Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > JEANIENE FROST ~ Night Huntress series ~ 25th September

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Sep 20, 2010 01:22PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
JEANIENE FROST ~ author of the Night Huntress and Night Huntress World series - 25 September

I'd like to introduce Jeanine Frost and thank her for agreeing to take part in our featured Goodreads UF/PNR author Q & A!!!

I have great pleasure welcoming Jeaniene joining us for a special one day Q&A ~ she is a very busy woman! Jeaniene is, as I'm sure you all know, is the author of the Night Huntress and Nught Huntress World series!

Jeaniene is joining us for the day on 25th September to take part so please welcome her. Please also take quick look at how the Q&A rules before you post.

I hope we all enjoy this opportunity to ask Jeaniene questions. Please post all questions in this thread.

I realise some of us will have a lot of questions for Jeaniene but please limit them to one or two per post to give everyone a chance, you can always post more later (no limit on how many time you post as long as you don't take over!!)

The Series:
Night Huntress
Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
At Grave's End
Destined for an Early Grave
This Side of the Grave (released 22 February 2011)

Night Huntress World
First Drop of Crimson
Eternal Kiss of Darkness

To find out more about Jeaniene and her books visit:-
Jeaniene's official website - Jeaniene Frost
Jeaniene's Blog - Blog
Jeaniene on Goodreads - Goodreads profile

About Jeaniene
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Night Huntress series and the Night Huntress World novels. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to fourteen different countries. Jeaniene lives in Florida with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she swears like a sailor, rarely cooks, and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside from writing, Jeaniene enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling – by car. Airplanes, children, and cookbooks frighten her.

For information on Jeaniene's books, reading the first 20% of each book free, book trailers, deleted scenes, creature mythology, and more, please visit: www.jeanienefrost.com

message 2: by Mariya (last edited Sep 20, 2010 01:11PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) SCREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U GOT JEANIENE FROST, OH GOD, I LOVE YOUU, JEN!!!!

btw, when u listed her series you added one foot in the grave twice and didnt put the first book halfway to the grave.

message 3: by Mariya (last edited Sep 20, 2010 04:04PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Q: will you be writing a new series after the night huntress/night huntress world series?

Q: do u knoe yet if you will be writing vlad's and ian story for the night huntress world?

Comment: out of all of the adult PNR/UF series ive read, you have my favorite sex scenes! how do you put so much, i dont even knoe how to put it, but i gotta compliment you, they just make me melt

Q: how many cat and bones books where there be?

Q: how did you create such a character like bones? i mean he is like the most perfect man in the universe.

Q: do u have a favorite book in your night huntress and night huntress world series?

Q: will there be more of tate in the future books?

Q: wil there be any new characters in this side of the grave that will have a huge role, kind of like gregor from DFAEG?

message 4: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

Mariya wrote: "SCREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U GOT JEANIENE FROST, OH GOD, I LOVE YOUU, JEN!!!!

btw, when u listed her series you added one foot in the grave twice and didnt put the first book halfway to the grave."

I REALLY happy Jeaniene has agreed to join us :) :)

Thanks for spotting my error, how embarrassing!! ***blushes while sorting stupid error, sorry Jeaniene***

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) hahahaha. i guess u can tell she is one of my favorite authors. now excuse me while i think of some more questions to ask, gotta think and brainstorm up some good ones. 8)

message 6: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Sep 24, 2010 03:16PM) (new)

Q: How do you come up with your ideas for plots and types of characters?

Q: Are you anything like Cat?

Q: What type of books do you enjoy reading?

Q: For all us budding authors, what is the best bit of advice you can give us?

message 7: by Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (last edited Sep 20, 2010 02:16PM) (new)

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 24 comments Q: Who is or has been your inspiration for Bones' character?

Q: Throughout the Night Huntress Series we've seen vampires, ghouls, and ghosts, any chance we'll see some werewolves in the future books?

