Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

I-Team Novels > Hard Evidence (#2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mrs. (last edited Sep 20, 2010 06:58PM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments Julian Darcangelo and Tessa Novak

Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare

message 2: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments What can anyone say about Darcangelo? Wow - wow - wow!

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
**sigh**

message 4: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 61 comments Words fail me...:)

message 5: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
***sighs and wipes drool from chin***

message 6: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments I'm so glad you all like him so much. He's been a force to be reckoned with for me as a writer.

He kept popping up so much in UNLAWFUL CONTACT that I had to rein him in. My son said, "Mom, before you can write Marc's book, I think you're going to have to break up with Julian."

And he was right.

After I wrote this book, I thought I would never write another hero as worth of that title as Julian. So then I decided, "OK, that may be true. So just try to equal him."

That's my struggle.

message 7: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Sep 22, 2010 05:59PM) (new)

Pamela wrote: "My son said, "Mom, before you can write Marc's book, I think you're going to have to break up with Julian."

Out of the mouth's of babes...

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Pamela wrote: "I'm so glad you all like him so much. He's been a force to be reckoned with for me as a writer.

He kept popping up so much in UNLAWFUL CONTACT that I had to rein him in. My son said, "Mom, before..."

I'm in the beginning of Unlawful Contact and I love how sweet and protective Julian is with Sophie. If Tess didn't have her claim on him then she would have some major competition. He is soooo sigh-worthy! I'm hoping I feel as tempted by Hunt as I do Julian. Those are some mighty big shoes to fill!!
:)

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

You know, Marc is amazing, too. I can't decide between him and Julian.

message 10: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Hi, Jessa — I hope you end up feeling that way about Marc, too. He's pretty worthy in his own way. I'm very fond of him.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Hi, Pamela! Can I just say how cool it is to have the author surf her own book threads and jump in on the discussions. It is beyond awesome!

And, I'm sure I'll come to love Hunt as much as Reece and Julian. You have a great talent for writing very drool-worthy men!

Oh, one question....is marked&hunted@gmail.com a real email address? Had to ask. LOL

message 12: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Jessa ♥§♥metalgirl80♥§♥ wrote: "marked&hunted@gmail.com"

Heh. Heh. Heh. It is. I emailed it and got a reply :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Ooooh...thanks, Dhes! I'm on it!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Aw, man. I tried it and I keep getting a failure notice. :(

message 15: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Hi, Jessa,

Yes, it is a real email, though gmail wouldn't take the ampersand, so it's markedandhunted@gmail.com. I checked it for a while after the book came out, but no one used it. So I think I've been there once in the past two years. :-)

I love chatting with all of you and just hope my presence doesn't feel intrusive.

And thanks for your kind words! I do try. Drool-worthy men are what romance is all about.

message 16: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

I'm sorry about that, Pamela and Jessa. I didn't process that you had the "&" in there, Jessa. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

message 17: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Oct 08, 2010 03:38PM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Thanks, Pamela and Dhes. I'll try again!

I don't think your presence is intrusive at all, Pamela. It's exciting to know you're around and willing to discuss your books with the fans. I love it!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 176 comments Mod
Just started reading Hard Evidence. Already sucked in.

message 19: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Hurray! I love Julian! :-)

He has a special place in my heart.

I hope you enjoy it, Lady Danielle!

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Thanks, Pamela. I'll be honest and tell you that this book is already miles ahead of a lot of contemporary romance I read because there is substance to the story. I like that it's not just about how sexy the hero is or how cute the heroine is. Or how much they want to have sex. I appreciate that! I am intrigued at learning what brought them both to this point in their lives, and I am half in love with Julian because he seems like a real knight, be it in tarnished armor.

message 21: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Thanks so much for your kind words, Lady Danielle. That means a lot to me.

I've always believed that romance novels can be sexy and romantic and still be about something REAL. All of the I-Team books are based on things I investigation. There are definitely some reasons for why Julian and Tessa are where they are today.

