anyone will be turned into a vampire and that would be really clique...

Though I have to admit, when first read ID I thought Will might turn into a vampire at some point during the later books because it was implied he made habit of biting vampires and that wasn't the first time he'd had to wallow in pain and holy water because of it... And if he does that enough he might just turn into one.

message 43: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments lol I loved it when he bit the vampire! Will can be soo funny.

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna I think he is hilarious! He has made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion.

And I chocked after Will tried to justify his biting the vampire and Jem said "I know. But really Will, AGAIN?". Oh those two...

message 45: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments lol yea.

message 46: by Moochi (new)

Moochi | 37 comments Wait-did someone say that Tessa was in CoG?

message 47: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments yea. At the end. Magnus was talking to her.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

yeeeup. and clary saw her but didn't know who she was or why they were dressed in victorian outfits.

message 49: by Amelle, The Shadowhunter (new)

but it does matter who it is in the end the same way it matters that Magnus and Alec are together now it matters that Tessa and whoever-it-may-be *cough* Will *cough* are together

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah they are. i keep picturing them as like in their thirties but they're in their twenties

« previous 1