Q: I love to hate Annette, will we see more of her in the upcoming Night Huntress books?

message 8: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Q:Is Tate going to get his own HEA? Obviously Cat only has eyes for Bones, but I really want Tate to find happiness!

Q:Is Cat & Justina's relationship going to change now that Justina is .....? I'd really like to see them develope a better relationship, especially since J has been a total biatch to C from the first book.

message 9: by ~Vixhen~ (last edited Sep 21, 2010 04:13PM) (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 53 comments Q: Is there any merchandising in the works for The Night Huntress Series? The artwork/covers are so amazing. I would love to see it on a t-shirt or in poster form.

Q: I know that you're into visiting old cemeteries. What is the most interesting thing you've read on a headstone?

Q: Do you foresee adding any other major characters to your series that are paranormal beings other than vampires?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments Q: Do you know how many books you are doing in the Night Huntress series?

Q: Who is your favourite character in the series?

Q: Which character is the easiest and the hardest to write?

Q: Would you like to see the Night Huntress books in a TV series or film?

message 11: by Judithe (last edited Sep 20, 2010 04:48PM) (new)

Judithe | 33 comments Q: Is there a character you really don't like, but need to keep around anyway?

message 12: by AH (new)

AH Q Are you planning any new series, and if so, can you give us any hints?

message 13: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 16 comments Q: Do you ever get embarassed thinking about people reading "Chapter 32"?

BTW, I love love love your books!

message 14: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin Q How long does it take you to write a book and do you know from the start exactly what is going to happen or do you add little twists to the story as you go?

Hey There Delilah!! (lilone322) | 180 comments Q: will Chance & Isabella or Elise & Blake make an appearance in the future Night Huntress books??

message 16: by pwnic78 (new)

pwnic78 | 1 comments Q: I liked seeing Bones pov in the short story. Think you'll ever do a segment in a future NH book from his pov? Perhaps just a little Bones treat at the end? maybe?

message 17: by Sarah (last edited Sep 24, 2010 10:43PM) (new)

Sarah (wistar89) | 1 comments Hi Jeaniene,

Q:After you write the vlad series hopefully will there be an Ian book?Even ifhe doesnt get a heroine?

Q:will you write a short story/book on Bones' life after he was turned [before Cat]sort of like a prequel?

message 18: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (oldbookwormcb) | 3 comments First let me say that you are an amazing author! I read every book as soon as it comes out! Follow you on twitter! BTW all hard copies, no e-reader for this girl! I love the darkness before the light!
Q:Is there a character that you have killed off, but wished you hadn't?
Q:does it ever surprise you that you have such a large cult following?
Q:Through all the blood, sweat, and tears, is writing still enjoyable for you?
Q:What were your favorite reads while growing up, who inspires you?
Q:Which are your favorite characters, which ones almost wrote their own story?

message 19: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Hi everyone! Thanks so much to Jen for inviting me to the blog today, and thanks to all of YOU for making sure I'm not chatting with myself :D. I'm going to start at the top with the questions and work my way down, so scroll through the posts to find your answer. And if you don't have a question but just want to chat/make a comment, please do! I don't bite unless asked to *wink*

Jeaniene

message 20: by Anna (last edited Sep 25, 2010 08:25AM) (new)

Anna | 2 comments I love this event!!!You don't get the chance to ask one of your favourite authors questions everyday!

Q: Do bad reviews make you sad or they make you try even harder?
Q: Besides Bones,who of your other characters you find sexy?
Q: What is your addiction,the one thing you would never give up?

message 21: by Jeaniene (last edited Sep 25, 2010 08:45AM) (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Mariya wrote:

Q: Will you be writing a new series after the Night huntress/Night huntress world series?

I do have stories set in other, non-vampire worlds. Readers can get a glimpse at one of those alternate worlds in the upcoming HAUNTED BY YOUR TOUCH anthology. My story, Night’s Darkest Embrace, features demons, partial demons, and fallen angels. I’d like to return to that world again in the future.

