Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Kenyon's Dark Hunter Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill | 24 comments I've been reading the Dark Hunter series. Wanting to read them in order I did a little searching. Every list is different. The inside of the paperbacks, Kenon's web site, amazon, and goodreads all have different order to read lists. I just started Sins of the Night and it seems like I've missed something to get to that story and those characters...kwim?

What list, if any, do you follow?

Thanks!

message 2: by pianogal (new)

pianogal | 31 comments Jill, I just started reading these as well and I totally understand your frustration. So far, I've pretty much stuck with Kenyon's website, but of the first three "official" books, "Fantasy Lover" isn't really a Dark Hunter novel, and then there are two short stories - one of which was published after the next couple of novels. "Night Pleasures" seems to be the mostly-agreed upon first Dark Hunter novel, but I just finished "Night Embrace" which is after it. I didn't really miss too much, but it did feel like I was missing something. Hope this helps, but if you find out something else, please let me know. :)

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 24 comments Thanks pianogal. I ten to obsess about reading a series in order. Who am I kidding I tend to obsess about most things.

message 4: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 137 comments There's a list that Kenyon posted on her website with the reading order of her series. I followed that when I found out it was a series. I had started with Seize the Night when Lorette at the bookstore handed it to me as a recommendation. I followed Kenyon's list and didn't lose out at all, even when I didn't get to read the anthologies in between. Can't go wrong with that list.

message 5: by Tricia (new)

Tricia | 39 comments 1. Fantasy Lover - It's the introduction into the world of the dark hunters.

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/hunter...

If you follow the list on her website (left to right)you will have the correct reading order.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 24 comments Thought this was interesting:

St. Martin's Book Trailer Lands Among YouTube's 'Most Viewed'
By Lynn Andriani -- Publishers Weekly, 7/30/2008 12:37:00 PM

YouTube’s “most viewed” video list usually includes outrageous moments captured by amateurs along with bedroom sex tapes. So it was quite a coup when the trailer for Sherrilyn Kenyon’s forthcoming book Acheron made it onto YouTube's “most viewed” list last week. Only one day after being posted on the site, the video trailer was viewed more than 113,00 times. A week later, that number has surged past 175,000. St. Martin’s is doing all it can to keep that momentum going until the novel, a paranormal romance, goes on sale August 5 with a 350,000-copy first printing.

The video, which was produced by a Hollywood production team in conjunction with St. Martin’s and Kenyon, is 33 seconds long and has elicited viewer comments such as “i cant wait to get my hands on this book” and “I am soo psyched for the book!! I pre ordered it from Amazon.” Indeed, John Karle, associate director of publicity at St. Martin’s, said, “We definitely saw a spike in preorders across all online retailers.”

Kenyon’s fans are very active online, and St. Martin’s has been building an online marketing campaign for the past year. The house sent an e-mail with a link to the video on YouTube to 90,000 people at midnight on July 20, which was preceded by teasers on July 17 and 18 announcing that something big was coming at midnight on the 20th. Zeitghost Media distributed the video across the Web, and dozens of blogs and Web sites picked it up and continue to feature it.

The book’s Web site—which St. Martin’s advertised in print and online—includes e-book giveaways, as well as downloads of Acheron wallpapers and screensavers. Additionally, the house unveiled an Ultimate Dark-Hunter Quiz game on Facebook that’s also available as a desktop application.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fantasy Lover (other topics)