Pamela Clare ~ Fan Group discussion

MacKinnon's Rangers Series > mmmmm MacKinnon's

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs. (last edited Sep 20, 2010 05:57PM) (new)

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 140 comments let's talk highlanders lassies....

Iain, Morgan and Connor MacKinnon

General discussion on the series

Spoiler free please

message 2: by Keri (new)

Keri (keri_45) | 12 comments Oh I love them all!

message 3: by Kathrynn (new)

Kathrynn Me, too! Big sigh.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (lucky47) | 6 comments I can see I'm going to LOVE reading about the lads wearing kilts. lol
Carol L.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 176 comments Mod
I love these books. Don't hit me, but I am a fan of Wentworth too. I love a good antihero/charismatic villain. :) I also love Joseph.

I am a big sucker for warrior/military heroes. :)

message 6: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 1381 comments Mod
If we're lucky, Erika, this won't be a trilogy!!! There's Joseph and, as Danielle said, Lord William Wentworth! Pamela said she'd love to write about them all, but it's only going to happen if Connor's story sells HUGE. Her publisher wants to see numbers before they'll let her write more than just these 3 books.

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Lady D, I'm so glad you like Wentworth. I absolutely adore Lord William. Writing his scenes is so fun. IF I get to write his book, he will be hero material for sure. I love warrior/military heroes, too.

Someone asked me once why I don't write male journalist heroes. And I think, "Huh?" I've worked with male journalists all my life, and some are hot. But they sit at a desk all day. Woo. Sexy.

Yes, UM, the Colonial setting isn't the rage and so I was almost 100 percent sure that I wouldn't get to write Connor's at all. Fortunately, I was wrong.

On that note, my editor at Berkley says she started getting calls almost as soon as I announced my new contract from people asking her whether I would be writing Connor's book. She said, "That's all they call it — Connor's book."

That was nice affirmation for her, I think, that she'd made a good decision to let me write at least his story.

Oh, I can't wait to start it. But I am enjoying some seriously sexy and dramatic moments right now with Zach and Natalie.

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Pamela wrote: "On that note, my editor at Berkley says she started getting calls almost as soon as I announced my new contract from people asking her whether I would be writing Connor's book. She said, "That's all they call it — Connor's book.""

If there's anything you can think that we can do, just let us know. We want Connor, Joseph, Lord William...

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Thanks, UM. That's very sweet. I'll definitely let you know. :-)

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Fingers crossed on your sales. I have a feeling you will do well, Pamela.

Wentworth's scenes are fun to read, so I bet they're lots of un to write.

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Wentworth reminds me of another favorite bad boy I love to hate - Jonas Wyatt!

message 12: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new)

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
I'm on the pro-Wentworth bandwagon. He's a seriously confused guy, but I think he's honorable at his base.

And I think he secretly wishes he were born a MacKinnon. ;^)

message 13: by Anne OK (new)

Anne OK (anne-ok) | 51 comments Wentworth keeps the pot stirred but I agree with Beanbag - I think he's probably an honorable guy when all is said and done.

message 14: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments UM, I've heard you mention Jonas Wyatt before. What book/series is he from?

Beanbag, Wentworth just needs to suffer. Then he'll get his priorities straight and things will work out better for him in the end. He does definitely admire the MacKinnon brothers, even if he would never put it that way.

Hi, AnneOK — He's a moral egoist at the moment. In other words, he does what suits his purpose, but he also cares for Annie very much and has a strong admiration for the MacKinnons such that he doesn't want any harm to come to them — other than that which he imparts. LOL!

message 15: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (last edited Sep 23, 2010 11:09AM) (new)

Pamela, he's from Lora Leigh's Breeds series. It's an erotic/pnr type series.

The Breeds are a human/animal hybrid governmental military experiment gone awry. LOL The Breeds are awesome "People" but they were created to be super warriors, killing machines. Jonas is ... anyone? What is his official title, I can't remember? Head of the Breeds Council? I'm drawing a blank right now. Anyway, he's manipulative, obstinate, underhanded, a very strong leader and sexy as hell. We finally got his book in April I think it was, Lion's Heat and the next installment comes out October 5th, Styx's Storm

So anyway, yeah... while reading Surrender I kept seeing Jonas. And as with all series, some of the books are better than others, but one of the first books to ever make me sob was Dawn's Awakening from this series.

message 16: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 21 comments If I had to choose just one secondary character to have their own story, it would be Joseph. *hint, hint, nudge, wink*

Jay Tavare is who I picture:

description

But I have no doubt that Wentworth's story would be fascinating and great too. So hopefully we'll get them both! :)

message 17: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Lord William reminds me of Jonas Wyatt! LOL

message 18: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments I hope so! I'll accept Jay as Joseph. Absolutely. Yum.

As Wentworth... I picture:

Photobucket

Norrington from Pirates.

Not sure what image you all have in your mind.