Q: Do you know yet if you will be writing Vlad's and Ian’s story for the Night Huntress world?

I love Ian as a character, but he is NOT ready to cease his slutty, hell-raising ways yet. So I don’t see Ian getting his own book in the very near future. He needs to settle down a little first or he’d shamelessly cheat on and drive crazy anyone woman I set him up with. Vlad, however, is at a different point in his life and I know just the woman who will rock his world. I’m hoping for some good news about books with him soon. Wish me luck!

Q: How many cat and bones books where there be?

Right now there are seven books contracted. I’m writing book six at the moment. After I spoke to my editor about what events will happen before their series concludes, we realized I have too much plot to fit into just two novels. So there will probably be more books past # seven because of that reason, but I don’t have any formal number yet.

Q: How did you create such a character like Bones? I mean he is like the most perfect man in the universe.

Thanks for the compliment! I usually have characters in my head even before I formulate a plot, so Bones is a product of my twisted mind :). I have a dark sense of humor, I’ve loved English accents since I developed a major crush on Billy Idol as a teen, and of course, I’ve loved vampires since before that. So it’s no surprise that the first hero I wrote would be an English vampire with a rather mischievous sense of humor. The rest of Bones’s personality came from filling in the details on his background, and seeing how he interacted in scenes. My characters tend to grab the wheel while I write.

Q: Do you have a favorite book in your Night Huntress and Night Huntress World series?

I’m fickle, so my favorite book is whatever I’m writing at the time.

Q: Will there be more of Tate in the future books?

Tate does appear in THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE as a side character, and he’s in C&B #6.

Q: Will there be any new characters in This Side of the Grave that will have a huge role, kind of like Gregor from DFAEG?

Vlad, Mencheres, and Marie Lavaeu have significant side character roles in THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE. Can’t say more or it would spoiler.

message 22: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Jen asked:

Q: How do you come up with your ideas for plots and types of characters?

I start with characters in my head that I just can’t stop thinking about. Then I play the “what if this happened?” game imagining how they’d react in certain scenarios. That usually gives me the basic idea for a plot. For the rest of my process, I wrote a long blog detailing it here: http://frost-light.livejournal.com/10...

Q: Are you anything like Cat?

Heh, aside from the fact that I don’t drink, I had a normal childhood, I’m nowhere near an ass-kicker, I’m human, my idea of a fun evening is dinner and a movie, and I haven’t killed a single person in my life, sure! We’re exactly alike *wink*

Q: What type of books do you enjoy reading?

I love paranormal fiction, be it romance, urban fantasy, horror, or YA. I do read some non-paranormals, but that probably only makes up about 15% of my reading.

Q: For all us budding authors, what is the best bit of advice you can give us?

WRITE. The more you write, the better you’ll get at it. I look back at some of my early, unpublished stuff and cringe at how awful it is, but that’s a good thing because it means I’ve grown as a writer. My other biggest piece of advice is to revise. No one, no one, NO ONE gets it right the first time. Revising might not be nearly as much fun, but it separates the wanna-be’s from the will-be’s, in my opinion. If you don’t want to revise but you want to be an author, you’ve just stacked the odds astronomically against yourself.

message 23: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Lori asked:

Q: Who is or has been your inspiration for Bones' character?

Scroll up to previous post for my answer on this :).

Q: Throughout the Night Huntress Series we've seen vampires, ghouls, and ghosts, any chance we'll see some werewolves in the future books?

FIRST DROP OF CRIMSON introduced demons who could shapeshift into whatever creature they chose, but that’s as close as I’ll get to shifters in the Night Huntress universe. So no werewolves as their own separate species, sorry.

Q: I love to hate Annette, will we see more of her in the upcoming Night Huntress books?

