Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Warm water and stress relief...

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 20, 2010 05:49AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How often do you wash your hands? Do you ever wash them just to...wash them?

I do. I've heard warm water is a stress reliever...whether in the bathtub...

http://www.hottubbliss.com/soak-in-th...

or while washing dishes...

http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontam...

I'm all for that. ButI benefit from the mindful attempt to reduce stress more than anything, I think.

message 2: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) remember when I said I actually like doing dishes and everyone thought I was crazy?...

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I'm with you on that one, Petra...

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I would never poke fun, Petra. I like to mate socks out of the laundry. It's soothing and satisfying. To each his (or her) own.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24359 comments Mod
I wash my hands whenever I come home from being out in public, because other people and surfaces are germy and I don't want to get sick if I can help it. I wash my hands after using the bathroom. I wash them if I've eaten something even a teeny bit sticky.

I once worked at a student job in a library warehouse where my hands got so cold I would go soak them in hot water every hour.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I wash my hands a lot, too, because of all the old grimy library books I have to sort through in my job. I really hate the sticky ones.

LG, I'll also wash my hands to warm up after being outside in the cold.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24359 comments Mod
I've worked volunteer jobs handling old grimy books and yes, they can be incredibly filthy! People would donate bags and boxes of books to us that had clearly been sitting in their garages, attics and basements uncovered and had 1/4 inch of dust and dirt sitting on them. It was disgusting!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.