Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > Law and Order UK Verison Coming Soon

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6619 comments Mod
I can't wait until the British version of Law and Order comes on, on October 3. I will be watching that show. I have seen clips of the show on youtube months ago and I can't wait. I was hoping that it hit America.

I like Law and Order CI, but since Bobby is gone, I don't care to watch it anymore. I have watched it all these years, because of Bobby.

I watch SVU as well, but it was number two to me. I didn't care for the regular Law and Order.

message 2: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
It's finally coming to the US? Woo hoo! I think you'll love it, Arch. I think in many ways it's much more awesome than the US versions. Definitely has a more diverts casting list (not the main cast per se but just people you see in the episodes). Love it.

I liked the original Law and Order when Chris Noth was on there with George Z and Sorvino (I think it was?), then CI and SVU but I'd have to say UK is my favorite nowadays.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Yes, it's coming to BBCA on October 3. I have recorded the season finale of Being Human and when I have rewind my tape to get to a certain part and hit play, I've seen the preview. I can't wait.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I'm excited to watch this!

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Me too Danielle.

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Tonight, Law and Order UK comes on BBCA. 9 p.m. central time.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Yes, Melissa it is. I've seen clips on youtube of the UK version months ago. I want to see the British version. I tend to like British shows.

I don't care for the regular American version of Law and Order. I like Law and Order CI, only when Bobby is on it. Bobby is returning, so I can start watching it agagin. I like watching Law and Order SVU too. It's the second Law and Order that I like.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

No, I haven't heard of Hustle. What station does it comes on and what day?

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

I thought the show comes on at 9 p.m. central time, I've just checked and it's 9:30 p.m. central time

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Last night for the American premier, it came on at 9:30 p.m. central time. It will be coming on Fridays at 9 p.m. central time.

It has a different feel from the American version, but I can still tell it's the British version of the American version of the regular Law and Order.

I hope I don't offend anyone. I just thought it was funny that the lawyers and judge wore wigs. I guess they will have the black lawyer wear a wig, when it's her chance to be someone's lawyer.

They court system is differnt too. The people on stand, stands up where as in America, people sits down.

The young detective is cute.

message 11: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Oct 04, 2010 01:51PM) (new)

Yeah the wigs date back to the 1700s I believe and they carried the tradition ever since. If memory serves, Canadian courts are similar to UK ones in a few ways (someone from there can correct if I'm wrong).

I like how they have the different court system as well (I love that term 'crown prosecutor).

The UK Law and Order is probably my favorite. I love how they have a diverse background of everyday people there and they tend to get a bit more gritty with their storylines even though they're based on the originals.

Hey Arch, I'm not sure if you've ever seen the new Battlestar Galactica but Jamie Bamber (the younger guy) played Apollo and was married to Dee (Kandyse McClure) for a while on the show during the 2nd season. He was really vocal about acting as her husband and enjoying it but a lot of the fans kept pushing him with crazy Starbuck and gave Dee a hard time (not to mention the writers giving her a raw deal). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxiwzt...

There's an interesting sort of parallel here where something happens to Alesha (Freema's character) and he's really concerned about the aftermath. That was a tough episode to watch but they had some great scenes together.

http://www.universal-playback.com/law...

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

Melissa, we don't have Hustle yet.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

We have an American version? I didn't know that. I don't watch a lot of shows are stations, so that's probably why I didn't know that.

I've watched a few episodes of Girlfriends, I don't know what boyfriend you are referring to. I wasn't a regular follower of the show.

message 14: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I'm still waiting on Cole. It's been ages since that's been out but still no studio has picked it up for distribution and I haven't seen any showings of it outside of the film festival circuit. I'm holding out hope that it'll be out real soon because it looks like an awesome flick. I hope we at least get a DVD or a showing on IFC or Sundance!

Does she live at the end of Children of the Corn? I saw that coming on SF channel this week but I didn't want to watch if she died.

I'll have see about hunting down episodes of Hustle. Sounds interesting and I love Adrian Lester!

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

Two 2010 episodes are coming on tonight. I will record them.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Melissa, I'm not sure how I missed this, but I love Hustle. I have the first three seasons. I didn't want to watch after Adrian left. I love him!

I think Leverage is sort of like Hustle.