Annette is such a fun character to write. I do expect her to be in future Night Huntress books, but depending on the plot, she may not show up in all the remaining books.

message 24: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (hovercat) | 3 comments Out of all the characters I love, I'd have to say I like Tate the most. Would you ever consider a spin off book for him?

message 25: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments LethalLovely wrote:

Q: Is Tate going to get his own HEA? Obviously Cat only has eyes for Bones, but I really want Tate to find happiness!

I want Tate to find happiness, too. But he can also be his own worst enemy. If Tate can let go of his hang-ups and move on, I have hope for him in the future. If not, well…

Q: Is Cat & Justina's relationship going to change now that Justina is .....? I'd really like to see them develop a better relationship, especially since J has been a total biatch to C from the first book.

Justina is another character that most readers love to hate. I enjoy writing her because it’s like peeling back an onion; Justina DOES have a lot of layers, but when she’s first introduced in the series, all readers experience is the stink ;-). Like Tate, I hope with time and self-examination, her character will continue to develop and change into someone who readers may root for occasionally, instead of only root against.

message 26: by Siria (new)

Siria | 1 comments Can't wait to meet you @ ComicCon!

Q:Will Cat get her cross bones tattoo again?
Q:Is Bones still pierced ;) or not since it was a deleted scene? (crossing fingers)lol

message 27: by Teri (new)

Teri I adore the Dark Huntress series. You are definitely one of my favorite writers. The scene between Cat and Bones In One Foot in the Grave is the BEST vampire sex scene I've ever read. Ever. I also listen to your books on my ipod. Tavia Gilbert is amazing!

Q: Will all of your books eventually be made into audio books? If yes, please tell me that Tavia Gilbert will narrate all of them. :)

Thank you, Teri

message 28: by Trader (new)

Trader (RedHotBlueReads) | 1 comments Just wanted to stop by and say hello Jeaniene! I'm so glad to read you want to return to give us more stories from Nocturna! I'm going to be claiming Rafael on frostfans soon, I think! And I totally hear Billy Idol's british accent when I'm reading Bones.. Thanks for the great stories!

message 29: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Chichimo aka "Vixhen" asked:

Q: Is there any merchandising in the works for The Night Huntress Series? The artwork/covers are so amazing. I would love to see it on a t-shirt or in poster form.

My publisher’s art department owns the copyright to all my cover art, so I can’t use any of those images for merchandise. I do, however, have a merchandise shop that recently opened featuring tee shirts, tote bags, coffee cups & more with quotes from the series, other art work, etc. You can check it out here: http://www.printfection.com/jeanienef...

Q: I know that you're into visiting old cemeteries. What is the most interesting thing you've read on a headstone?

I couldn’t pick just one. Some people were very creative with their epitaphs, especially in older or historic cemeteries.

Q: Do you foresee adding any other major characters to your series that are paranormal beings other than vampires?

Well, there are already ghouls, ghosts, and demons as well as vampires in my books. At this time I don’t plan to have another paranormal creature pop up, though there may be variations on the above species. Still, I won’t say it will never happen. When I wrote HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE, I hadn’t intended to make demons a side species, and look how that turned out :).

message 30: by Rbh (new)

Rbh | 1 comments i haven`t questions - but i will say thank you jeaniene for the wonderfull books/charakters and storys. i really like the books (ok ok bones :-) but also spade and vlad ..)

message 31: by Ciera (new)

Ciera Jenkins (forgottenandalone2010) | 6 comments Just a quick comment about how much I LOVE YOU BOOKS!!!!!!!!!! I won't be online today after this like I thought I would be. I am so glad there will be more books added to the Cat and Bones series. Thanks for the awesome stories that we enjoy. Have a great day :)

message 32: by GWOMAN23 (new)

GWOMAN23 | 2 comments Will Tate get his own book in the Night Huntress world series? Pretty Please! Love your books and can't wait to meet you at Comic Con NYC!!

message 33: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Suzanne asked:

Q: Do you know how many books you are doing in the Night Huntress series?

Scroll up to previous post for my answer on this :).

