SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Monthly Nominations > House of Suns ebook?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (charlotte-) | 12 comments Hi all

Anyone found an ebook version of House of Suns available in Canada? Preferably formatted for kindle? It isn't available on the kindle site and the (expensive) version I found can only be downloaded in the US.

And I voted for it! Guess I should have checked availability first!

message 2: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) Well, darn it. I wish authors/publishers/agents/etc. would get this international e-book rights stuff organized. I saw a book I wanted to order the other day, at it wasn't available in the US (apparently only in UK or the EU). :(
Maybe Geoffrey could re-open the poll? ;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

We can. Or we can just switch books altogether to the other one ....

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric (proggyboog) Well, the vote was 10-9. If there's geographic issues, I say switch. The selection was a tossup for me in any case.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That's my thoughts - one vote isn't that major a difference

message 6: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I'm totally up for either book, so you can consider my vote switched.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hell, I voted for Banks, but I was ready to start House of Suns. Maybe there should be a way to pre-qualify selections. I'm not sure I can see what isn't available outside the USA. I need to think about the December science fiction selections I'm picking.

message 8: by Greg (new)

Greg Is this the next one? Cause if it is I'd like to start it.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry everyone. I didn't mean to get confusing. I switched books on the group bookshelf - but maybe I'll maybe I'll set up a quick vote ....

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 25, 2010 05:49PM) (new)

The re-polling ended up with a 1 vote difference in the same direction .... so House of Suns it is ... or both ....

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 25, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Geoffrey wrote: "The re-polling ended up with a 1 vote difference in the same direction .... so House of Suns it is ... or both ...."

Never fear, I think Against a Dark Background could come back in the December voting for Science Fiction if we don't try to read both for October.

message 12: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I'm so confused: I already started reading Against a Dark Background. >_<

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Charles: I saw that as your currently reading ... our herd of cats style group is pretty evenly split on this month's book. .... If I make a call, I'd tend to go with House this month with the assumption that Dark Background pops up again soon as there's obviously interest ... (unless you come back and say its god-awful)

message 14: by Charles (new)

Charles (nogdog) I just thought "House" was the one not available in Canada, so we were going to do "Dark Background" instead.

Anyway, I just got my shipping notice for I Shall Wear Midnight, so that will be next on my reading list anyway. :-)

message 15: by Lyndl (new)

Lyndl | 27 comments Neither of these are available to Aus customers on Amazon. Still checking other options.