I do hope to write both books, though I will admit to being more excited by Lord William's, partly because I know him better as a character.

message 19: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 21 comments Ohhh...I can picture him as Wentworth.

message 20: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments He's pretty hot without the wig. And he's pretty hot in it. By the time I'm done with him, Wentworth won't be wearing a lot of wigs.

message 21: by Beanbag, Gabe's babe (new)

Beanbag Love | 298 comments Mod
I was thinking of Jude Law for Wentworth, but I can't find a good picture of him in period costume. He's awfully pretty, but he spikes the smarm meter at the same time which makes him equal parts compelling and repulsive. lol Poor Jude. :P

message 22: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 21 comments LOL, Beanbag! Jude Law definitely leans more on the smarmy side for me.

message 23: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

That's the perfect Wentworth! LOL

message 24: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Beanbag, that's a great idea. I wish I could see him in period costume. I used to like him till he fooled around on his wife... But that's kind of a Wentworth-y thing to do, as well, so...

message 25: by Shawna (new)

Shawna (shawnalovesromance) | 21 comments I think Hugh Laurie could play a mean Wentworth. He's got the English accent, air of superiority, and has acted in some period films before.

description

message 26: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Maybe a bit on the older side, but he probably could do it, too. Heck, I would throw him out of my bed, er... movie. LOL!

message 27: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 4 comments He would be good. He definitely has the sarcastic, manipulative type down.

message 28: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 25 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I love these books. Don't hit me, but I am a fan of Wentworth too. I love a good antihero/charismatic villain. :) I also love Joseph.

I am a big sucker for warrior/military heroes. :)"

I agree with you Lady D...Lovin' Wentworth for some reason, I think he "could" be an honorable man...adn I really am curious about Joseph as well.

message 29: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments I was just making notes on his story a couple of days ago, CrazyPenguinLady. :-)

CrazyPenguinLady wrote: "I'm absolutely desperate to read Wentworth's book... He is my favorite character in the whole series, and that's saying a lot considering he's being compared to the MacKinnons and Joseph!

Fingers ..."

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Awesome! I am also waiting for Wentworth's redemption tale!

message 31: by Susanna (new)

Susanna | 6 comments Yes please!!!!! Omg I am so excited! I need to know his story!!

message 32: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments I've got a notebook started for it. I had it just running in my head like a movie on Friday, so I took notes so I won't forget.

I love him and want to get it written soon.

message 33: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

Yay, yay, yay!!!

message 34: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Yay, yay, yay!!!"

^^^What she said^^^

message 35: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Aw, thanks! You are all so supportive!

What would I do without you????

message 36: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, They're All Mine! (new)

Pamela wrote: "Aw, thanks! You are all so supportive!

What would I do without you????"

You'll never have to find out!

message 37: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pamela_clare) | 370 comments Well thank goodness for that! <3

UniquelyMoi *Dhestiny* BlithelyBookish wrote: "Pamela wrote: "Aw, thanks! You are all so supportive!

What would I do without you????"

You'll never have to find out!"

message 38: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

That would be a splendid Christmas present!

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

LOL! I am jazzed to meet another big Wentworth fan, CrazyPenguinLady!

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress , MacKinnon's Ranger (new)

You said it!

message 41: by Susanna (new)

Susanna | 6 comments Under that hard exterior I know there is a sex god ready to get out & melt out hearts! Hahah!!!! ......

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethwilliams) I am the biggest (and most vociferous) Wentworth fan in the cosmos! That Machiavel is all mine. Thank you so much Pamela. The problem is, I only have ten fingers to chew to the bone before his book is published.

P.S. I said it before and I'll say it again, our love is cannibalistic, Pamela will soon feel devoured.

message 43: by Jena (new)

Jena (outlanderfan74) I have never been rendered as wordless as I am when I try to communicate my love of these books! My GR reviews read like something I might have written in fifth grade! Maybe I shouldn't have attempted to review them after just finishing each one, because the only coherent thought in my head was, "MORE, MORE, WANT MORE!"

I loved all the heroines, for their strength which presented itself in such unique ways for each of them.
Iain, Morgan, and Connor? . . . If you're in this group, you likely have a good idea how I feel about them!
Joseph needs his own book, today! :-)
If you can make me love your villain, you have got some serious talent, and I do love Lord William! It took me til the third book, but it happened, so I can't wait to see him fall in love.
And maybe I'm overstating the obvious here, but out of all the romances I've read, these have to be the most exquisitely written sex scenes I have ever read in my life! They're creative, they're heart-driven as opposed to purely physical, and they're beautiful!

I have avoided phone calls while reading, I have forgotten to eat! That's the power the MacKinnon brothers have over me!

message 44: by Pamela(AllHoney), Julian, Marc, and Zach are MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 817 comments Mod
Yes, Ms. Clare has a way with writing some really awesome guys!

message 45: by Jane (new)

Jane (scribblerjane) Pamela wrote: "I hope so! I'll accept Jay as Joseph. Absolutely. Yum.

As Wentworth... I picture:

Norrington from Pirates.

Not sure what image you all have in your mind.

I do hope to write both books, th..."

OMG! Norrington was definitely whom I pictured as Wentworth when I read all three books! I think it's the way Wentworth acts, that bad good guy that Norrington is too.