Q: Who is your favourite character in the series?

Whichever hero/heroine I’m writing at the time. I cheat with my affections, lol.

Q: Which character is the easiest and the hardest to write?

It depends on the book. Cat was pretty smooth to write in ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE, for example, but harder in AT GRAVE’S END because so many things were being thrown at her, and most of them were very tough. Likewise, Bones was fairly smooth to write in HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE but in DESTINED FOR AN EARLY GRAVE, he was in a bad place emotionally through a lot of scenes so that was tough. Until I really figured out Kira’s motivation in ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS, she was a nightmare to write. Then I realized I’d been assigning a personality to her that didn’t fit and her scenes flowed after that.

Q: Would you like to see the Night Huntress books in a TV series or film?

It’s something I rarely think about, and that sounds like a canned answer but it’s true. Considering all the books on the shelves, it’s so unusual for one book/series to actually make it onto a TV or movie screen that it’s like thinking about winning the lottery: sure, it’d be great, but who really expects it?

I’ve seen a lot of readers say they’d love for the Night Huntress series to be a TV show or movie, and I take that as a compliment. I’ve also seen some readers say “please never agree to a TV show/movie unless you can make sure that it’s EXACTLY like your books!” and I take that as a compliment, too (although once an author gives a network or studio rights to produce a TV series/movie, it’s 99% of the time out of the author’s hands as to what is or isn’t changed from the books). My dream has always been seeing my books in print. Anything else would just be extra frosting on the cake – yummy, but not necessary to make me happy.

message 34: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Johnson (authormkjohnson) I have only been reading paranormal fantasy for the last year and a half and I actually stumbled on your books by accident. Now I'm hooked! I don't know if I'm going to be able to hold out until February 22 for the next Cat and Bones book! Hehe! I found Cat to be so refreshing and kick a**! I loved it! I have many question for you, however I will start with two.

Q. How/when did you you know when you wanted to be a writer?

Q. How did you come up with Cat's Character?

message 35: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Judithe asked:

Q: Is there a character you really don't like, but need to keep around anyway?

I don’t like my villains, but they tend not to survive for very long, heh. Aside from them, I can honestly say that I can’t think of any recurring character in my series that I dislike.

message 36: by Elena *Phade* G. (new)

Elena *Phade* G. (insomniacsleeper) | 27 comments well it seems all the questions i thought of have been answered. just wanted to say you are a great inspiration. i absolutely love your books. the only downside is that since i have read them everything else i read is not as interesting. i must admit i feel very spoiled. your books are my guilty pleasure. as long as your still putting books out, i will be reading them. i cant get enough of cat and bones. yum.. i have now thought of a question.

Q: have you ever visited the cayman islands? If not and ever decide to, please let me know. They do book signings every now and then at one of the book stores and earlier this year PC and Kristen cast were here. If you come down I will definitely be there. I don’t get to travel much, so I don’t get to all the interesting events in the states.

i will probably ask something else later.
your number one fan from cayman :O)

message 37: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments AH asked:

Q Are you planning any new series, and if so, can you give us any hints?

See my previous response to Mariya :).

message 38: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Sabrina Fair asked:

Q: Do you have any rituals that you do before, during, or after you write?

Before I write, I think obsessively about the characters/book, constantly churning around ideas and “what if’s” in my mind. More on my process while I write a book is here: http://frost-light.livejournal.com/10... After I type “the end,” I usually try to catch up on my sleep, lol. The last couple weeks finishing a book are like the last sprint in a marathon.

Q: If you weren't a writer, what would you be?