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Thanks for writing your stories with both romance and authenticity. Sexual violence is a tough subject for me, and violence against women. I like to believe there are crusaders out there who fight against this, sometimes having to get their hands dirty, like Julian. I appreciate that you are writing about this in your books in a way that brings it to light and doesn't glorify it.

message 23: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Thank you! I've been open with both my fiction readers and newspaper readers that I was sexually assaulted at the age of 10, so it hits me hard too. That's why I became a journalist — largely out of a desire to write about women's issues, which was my focus for all 20 years of my journalism career. Sexual violence against children and women is terrible and life-shattering. Exposing it, raising awareness and creating a space for people to heal is important to me. And writing the books has been very therapeutic for me personally — bibliotherapy, my agent calls it.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (last edited Jun 20, 2012 10:39PM) (new)

I didn't get an update, so sorry for the late reply!

I'm so sorry for what you suffered, Pamela. My heart hurts for you and others who have gone through that. I applaud you that you help others out of love and understanding for what you went though. Helping others does take your mind off your own troubles.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

A very interesting coincidence: I used to work about 20 or so minutes from where Tessa grew up. Small world or what?

message 26: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Wow! That is a fun coincidence. I've always wondered if one day I'd hear from someone from Rosebud, TX.

And thank you for your kind words. :-)

I hope you enjoy the rest of Tess and Julian's story.

P.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (last edited Jun 20, 2012 10:41PM) (new)

Well, close enough. I used to work in Westphalia, a blink and you miss it township near Lott. I didn't live there, but I drove out there every day from the Austin area.

I'm loving it, Pamela!

message 28: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Amazing! I bet it's hot there in the summertime!

And I'm so glad to hear that, Lady Danielle!

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Josephine wrote: "I just downloaded the book, can't wait to starting this.....:O) "

Enjoy! I'm excited to hear your thoughts! :)

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

It's horribly hot here, Pamela. I love Texas, but not so much in the summer. Had to break down and turn on the AC.

Josephine, please let us know what you think!

message 31: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Yikes! It's only 11pm and I'm already having trouble keeping my eyes open!!!

Be sure and post your thoughts as you read. I'm looking forward to chatting with you about it.

message 32: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

LOL!! Night!

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

I live 7 miles from Rosebud, AR ☺

Josephine, you are in for a treat!

message 34: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

I'm going to go get my copy and reread it too.

message 35: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Josephine wrote: "Don't answer me back anymore, then I have to answer you, and then I can't read.....LOL"

Yep, that's the curse of Goodreads. I spend so much time here TALKING about books that I don't get to actually READ as much as I'd like to! LOL!

message 36: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

lol, well, I'm going to town for a bit so I won't be yakking.

message 37: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Jun 21, 2012 07:34AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "lol, well, I'm going to town for a bit so I won't be yakking."

Buy some great books!!! I can highly recommend Pamela Clare's stories ;)

message 38: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

lol. I'm going to work out and then my mom has some errands. I can't buy any books til I get back from my vacation next week. :(

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Oh, that's sad. I'll be thinking of you in your time of book buying famine.

message 40: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Thanks, Dhes!

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I live 7 miles from Rosebud, AR ☺

Josephine, you are in for a treat!"

Another happy coincidence!

message 42: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "lol, well, I'm going to town for a bit so I won't be yakking."

Have a nice vacation!

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

thanks ☺

message 44: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

LOL at Josephine. I'm in no hurry to read this book. Why? Because I am savoring it. There is so much substance here.

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

I finished this a little while ago. It was a five star read for me. Julian truly was a to die for hero, and I loved Tessa as well. I liked how they were both crusaders for what they believed in, just in different ways.

message 46: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Have a good night, Josephine!

message 47: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

lol, the book will still be there, hopefully ☺

message 48: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Oh neato! a party!!! Everyone! Josephine's house! Ah, what time we need to be there, Josephine? lol

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 25 comments Well, I have the last chapter and the epilog to read today of this book, and I am 100% in love with Julian! I do believe he may be the PERFECT hero...although I've yet to read one of PC's books that didn't have a perfect one! Julina will stay with me for along time and that certainly makes for an outstanding novel!

message 50: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Apr 17, 2013 06:22AM) (new)

Julian is all kinds of amazing, to be sure, but just wait til you read Mark's story! It's hard to choose...

« previous 1