An aspiring writer. I’m not even being sarcastic. I’ve wanted to write since I was twelve years old. I can’t imagine any other career I’d rather be doing.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 405 comments Thanks for answering my Q's Jeaniene : ) Just wanted to say I love the Night Huntress books, they are fantastic, I am constatly pestering people to read them to spread the Bones love! Also just checked out your merchandize and it looks great

message 40: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 2 comments I think you've got plenty of questions to tide you over for a while. So, I just wanted to boost your ego a bit and let you know that you...and Bill Gates, are my idols. Your writing is absolutely amazing! Don't ever stop! I think out of all your books I liked the Denise and Spade one the best. I know I'm betraying Cat and Bones here (even though my Xbox name is RedReaper x), but they're great too. I liked that you involved demons, and wouldn't mind reading more about them in the Night Huntress series!

So I do have a question. Are you going to make sequels to the Night Huntress World books so we can see what happens to Mencheres and Spade? Or will we know by reading Night Huntress where they are and what they're doing?

P.S. I still stand by my facebook comment when I said that I'd rather see a Night Huntress TV series.

message 41: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Rafaela asked:

Q: Do you ever get embarrassed thinking about people reading "Chapter 32"?

YES. In fact, a few months before ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE was scheduled to release, I emailed my editor in a panic, insisting that I rewrite the chapter to make it less graphic. She refused to let me change anything. I think a lot of readers would probably thank her for that, heh.

Oh, and I told my parents that I never, ever wanted to hear their opinion on that chapter. As far as I’m concerned, the version of the book they read didn’t have it (that’s my rationalization and I’m sticking to it! :)

message 42: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy | 2 comments I'd love to read about Vlad too! I almost wanted him and Cat to get together...almost. :) Sorry, Bones fans.

message 43: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (hovercat) | 3 comments I also just wanted to say how much I really love your books. My friend let me borrow her first 4 and Spade's book after seeing me take forever to get through another author's book. I read them all within a week.
The mister was completely ignored the entire time, I had to finish them! :)
Your series is my favourite so far and I wish you so much success!!

message 44: by Elena *Phade* G. (new)

Elena *Phade* G. (insomniacsleeper) | 27 comments Mindy, i did the same thing. its like once you started them you had to finish it right away. and yeah my hubby got quite ignored as well. but like i said, i had to finish them. and i know the feeling about reading other books now, its kinda difficult isnt it. lol

message 45: by Sara (new)

Sara Randall (sarandall) | 1 comments Jeaniene,
Q: Have you ever considered a YA Series?
-Because with your wit and humor that might just be AWESOME!

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather (sadiefrog) | 4 comments Hey Jeaniene! I would love to ask you questions, but somehow I think they might all be spoilers! I have big questions about Timothy and if he will have any role in the future.
I have to say I just love your books and finished everything published in about a week. I found you on audible and am very excited about the next few months with books 2-4 being released. Thanks for all you do. C&B is my favorite universe to immerse myself in.

message 47: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (hovercat) | 3 comments Elena wrote: "Mindy, i did the same thing. its like once you started them you had to finish it right away. and yeah my hubby got quite ignored as well. but like i said, i had to finish them. and i know the feeli..."

lol yup. Even at work I would complain to the ladies "I can't believe he would try to talk to me when I'm trying to read! How rude!" :D

message 48: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Thanks for answering my questions, Mrs. Frost!

message 49: by Elena *Phade* G. (new)

Elena *Phade* G. (insomniacsleeper) | 27 comments Mindy wrote: "Elena wrote: "Mindy, i did the same thing. its like once you started them you had to finish it right away. and yeah my hubby got quite ignored as well. but like i said, i had to finish them. and i ..."

same here. it would be like, 'sorry hunni, but can you make yourself dinner tonite..' lol

message 50: by Jeaniene (new)

Jeaniene Frost (jeaniene_frost) | 59 comments Kerstin asked:

Q How long does it take you to write a book and do you know from the start exactly what is going to happen or do you add little twists to the story as you go?

In the interest of saving space (because this is a long answer) here’s the link where I detailed the timeline of how long it took me to write my first several books: http://frost-light.livejournal.com/10...

When I start a novel, I usually know less than 50% of what’s going to happen. More on my process here: http://frost-light.livejournal.com/10...

« previous 1 3